Honestly I have not had that bad an experienced with BlackBerry 10. Love my phone find the os a good match for me.

It does have its bugs but I am willing to live with them because I understand it's a brand new os and that's what I signed up for.

However BlackBerry Link is getting to the point for me now that I'm ready to jump ship. I can't backup my device as it always crashes. I'm on an official os nor a leak Btw. Were I on a leak I would be OK but this is official from my carrier.

Also I updated it and somehow it disabled my wireless Internet. Had to perform a system restore. It's friggin ridiculous that a simple backup and sync program works so poorly.

All I want is for then to fix it so I can continue to enjoy my phone.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 11:41 AM
    Honestly I have not had that bad an experienced with BlackBerry 10. Love my phone find the os a good match for me.

It does have its bugs but I am willing to live with them because I understand it's a brand new os and that's what I signed up for.

However BlackBerry Link is getting to the point for me now that I'm ready to jump ship. I can't backup my device as it always crashes. I'm on an official os nor a leak Btw. Were I on a leak I would be OK but this is official from my carrier.

Also I updated it and somehow it disabled my wireless Internet. Had to perform a system restore. It's friggin ridiculous that a simple backup and sync program works so poorly.

All I want is for then to fix it so I can continue to enjoy my phone.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry for your experience... I assume you just wanted to vent and don't want any help.

LINK is not the best software in the world, and it doe use a lot of resources and can slow an older system down (not much different from iTunes, but without the features of iTunes). But it seems to Work pretty good on my Windows 8.1 machine and on a Virtual Windows XP that I run on the same system.

You might want to try Sachesi http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...taller-825409/.

Not sure what you need to use LINK for, but between Sachesi and BOX and my contacts being synced via my email account.... I don't really use LINK.
    Last edited by Dunt Dunt Dunt; 11-22-13 at 07:43 AM. Reason: for donnation...
    howarmat likes this.
    11-20-13 11:53 AM
    Sorry for your experience... I assume you just wanted to vent and don't want any help.

LINK is not the best software in the world, and it doe use a lot of resources and can slow an older system down (not much different from iTunes, but without the features of iTunes). But it seems to Work pretty good on my Windows 8.1 machine and on a Virtual Windows XP that I run on the same system.

You might want to try Sachesi http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...taller-825409/.

Not sure what you need to use LINK for, but between Sachesi and BOX and my contacts being synced via my email account.... I don't really use LINK.
    You really want to compare BB Link to iTunes? They are not even close. While I can see iTunes slowing a much OLDER system down, they are not even in the same ballpark. BB Link is one of the worst pieces of software I've ever seen in my life. Its complete trash and comparing it to iTunes is completely ridiculous.
    11-20-13 12:33 PM
    All I really wanted to do was backup my phone. But it cannot do that without crashing.

I also did the update cause I read that it improved some things. Guess I won't know cause after the system restore it went back to the old version.

Oh I will also sheepishly admit I was going to install 10.2.1.1055. But I won't do it till I have a full backup on my laptop cause I ain't hunting for numbers anymore.
    11-20-13 12:51 PM
    Agreed Link is junk, remote access doesn't work half the time (says offline and its actually 100% online and signed in and enabled), backups and restore to official OS do not work for one reason or another half the time, its clunky and slow when you click on something, it just assumes I want to sync my life and I have disabled it but still see pictures I have long since deleted. Sync should be opt in not opt out, etc. I have tried to disable syncing everywhere but I still see old content all over Link that is long gone...Other stuff too..

I don't use it that much but I dread it when I do
    11-20-13 12:56 PM
    I really try to avoid Link too. I wish it was much better, but its not.
    11-20-13 03:20 PM
    Never had a problem with Link. I backup and restore all the time, since I load every OS leak that pops up.. So far (knock wood) Link has worked ..
    Using BB Z10 running 10.2.1.1055
    stevepar likes this.
    11-20-13 03:26 PM
    Gotta say, I haven't had any issues with Link, either. Of course, I've only used it for backups and restores when upgrading to various leaks on the Z/Q10 and transferring microSD files back and forth via cable... nothing fancy like using sync or WiFi access or remote access.
    11-20-13 09:36 PM
    Gotta say, I haven't had any issues with Link, either. Of course, I've only used it for backups and restores when upgrading to various leaks on the Z/Q10 and transferring microSD files back and forth via cable... nothing fancy like using sync or WiFi access or remote access.
    Lol whats really ****ty is all I need it for is to backup my phone contacts. I don't care about my apps( should probably remove some), my music is on my SD card as are all my photos, so all I need are my phone contacts and it can't handle that! After all this I tried again three times! It crashed every time!
    11-20-13 10:32 PM
    Never had a problem with this software. Sometimes the problem lies with the computer or even the person using the software, just sayin

Q10 running10.2.1.1055 leak and loving it!
    11-20-13 10:37 PM
    I don't have any issues with link,back up syncing etc all works fine .I see some having issues I don't know if it has anything to do with the computer system that one uses perhaps older model pcs are an issue?

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 10:50 PM
    I do sometimes have problems with link on my pc, but I know it's because I should just do a quick format since I've had some win updates issues for some time. Knowing this I've installed link on 2 other win 8 pc and my lil brother's mac, with no issues whatsoever. I was mad at the software before the installs (I perfectly understand your frustration) , but since then ... no problems with backups. Maybe you have some OS issues also, but are so unobtrusive that there's no way to see them other than link being the resource hog that it is.

Hardcore BlackBerry er'
    11-20-13 10:54 PM
    Link really does need some work done. A bonus if they let you manage, install and download apps through it.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 10:54 PM
    Assuming you've updated to the latest version of Link by uninstalling the old version and not installing over top or "upgrading" it. I'd say if you have anti virus running you might want to try disabling it while backing up or adding an exception for the Link "process" so that AV can't interfere.

Just an idea.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1055
    11-20-13 11:08 PM
    I try to use it as little as possible. There's always one issue or another that pops up and I always have to attach it multiple times for it to read my device properly.

the last time it kept telling me my "playbook" wasn't set up properly. I'm like okay... now tell me about my z10 which is what's actually attached here. I've never even hooked up my playbook to that computer.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 11:17 PM
    I try to use it as little as possible. There's always one issue or another that pops up and I always have to attach it multiple times for it to read my device properly.

the last time it kept telling me my "playbook" wasn't set up properly. I'm like okay... now tell me about my z10 which is what's actually attached here. I've never even hooked up my playbook to that computer.

Posted via CB10
    The trick for the "not set up properly" thing, assuming you DID complete the setup -- is to leave LINK running and move the USB cable on your PC from the port you are using to another port.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1055
    11-20-13 11:23 PM
    I don't have any issues with link,back up syncing etc all works fine .I see some having issues I don't know if it has anything to do with the computer system that one uses perhaps older model pcs are an issue?

Posted via CB10
    I am on Windows 7 and the computer dates back to 2009. But still, how much of a resource hog is this piece of crap?
    11-20-13 11:51 PM
    Assuming you've updated to the latest version of Link by uninstalling the old version and not installing over top or "upgrading" it. I'd say if you have anti virus running you might want to try disabling it while backing up or adding an exception for the Link "process" so that AV can't interfere.

Just an idea.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1055
    Actually I didn't know you had to uninstall then install. When I get a chance I will try that, hopefully that will help me out?
    11-20-13 11:53 PM
    I am on Windows 7 and the computer dates back to 2009. But still, how much of a resource hog is this piece of crap?
    Nah. I am using it on a Windows 7 PC that is about the same age as yours. But I am not having any issues backing up.

Has to be something else going on.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1055
    11-20-13 11:54 PM
    Use Sachesi for backups and restores. It uses the exact same process as Link, but is more reliable. (In fact, you should be able to restore a backup in Link that you made in Sachesi.)

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.1055 using CB10
    southlander likes this.
    11-21-13 12:13 AM
    Lol whats really ****ty is all I need it for is to backup my phone contacts. I don't care about my apps( should probably remove some), my music is on my SD card as are all my photos, so all I need are my phone contacts and it can't handle that! After all this I tried again three times! It crashed every time!
    I used contact X. It isn't great but it works better than Link does.
    I refuse to use link for backing up now. It is an awful system. They need to give us BlackBerry Protect back

Posted via CB10
    mrfreeze likes this.
    11-21-13 03:32 AM
    I used contact X. It isn't great but it works better than Link does.
    I refuse to use link for backing up now. It is an awful system. They need to give us BlackBerry Protect back

Posted via CB10
    Use Fire Chest Backup. It's free and will backup a variety of things to your Dropbox account, including Remember, Contacts, etc. (but not SMS yet). Apparently there's a huge update for it coming that will add a lot of features.

11-21-13 03:41 AM
    Link will burn in the same circle of hell as itunes. Both are the worst pieces of software I have ever used.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 04:04 AM
    Use Fire Chest Backup. It's free and will backup a variety of things to your Dropbox account, including Remember, Contacts, etc. (but not SMS yet). Apparently there's a huge update for it coming that will add a lot of features.

Thanks. I think you are the second person to recommend this to me. I will give it a try

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 04:41 AM
    Never had a problem with Link. I backup and restore all the time, since I load every OS leak that pops up.. So far (knock wood) Link has worked ..
    Using BB Z10 running 10.2.1.1055
    Me too. I have been happy with Link. Something to do with the software on the laptop or computer maybe? I have Windows 7.

Curve 8320, Bold 9780, Bold 9900, PB 64gb, Z10
    11-21-13 07:22 AM
40 12