That's cool and thank you for going the extra mile but it still doesn't prove that either opinion is 100% correct. Both opinions are still unsubstantiated as far as I am concerned.
    One thing is however substantiated, the Key1 and Key2 have capacitive keyboards AND the Key2LE and Titan don't.

Refresh my memory, what is it that you don't like about the Key2 keyboard?
    08-14-19 08:20 PM
    One thing is however substantiated, the Key1 and Key2 have capacitive keyboards AND the Key2LE and Titan don't.
    The Passport, Priv, K1 and 2 have capacitive functionality; the LE does not. Whether that's a hardware or software related was never proven beyond any shadow of doubt.
    Refresh my memory, what is it that you don't like about the Key2 keyboard?
    1. Involuntarily cursor mode activations
    2. Involuntarily sym vkb activations
    3. Failed recognition of predicted words swipe up gesture
    4. Random insertion of unwanted predicted words
    the_boon likes this.
    08-14-19 08:37 PM
    The Passport, Priv, K1 and 2 have capacitive functionality; the LE does not. Whether that's a hardware or software related was never proven beyond any shadow of doubt.
    1. Involuntarily cursor mode activations
    2. Involuntarily sym vkb activations
    3. Failed recognition of predicted words swipe up gesture
    4. Random insertion of unwanted predicted words
    Well to be frank, a capacitive keyboard is not for you. Not all keys are capacitive and as such if you decide to flick on a key that is not capacitive, it will not perform the way YOU want it too. As with every PKB phone with or without capacitive capacity there is a level of remapping your motor skills to learn the new keyboard and get the maximal benefit. Remember, not all keys are capacitive.
    08-14-19 09:59 PM
    I will try my account and the tomatoes are far more than anything about Fiddleheads and started kicking him and then Joe went to town on the guy

*oops. Hit send by mistake but those works were all flicked from predictive suggestions without any issues
    08-14-19 10:17 PM
    Well to be frank, a capacitive keyboard is not for you. Not all keys are capacitive and as such if you decide to flick on a key that is not capacitive, it will not perform the way YOU want it too. As with every PKB phone with or without capacitive capacity there is a level of remapping your motor skills to learn the new keyboard and get the maximal benefit. Remember, not all keys are capacitive.
    That's good to know. I did not know that not every single key is capacitive but in light of what you say, how do you explain the Priv keypad being absolutely flawless? Every signle swipe registers properly! The goes for the Passport but we'll leave that aside as we are talking Android here.

As for adapting, I am more than willing and have tried to do so for as long as I have owned my K2 which was purchased at launch.

Are you saying the involuntary activations of cursor mode & sym vkb is a matter of misuse and if so, I am open to learning how to use the device though no one seem to be able to provide any such guidelines, including the device maker itself.
    08-14-19 10:31 PM
    I will try my account and the tomatoes are far more than anything about Fiddleheads and started kicking him and then Joe went to town on the guy

*oops. Hit send by mistake but those works were all flicked from predictive suggestions without any issues
    That's correct! Exclusive successive swipes result in zero error. The problem occurs when typing and swiping which require transitioning from one input method to another (type / swipe).

IMO the software randomly hang; it is possible to have something to do with Android as some BlackBerry Mobile CSR's confirmed that this phenomenon may be fixed with Android Pie which by the way things look, is not going to happen after all.
    08-14-19 10:34 PM
    Actually, the 3 top rows are capacitive, the bottom one isn't.

I doubt it's a matter of typing style unless he's going from key to key without ever lifting his thumbs
    shadowcalling likes this.
    08-14-19 10:43 PM
    Actually, the 3 top rows are capacitive, the bottom one isn't.

I doubt it's a matter of typing style unless he's going from key to key without ever lifting his thumbs
    Actually the top row is not capacitive when it comes to flicking words. It's meant to keep you away from the navigation buttons.
    08-14-19 11:21 PM
    Actually the top row is not capacitive when it comes to flicking words. It's meant to keep you away from the navigation buttons.
    Wait, so flicking is supposed be done on the bottom two only?

Though muscle memory has to be given its time to adjust I find it really difficult to ensure a swipe gesture exclusively remains on the bottom two.

The top row will not recognize a page scroll gesture but it will recognize a word deletion swipe back.
    Last edited by RK_BB; 08-14-19 at 11:41 PM.
    08-14-19 11:28 PM
    Wait, so flicking is supposed be done on the bottom two only?

Though muscle memory has to be given its time to adjust I find it really difficult to ensure a swipe gesture exclusively remains on the bottom two.

The top row will not recognize a page scroll gesture but it will recognize a word deletion swipe back.
    Correct
    08-14-19 11:42 PM
    Correct
    Well, first, where have you been??? Where has BlackBerry Mobile been? They are fully aware of so many complaints and never thought to tell us any of that? I am literally shocked! There is a thread with well over 2K posts discussing just that. You would have been massively helpful there!

That being said, I am definitely experiencing failed word flicks recognitions even when attempting to use the bottom two exclusively while ensuring the thumb is lifted before it reaches the top row thereby not touching it.
    08-14-19 11:49 PM
    Well, first, where have you been??? Where has BlackBerry Mobile been? They are fully aware of so many complaints and never thought to tell us any of that? I am literally shocked! There is a thread with well over 2K posts discussing just that. You would have been massively helpful there!

That being said, I am definitely experiencing failed word flicks recognitions even when attempting to use the bottom two exclusively while ensuring the thumb is lifted before it reaches the top row thereby not touching it.
    You don't have to AVOID the top row.
    08-14-19 11:58 PM
    You don't have to avoid the top row.
    So what did @yamahammer told me I was correct about in post # 135?
    08-14-19 11:59 PM
    You don't have to avoid the top row.
    One a Keyone indeed! ;-).
    08-14-19 11:59 PM
    The top row is ignored by the swipe up software, yes. But you don't have to try to AVOID it.

As a matter of fact, I believe it only tracks swipe-up movement across the middle row.

I'm not sure how this changes anything at all for you.
    08-15-19 12:04 AM
    You are certainly correct about swiping left on the top row to delete. You are correct that the top row does not allow to scroll up or flick words. Yes I have contributed to many keyboard threads over the last couple of years.
    08-15-19 12:06 AM
    The top row is ignored by the swipe up software, yes. But you don't have to try to AVOID it.

As a matter of fact, I believe it only tracks swipe-up movement across the middle row.

You can't say matter of fact, when you say "I believe". ;-). But you may in fact be correct. I can scroll using the m key and others as well on the 3rd row, but certainly not as well as the middle row.
    Paulelmar18 likes this.
    08-15-19 12:14 AM

Trying to avoid the top row maks no difference whatsoever. I am still getting failed word flick recognitions.
    08-15-19 12:28 AM
    Trying to avoid the top row maks no difference whatsoever. I am still getting failed word flick recognitions.
    Ok. Suggest we return the thread back to its roots. We've gotten way off topic here. Poof
    08-15-19 12:34 AM
    Ok. Suggest we return the thread back to its roots. We've gotten way off topic here. Poof
    Agreed. Though if you have any suggestions as to how to remedy this phenomenon or what may be the root cause of it all then I am all ears.
    08-15-19 12:36 AM
    Sure got quiet in here.... there’s more activity in 9900 threads
    08-16-19 03:32 PM
    Regarding the Key 2 and LE keyboards, they are different. The keys are 10% bigger on the key2.
    I use the LE, and not having a capacitive keyboard is not the end of the world.
    08-16-19 03:48 PM
    I drag thumbnail on keys while typing.
    Old habit from Bold. Tactile feedback assists rapid key acquisition for non visual type by feel. Capacitive kb is a terrible hindrance to my use case. Give me a trackpad over capacitive kb ANY day. Imo, fwiw.
    RK_BB and Smokeaire like this.
    08-16-19 04:37 PM
    Regarding the Key 2 and LE keyboards, they are different. The keys are 10% bigger on the key2.
    I use the LE, and not having a capacitive keyboard is not the end of the world.
    IMO PKB with no trackpad and no capacitive keypad provide for a more cumbersome hardware operating experience as the thumbs constantly get repositioned between the keyboard to the screen.
    08-16-19 04:40 PM
    I drag thumbnail on keys while typing.
    Old habit from Bold. Tactile feedback assists rapid key acquisition for non visual type by feel. Capacitive kb is a terrible hindrance to my use case. Give me a trackpad over capacitive kb ANY day. Imo, fwiw.
    Agreed! Trackpad over capacitive keypad any day of the week...
    08-16-19 04:41 PM
176 ... 45678