I have a MacBook Pro that's a year and a half old. It looks, and runs, just as good as the day I bought it. It just works. I haven't had to do anything to it. No defragmenting, no freeze ups, nothing.

I love it and will never buy another Windows computer.
    Last edited by ScottsdaleHokie; 06-26-11 at 10:19 PM.
    06-26-11 05:54 PM
    Didn't know the Aluminium Pros had Hardware issues as well. I know 3 people with those and they seem to be doing fine. What exactly are the problems with those?
    The best build quality I have seen was on my previous IBM Thinkpad T 42, back when IBM still made Thinkpads. Solid laptop and extremely durable. It's still in use with my friend's employee.
    I must have gotten the cracking cases mixed up...sorry!

One of my friend's had a Pro where the keyboard just literally fell apart. Another friend had one where the Motherboard fried, but I don't know the details. And to be fair, I don't know how well they treated them. There was also one where the case/hinges were getting pretty loose.

I've been thinking of getting a MacBook Air one of these days. Seems pretty slick. The only thing I really don't like about the MacBooks (personally) is the displays. I hate glossy displays. They look great when they are turned off, but are a nightmare when in use.

The Thinkpads still seem pretty durable. I may look at those next time. Honestly though, it seems like computers really haven't advanced much in the past three years, so it may be awhile unless mine dies.
    Last edited by ChuckH0308; 06-26-11 at 11:34 PM.
    06-26-11 11:31 PM
    I must have gotten the cracking cases mixed up...sorry!

One of my friend's had a Pro where the keyboard just literally fell apart. Another friend had one where the Motherboard fried, but I don't know the details. And to be fair, I don't know how well they treated them. There was also one where the case/hinges were getting pretty loose.

I've been thinking of getting a MacBook Air one of these days. Seems pretty slick. The only thing I really don't like about the MacBooks (personally) is the displays. I hate glossy displays. They look great when they are turned off, but are a nightmare when in use.

The Thinkpads still seem pretty durable. I may look at those next time. Honestly though, it seems like computers really haven't advanced much in the past three years, so it may be awhile unless mine dies.
    Seen that happen on a couple of Pros.
    06-27-11 02:53 AM
    I don't follow XDA, but what kind of hardware failures? The only issue I am aware of (of any significance) is that some people are having reboot problems due to the last firmware release and apparently how it interacts with certain parts of the network.
    It's basically called the reboot of death.
    06-28-11 01:34 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD