Yeah. They have to keep boosting specs or they have to start lowering prices. Eventually they have to do both.

Eventually, maybe they will have to actually get creative and give us another slider phone.
    02-11-14 04:28 PM
    I completely agree, but I believe the gpu is much more important, take the iphone for example, it has a relatively small processor, but a monster gpu, works the same with pc's aswell. The benchmark results blew me away! Have a look on geekbench. (because the software is also written to optimise the performance).
    02-11-14 05:05 PM
    Not so creative though, they need to construct an improved slider design. Sigh
    02-11-14 05:06 PM
    To be honest, I think BlackBerry gets it now, while some of its fans still don't : they are here to sell phones, not to prove the market is wrong at where it's heading. If the market says it takes specs upgrade each year to keep selling phones, then that's what they are going to do... making better spec'ed phones every year.

Who cares you need it or not, it's you want it or not counts.

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.1925+1926 radio
    Well said.

Say what you wan about the missteps, but I think BBRY does get it, even if some of us can't or won't. I think BBRY knows what has to occur to make a dent in marketshare numbers, assuming the rumors are true.
    02-11-14 06:00 PM
    Well said.

Say what you wan about the missteps, but I think BBRY does get it, even if some of us can't or won't. I think BBRY knows what has to occur to make a dent in marketshare numbers, assuming the rumors are true.
    Blackberry have always got it. They just got it later then everyone else. I see nothing that changes that yet. If the rumours are true then maybe there is hope.
    But I remember the aristo

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    02-11-14 06:52 PM
    Blackberry have always got it. They just got it later then everyone else. I see nothing that changes that yet. If the rumours are true then maybe there is hope.
    But I remember the aristo

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    Are you talking about the rumours about a quad-core Aristo? Yeah, that was canned...but was definitely in R&D. There is code for it in the OS.

I think that these specs will most likely come out after most other companies have an Octa-Core 64 bit processor. Though hopefully not LONG after.

That DOESN'T mean I wouldn't rather have one in a BB10 device though. So I would rather have the same processor running BB10 than Android with TouchWiz.

I will most likely still get one...even though it is older than the rest - because I like the OS. Also, the Z30 speakers and antennae must go in them!

Mmm...CB10! Just the tip though...
    02-11-14 07:14 PM
    Well I hope you do realise that's not the norm for the majority of the population out there.

Here's the question tho, do you think their phone later will ever be powerful enough to replace their PCs?

I doubt it and I hope BlackBerry has given up on this "mobile computing" thing.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    My desktop has Intel Core2Duo OC'ed at 2.75 GHz (originally 2.4 GHz) with 2GB RAM, with 1280x1024 monitor.
    My Z10 has dual core CPU clocked at about 2.4 GHz and 2 GB RAM with 1280x768 display.

At this point I'm wondering why I'm not running Windows 7 on my Z10

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.1925
    02-11-14 08:03 PM
    My desktop has Intel Core2Duo OC'ed at 2.75 GHz (originally 2.4 GHz) with 2GB RAM, with 1280x1024 monitor.
    My Z10 has dual core CPU clocked at about 2.4 GHz and 2 GB RAM with 1280x768 display.

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.1925
    Microsoft Windows 7 cannot run on an ARM processor can it?

This evening I was developing a command shell, written in BASH, for git using vim on a server running GNU/Linux remotely connected via my BlackBerry PlayBook using BBSH Pro and of course the BlackBerry Bluetooth Mini-Keyboard.

Posted via the BlackBerry Q5 using CB10.
    02-11-14 08:57 PM
    +10000

android player better than android.
    02-11-14 08:58 PM
    "Rumor has it that the Canadian vendor will launch it by 2015"

- which means December 31st 2015, 23:59:59

- 2 years from now.

I predict all this to be in most android phones within 1 year from now.

Most people are going to make a big deal over it because its a rumor that may come true 2 years from now, but in reality, its not that far-fetched given the time frame we're talking about here.

So I guess ... relax, this device isn't coming out this summer.
    Why are they making the device for two years from now?
    02-11-14 09:51 PM
    Same reason everyone says the s4 is better than others phones Lmfaooo,

8, cores my rare, my z10 runs smoother than an s4

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    Hmmmm lol. I don't own s4 but I think that air gesture is quite neat. I wouldn't have to keep wiping my screen. I'm allergic to smudges in my screen. I hope BlackBerry will develop a glass that won't get any fingerprints and smudges resistant! If they develop that first that will bring them back to being an innovative company.

It would be awesome if they could develop a phone that will work as a cpu then we only have to buy a monitor
    Posted via Q10
    02-11-14 10:16 PM

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.1925
    Because you'd have to attach a big fan to it and a power cord at all times

02-12-14 01:29 PM
    Microsoft Windows 7 cannot run on an ARM processor can it?

This evening I was developing a command shell, written in BASH, for git using vim on a server running GNU/Linux remotely connected via my BlackBerry PlayBook using BBSH Pro and of course the BlackBerry Bluetooth Mini-Keyboard.

Posted via the BlackBerry Q5 using CB10.
    I don't know about CPUs, I'm not an engineer, but I do know that, if ARM has the same capabilities to other desktop processors and the only variable in our hypothetical situation is the clock speed, my Z10 can run windows 7 perfectly fine performance wise, because it surpasses the minimum system requirements.

It was a response to someone saying "will it be able to replace their desktop?" in my case yes, yes it is

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.1925
    02-12-14 10:56 PM
    Because you'd have to attach a big fan to it and a power cord at all times

That's just accessory. The phone itself has the power to run Windows and graphically-not-so-advanced games like Warcraft or Half Life 2

Maybe Windows can't run on ARM, but if it can, Z10 has the performance to run it

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.1925
    02-12-14 10:58 PM
    02-13-14 08:20 AM
    Here is the reality: the chip makers are going to 64 bit and BlackBerry has to move to it. They are going to Quad and Octa Core, and BlackBerry has to move to it. BlackBerry doesn't make their own chips, nor do they have the sales volume to have chips made to their design like Apple does so they have to use what is available. I'm sure that Qualcomm already has 32 bit mobile processors phased out at some point on the road map and BlackBerry will need to be ready for the new ones.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 09:19 AM
    You guys think we will hear more about this at the Mobile World Congress?

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 10:05 AM
    Any developers here. What will be burden on the developers. Will existing applications work as is or they have to port it? Will Andriod port work in 64 bit version?
    02-14-14 03:34 AM
143 ... 456