Any news on the docking station that BlackBerry patented some time ago?

http://crackberry.com/rim-patent-sho...ocking-station

There is the CB story about it.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 11:58 AM
    Patents don't mean it will ever be used.

They could patent something just to protect the idea and have no intentions of using the design.

Not saying a device depicted in the patent isn't coming, but it's no guarantee.
    03-22-13 12:01 PM
    Yeah, but with Thor regularly saying how the Z10 can replace computers I think it might be a bit closer then some might think.

It might be wishful thinking, but I'm hoping that it comes when BlackBerry 10 works in both landscape and portrait mode.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Peevish; 03-22-13 at 12:18 PM.
    03-22-13 12:03 PM
    Probably would not see anything like this until at least 2014 and even then we still might not see it due to the fact that it would rely on mainly a lot of enterprise customers adopting the idea.
    03-22-13 07:39 PM
    03-23-13 08:01 PM
    This might be the Lapdock that Blackberry will use to dock their BB10 devices to. Also didn't Thorsten say there would be 6 "devices" this year, we may not see 6 smartphones, but this would be a good edition to dock your BB10 smartphone to.

BlackBerry Lapdock-blacberry-laptop-laptop-replacement-cropped-2.jpg.jpg

BlackBerry Lapdock-blacberry-laptop-laptop-replacement-cropped-1.jpg.jpg

I found this picture on the Blackberry website while i was surfing it, here is the link to the page I found it on:
    BlackBerry OS 10 - BlackBerry 10 OS Software Features - Canada
    The picture is on the bottom of the page.

Could it be that Blackberry put this on their website by design or mistake ?

I don't see any branding on it of any type either, it could be there on the part of the device we can't see.

Thorsten has been talking about mobile computing since the BB 10 launch, I think this might be the device that Blackberry will use for your BB10 device to be in "Desktop/Computer Mode"

In a future update BB10 OS update I could see that a desktop/computer mode is added to the OS to facilitate the use of your Blackberry phone as a true mobile computer.
    03-27-13 10:50 PM
    This might be the Lapdock that Blackberry will use to dock their BB10 devices to. Also didn't Thorsten say there would be 6 "devices" this year, we may not see 6 smartphones, but this would be a good edition to dock your BB10 smartphone to.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Blacberry Laptop or laptop replacement cropped 2.jpg.jpg 
Views:	393 
Size:	35.7 KB 
ID:	144570

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Blacberry Laptop or laptop replacement cropped 1.jpg.jpg 
Views:	391 
Size:	28.4 KB 
ID:	144568

I found this picture on the Blackberry website while i was surfing it, here is the link to the page I found it on:
    BlackBerry OS 10 - BlackBerry 10 OS Software Features - Canada
    The picture is on the bottom of the page.

Could it be that Blackberry put this on their website by design or mistake ?

I don't see any branding on it of any type either, it could be there on the part of the device we can't see.

Thorsten has been talking about mobile computing since the BB 10 launch, I think this might be the device that Blackberry will use for your BB10 device to be in "Desktop/Computer Mode"

In a future update BB10 OS update I could see that a desktop/computer mode is added to the OS to facilitate the use of your Blackberry phone as a true mobile computer.
    Looking a little too deep into a blackberry link ad. Link is a software meant to run on laptops and desktops. The ad depicts the software running on the laptop. How does that even indicate a future lap dock? The next thing your going to post is a picture of an i phone next to mac book running iTunes in the picture and all of a sudden " new.I phone lap dock. ". Just saying.

Posted Via CB10 on my Z10
    BB12MX likes this.
    03-30-13 11:16 AM