Good is actually the new BlackBerry killer has anyone else seen this?

Posted via CB10
    milo53 likes this.
    01-31-14 11:15 AM
    seen what?
    01-31-14 11:16 AM
    seen what?
    I think OP is talking about this: Good Technology
    01-31-14 11:18 AM
    Old and unproved rumors ... good count in hundreds where BES counts in 10Ks.
    Yet it is a serious and growing competitor ... or was, since its favorite playfield (iOs) is now covered by BES10.

I won't be surprise the "fast ascension" of good meets some serious problems ... but that's the way me, myself and I see that ... maybe
    01-31-14 11:25 AM
    They've called me the "BlackBerry Killer" before, but probably not for the same reason.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 11:26 AM
    GOOD has been trying for awhile now and still can't convince Enterprise or security sensitive users to migrate because of two major problems: They still haven't proven their security realibility and the platforms Good is used on are still not considered as secure as BB.
    01-31-14 11:49 AM
    Yep, it is very popular in companies that want to allow Apple iOS or Google Android devices.

It's a secured container with some applications that have access to the enterprise network via an encrypted connection using the GOOD network. The same concept as BlackBerry.

These container solutions seem to be half baked at best as they are not integrated into the OS. It's not one solution built with security in mind, it's security as an afterthought where the application relies in what functions the OS and API provides.

BTW, jailbreak detection is pretty basic and there were (are?) apps available in Cydia to bypass GOOD jailbreak detection.

Furthermore, I know some companies that have decided to perform full blown security test for each release of GOOD before it can go into production because of bad experiences with the product in the past. Security issues that were reported and fixed were re-introduced in later versions.

I guess that GOOD is better than nothing and companies are happy to use it so that they can provide their users with iPhones and iPads (dancing pigs problem, http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dancing_pigs).

Cheers.

PS: I have no experience with the BlackBerry container solution for iOS and Android.

Posted via CB10
    mEntal8y likes this.
    01-31-14 12:00 PM
    They won't even let Good in the door at my firm which employs 40,000+ employees worldwide and uses nothing but BlackBerry. Good? They have a long way to go.
    01-31-14 12:10 PM
    The problem for BB is that, while BB has "great" security, and Good only has "good" security, for a WHOLE LOT of BB's former customers, Good is indeed "good enough." Sure, huge enterprises, especially in regulated industries, will usually choose BB, that's a few thousand companies at most. Those should be "automatic" BB customers (they aren't, but they should be). But all of the medium and large businesses that aren't regulated, that were BB's largest source of revenue (the "middle class" as it were) are the companies that Good is targeting, and has won a lot of converts from. For these companies, there are few "secrets" or sensitive data moving around in email, so Good's protection is enough.

Not every company needs a Cadillac - most will buy the Chevy for half the price and be perfectly happy. 5 years ago, it was a Cadillac or nothing, and companies had to buy from BB to get any kind of mobile email with security, whether they needed a little or a lot. Now there are several tiers of choices, just as there are several tiers of needs. As such, expect to see a lot more Chevys, and a lot fewer Cadillacs.
    kbz1960, Bla1ze, mEntal8y and 1 others like this.
    01-31-14 01:53 PM
    Looks good.
    mEntal8y and eldricho like this.
    01-31-14 02:44 PM
    The problem for BB is that, while BB has "great" security, and Good only has "good" security, for a WHOLE LOT of BB's former customers, Good is indeed "good enough." Sure, huge enterprises, especially in regulated industries, will usually choose BB, that's a few thousand companies at most. Those should be "automatic" BB customers (they aren't, but they should be). But all of the medium and large businesses that aren't regulated, that were BB's largest source of revenue (the "middle class" as it were) are the companies that Good is targeting, and has won a lot of converts from. For these companies, there are few "secrets" or sensitive data moving around in email, so Good's protection is enough.

Not every company needs a Cadillac - most will buy the Chevy for half the price and be perfectly happy. 5 years ago, it was a Cadillac or nothing, and companies had to buy from BB to get any kind of mobile email with security, whether they needed a little or a lot. Now there are several tiers of choices, just as there are several tiers of needs. As such, expect to see a lot more Chevys, and a lot fewer Cadillacs.
    BES10 in the cloud is the answer ... cheaper than Good and much, much, much convenient & safer ...
    Only a few weeks/months to go (testing the beta right now) ...
    Counting.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 01-31-14 at 03:39 PM.
    01-31-14 03:21 PM
    BlackBerry states they own more then 60% of the MDM industry, so I wonder what percentage goods at

Z30 - The Final Destination - Winnipeg Mb Clothing|Footwear|Headwear|Headshop|Tobacconist|Ta ttoos
    wincyUt likes this.
    01-31-14 08:50 PM
    Don't know how precise the graph is, but it does give an idea of BlackBerry's share in MDM:

BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY): VMware's Purchase Of Airwatch May Be Bullish For BlackBerry - Seeking Alpha
    SDTRMG and vrud like this.
    01-31-14 09:00 PM

So if GOOD is so good, why have they put themselves up for sale and have had no buyers. They are a dying carcass of a company whose product is universally rated at the bottom.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 09:09 PM
    I really wonder how much this is helping them though.

BlackBerry killer-screen-shot-2014-01-31-11.11.10-pm.jpg
    01-31-14 09:12 PM
    Looks good.
    What you did there. I see it.
    Djlatino and JR A like this.
    01-31-14 09:13 PM
    Maybe good enough for a lot of companies but not even in the same league with BlackBerry in terms of the level of security and sophisticated feature set. Definitely will steal some low hanging fruit for a while (until the first costly breach) but not really a threat at the level of governments, financial institutions, legal firms and others that can't afford to have anything less than the best when it comes to securing their data and communications.
    01-31-14 09:17 PM
    Our Corporation runs 65 000 devices globally, we will NOT even look at "Good" no matter how "GOOD" they say they are! Truth is BlackBerry Enterprise is number 1 and no other provider comes close!

There are inherent security flaws with "Good" and not secure enough for many corporations!
    Posted via CB10
    nyfinch likes this.
    01-31-14 10:57 PM
    I really wonder how much this is helping them though.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-01-31 at 11.11.10 PM.JPG 
Views:	1673 
Size:	201.4 KB 
ID:	243880
    I believe this is a consequence of BES10 being late and BlackBerry chose to select 1 partner to go into the DISA roundup, where they were seeking for a failover option for BlackBerry devices.
    I thing Good is the only one to have BlackBerry 10 APIs other MDM don't.

So it's a bit funny, because GOOD is both a partner and an opponent to BlackBerry .

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 02:37 AM
    Don't just start a post like that. "Good..." is weird and how are we meant to know you're referring to some sort of technology called "Good"?

FFS.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 03:16 AM
    BB no longer has this market locked, there are many "goods" coming out of the woodwork.
    02-01-14 04:02 PM
    BB no longer has this market locked, there are many "goods" coming out of the woodwork.
    Not for BB10. Only Good has APIs
    edit : and - of course - they paid and/or will pay for that (I don't know how the deal was set, but it seriously doubt it's free ).

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 02-02-14 at 06:15 AM.
    milo53 likes this.
    02-01-14 04:41 PM
    Looks good.

In the spirit of the new word "truthy", I propose: "goodish".

Like Apple's fingerprint sensor: goodish.
    02-02-14 06:30 AM
    Yes, they have 5,000 customers.

Opposed to BlackBerry's 80,000.

Win?

Posted via my Z30.
    02-02-14 07:40 AM
    Not for BB10. Only Good has APIs
    edit : and - of course - they paid and/or will pay for that (I don't know how the deal was set, but it seriously doubt it's free ).

Posted via CB10
    Yeah but if you are deploying BB10 you are likely going BES, if not, then BB10 support really isn't necessary. Many businesses are switching to non BlackBerry devices. Last night I noticed that a buddy of mine that has had BlackBerry for a while was using an Android and when I asked what happened to the BlackBerry he said his company ended BlackBerry support at the start of the year. This is happening more and more. BES Cloud "coming soon" is typical BlackBerry and the market is leaving them in the meantime. Hopefully Chen can speed up how long it takes BlackBerry to get things to market.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 09:01 AM
35 12