Greetings all!
    I am sorry to say that I couldn't wait for a new touch device in the US from BlackBerry, so I broke down and purchased a Note 9. I'm very glad that the BlackBerry apps I've grown to love are available but I'm very disappointed that the BlackBerry Keyboard app is not compatible.

I tried sending an email to BlackBerry support, but I received an automated message stating that no one reads the support mailbox messages.

Does anyone know why the BlackBerry Keyboard app does not work and/or if the app will be updated to work?

Thanks!
    IG - @Thisbejasonm
    10-05-18 02:31 PM
    To get Keyboard on non-BB devices, start here: https://forums.crackberry.com/androi...uired-1059855/
    Avenzuno and Tsepz_GP like this.
    10-05-18 02:53 PM
    Does anyone know why the BlackBerry Keyboard app does not work and/or if the app will be updated to work?
    The BB VKB is actually a slightly modified version of SwiftKey, which BB originally licensed for BB10 and obviously licensed again for BB Android. But it makes sense that SwiftKey would not grant them a license to sell their version for other phones, which compete with SwiftKey's own business.

While there are ways of making it happen on your own device, it's technically piracy to do so.
    Avenzuno and Double-Zero like this.
    10-05-18 03:44 PM
    The BB VKB is actually a slightly modified version of SwiftKey, which BB originally licensed for BB10 and obviously licensed again for BB Android. But it makes sense that SwiftKey would not grant them a license to sell their version for other phones, which compete with SwiftKey's own business.

While there are ways of making it happen on your own device, it's technically piracy to do so.
    Technically...except no one knows what 'licensing' agreement is in place between Microsoft and BlackBerry for its Android keyboard, Swiftkey is a free app, and BlackBerry's keyboard app isn't even for sale...and instructions on how to 'pirate' all of BlackBerry's suite of apps (including its keyboard) with no ads are available as a sticky on CB. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    10-05-18 05:12 PM
    BB's keyboard app isn't for sale because that would violate BB's license agreement. But BB can't offer it even for free on other platforms for the same reason (at least, it stands to reason that that's the case, given that such restrictions are incredibly common in similar situations and that BB has never made it available on non-BB-branded devices).

And just because the piracy is done openly doesn't mean it isn't piracy. You are unquestionably breaking license agreements if you are pulling APKs off of authorized hardware and installing it on unauthorized hardware.
    10-06-18 11:07 PM
    And just because the piracy is done openly doesn't mean it isn't piracy. You are unquestionably breaking license agreements if you are pulling APKs off of authorized hardware and installing it on unauthorized hardware.
    Wouldn't be the first time one would have to resort to "piracy" to make a BlackBerry product usable, Cobalt's Play Store probably extended the shelf life of BB10 by a couple years.
    Cobalt232 likes this.
    10-07-18 06:41 AM
    To get Keyboard on non-BB devices, start here: https://forums.crackberry.com/androi...uired-1059855/
    Yep, this is what I am using on both my Note8 and Mate 20 Lite.
    10-07-18 07:58 AM
    Thanks everyone for the info. I'll have to reach out to Cobalt as well....
    10-09-18 10:28 AM
    Him, found the AOL's that work with mate p20. Thank again, love my crackberry!!!
    01-31-19 07:53 PM