So this new porche design phone I think is a..... wait for it.....

BlackBerry passport with a new shell!

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 05:14 AM
    yippee. another phone my carrier won't sell. big deal
    03-03-15 05:22 AM
    Actually there's a chance the keiran is a re shelled BlackBerry classic too.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 05:37 AM
    and be expensive.
    03-03-15 06:09 AM
    and be expensive.
    Than don't buy it, I'm sure the Porsche designed bb10 phones do decent for the market they are geared towards. That market is not the normal consumer

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 07:56 AM
    Why would your carrier carry a Porsche designed phone that costs over a thousand?

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 07:58 AM
    Than don't buy it, I'm sure the Porsche designed bb10 phones do decent for the market they are geared towards. That market is not the normal consumer

Posted via CB10
    No BBRY phones are targeted for consumers
    Last edited by BB_Junky; 03-03-15 at 09:51 AM.
    03-03-15 09:01 AM
    Yep - but I am tired of the lack of support and will be evaluating who to move to.
    03-03-15 10:27 AM
    Either a big dumb Porsche phone or a small dumb Porsche phone with a toolbelt. Nothing to see here, move along.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    03-03-15 10:30 AM
    Why would your carrier carry a Porsche designed phone that costs over a thousand?

Posted via CB10
    Margin...?

That's one thing they can identify with.

�   "Oh Classic, you are the fairest here so true. But Passport is a thousand times more powerful than you..." (no offense, Classic is a great device, when it's charged)   �
    03-03-15 04:33 PM
    Actually there's a chance the keiran is a re shelled BlackBerry classic too.

Posted via CB10
    And the Classic is a re shelled Q10, which further devalues a Porche built from the Classic. Spec wise, the Q10/Classic suck and even someone with enough money to buy one made of solid gold is going to want better specs for the money.

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    03-03-15 05:59 PM
    It'll either be a passport or leap -based device. The classic isn't powerful enough to be considered.
    03-03-15 06:54 PM
    Hopefully it's a Porsche Passport. The name just clicks.
    And if it's worth the price, I might need to save some money for this future device.

Posted via my SEXY RED PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480
    03-03-15 07:26 PM
    Hey, I came across many of your posts during the last weeks, and even if I'm not in the same bandwagon than you (looking for a high-end kb phone, personally) I was expecting a high-end touch announcement. Not a leap, a hybrid or a mysterious Porsche design. I think Mr Chen made a huge mistake. Even if he can't win the war specs against Android, by not even trying, he showed to the world the inability of BlackBerry to compete in the high-end market and I think he's a fool to think businesses won't see this as a failure. Good luck to you and all the others who were waiting for a decent (mid to high-end by today standards) all-touch. Hope you won't jump the ship too fast...

Posted via CB10
    BerryRipe likes this.
    03-03-15 07:35 PM
    Hey, I came across many of your posts during the last weeks, and even if I'm not in the same bandwagon than you (looking for a high-end kb phone, personally) I was expecting a high-end touch announcement. Not a leap, a hybrid or a mysterious Porsche design. I think Mr Chen made a huge mistake. Even if he can't win the war specs against Android, by not even trying, he showed to the world the inability of BlackBerry to compete in the high-end market and I think he's a fool to think businesses won't see this as a failure. Good luck to you and all the others who were waiting for a decent (mid to high-end by today standards) all-touch. Hope you won't jump the ship too fast...

Posted via CB10
    Who says the Porsche design won't be a high end touch? How about you wait a month before declaring that everyone should jump ship?
    BerryRipe likes this.
    03-03-15 09:27 PM
    Who says the Porsche design won't be a high end touch? How about you wait a month before declaring that everyone should jump ship?
    Are you not aware of the Porsche Design device history? Serious question. They've all been revamps of already existing devices.. just prettier and more expensive.
    03-03-15 09:37 PM
    Are you not aware of the Porsche Design device history?
    I am aware of their past devices, however with the new direction of blackberry and mobile devices in general, I would hope people can reserve pressing the eject button until the actual device has been shown...
    03-03-15 09:40 PM
    Are you not aware of the Porsche Design device history? Serious question. They've all been revamps of already existing devices.. just prettier and more expensive.
    Slow yo roll Bla1ze... I wouldn't go so far as to say that all the Porsche designed phones were pretty.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 09:55 PM
    So it's kind of like getting a new IPhone except for the Porsche is prettier than its predecessor.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 10:06 PM
    Not everyone, but there is clearly nothing here for those looking specifically for a high-end device. And you might wanna read again my last sentence. I was talking to a member that already said many times that without a high-end all touch, she'll be out. I'm not asking for it.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 10:14 PM
    Slow yo roll Bla1ze... I wouldn't go so far as to say that all the Porsche designed phones were pretty.

Posted via CB10
    Ha!
    03-03-15 10:41 PM
    I am aware of their past devices, however with the new direction of blackberry and mobile devices in general, I would hope people can reserve pressing the eject button until the actual device has been shown...
    That's not how things work. Spaz first, logic later lol.
    Thunderbuck and MikeV73 like this.
    03-03-15 10:42 PM
    I want to buy it, but I just got a custom pin, so the Porsche pin would be kinda wasted.

Beproud
    03-03-15 10:44 PM
    When has a carrier ever sold a Porsche Design BlackBerry though?

I know they have them out here at the Beverly Hills Porsche Design store, and I've seen them at Harrods in London... but even when the P'9981 was out and BlackBerry devices were in stores, I never saw it in one.
    03-03-15 11:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    To be fair, if you were running a big corporation (or maybe you are?) and had to buy phones for people, would you really want to spend the money on an iPhone 6 or Galaxy S6? More likely than not, your employees have or will have one of these high end phones as a personal device. Yes, they have good specs, better than the Leap, but assuming you're buying these devices for business purposes, do you need a heart rate sensor and 16megapixel camera? Of course if you did, you could get the S6 with KNOX/BlackBerry security.

But I don't think it's wise for BlackBerry to be like, "here! Here is a spec'd out phone, it's $799 or $899 in Canada off contract, we're here to take your bulk orders!"

You have to look at the Leap for what it is: a decent midrange device, priced at $275. BlackBerry is still regaining its footing, so to produce a high end all-touch device, when people (and carriers) have barely forgiven BlackBerry for the Z10 and Z30 doesn't seem too wise. The last thing we (BlackBerry lovers and BlackBerry) need is more warehouses full of unsold inventory. A high end all-touch phone would be a risk, and now isn't a good time for one. I know the Passport was a risk, but it at least had a physical keyboard phone and a statement piece--neither of which the Leap is. Also, they didn't make too many at first, I'd bet, seeing as they were sold out on Amazon and Shop BlackBerry shortly after being released.

I say John Chen was right to wait a bit before making a new, high end all-touch phone, until after the company gets back on more stable financial ground. Then, by all means, take that risk and pray that all these people crying about wanting a Z50 buys one for each member of their family (I'd buy one too!)
    03-03-15 11:55 PM
28 12