Okay for the past two days I have been having considerable problems with my blackberry 8300. I have been a lurker on this site for quite some time but now I am having trouble and I am under the impression that my 8300 can not be upgraded to a new OS System.

Problem: During the day the blackberry will just go off and then come right back on and go through the whole rebooting process.? This is very concerning to me as I have not had a moments problem with this phone until now. Even while talking it will perform this rebooting deal.. Even tonite I have been trying to get it to come back on and work but I think she has give up the ghost.... But now after about an hour of taking the battery out and pluggin it up and playing with it, it has come back on and seems to be fine. But for how long..... I don't know...... PLEASE HELP ME>>>>>>

I NEED SOME ADVICE>>>> I am ready to go buy an updated phone so I can get a newer OS System..... Thanks

12-12-08 06:56 PM
    you can definitely upgrade your operating system. In the how-to section there is a good tutorial. you just have to make sure you are using the correct os for your model. follow the instructions and you'll be fine.
    12-12-08 07:03 PM
    well I called myself doing that and all I found was

it is recommended that those that have the 4.2 OS can not upgrade.....

I will look again though

Thanks
    12-12-08 07:22 PM
    Hope this was of some help and welcome aboard!
    12-12-08 07:35 PM
    well call me crazy but I can not find anything that states 8300 anywhere...

Crazy I guess.... I am just ignorant to the whole deal I guess...

Plenty of stuff on the 8310 but nata on the 8300.. Boy if it wasn't for bad luck I would not have any luck at all...... LOL

Thanks for the welcome...
    12-12-08 07:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD