Taken from an attendee at yesterdays Investor meet up:

...it is interesting to note that BlackBerry just hinted that there will be a new wave of BlackBerry secure phones coming to market in a few months, in volume and variety we haven’t seen this decade. Apparently concerns about security are driving companies back to the brand, as penalties for breaches continue to escalate and actual breaches continue to increase.

https://www.datamation.com/mobile-wi...nications.html
    04-25-18 02:01 PM
    Looking forward to trying them all. Bring on summer.
    04-25-18 02:08 PM
    Waiting with bated breath, but quite frankly this rumor stuff is getting long in the tooth. I need to replace what I've got soon before I go nuts. Please, whoever is making these please do us all a favor and announce something already.
    04-25-18 03:47 PM
    Interesting rumor, but when will we see something tangible? The Keytwo seems to be taking forever to be announced? I am interested in a Classic sized Keyboard phone for email, text, and talk.
    tazcubed and phuoc like this.
    04-25-18 04:57 PM

...it is interesting to note that BlackBerry just hinted that there will be a new wave of BlackBerry secure phones coming to market in a few months, in volume and variety we haven’t seen this decade. Apparently concerns about security are driving companies back to the brand, as penalties for breaches continue to escalate and actual breaches continue to increase.

There are four we know for sure - the two from TCL, and the two from Optiemus.
    04-25-18 05:19 PM
    No kidding. It is time to pull the lead out of their arses. I desperately need a replacement and the keyone ain't doing it. I'm not buying a phone that is 18 months old. Time to kick it into gear.

Posted via CB10
    Bob80220 likes this.
    04-25-18 08:25 PM
    I've never known a company that could keep a lid on a project like TCL. Maybe the CIA could learn something from them.
    RK_BB, the_boon, melhiore and 3 others like this.
    04-25-18 08:44 PM
    It is time to pull the lead out of their arses.

Time to kick it into gear.

Posted via CB10
    +1... 👍

Bob
    DWonder likes this.
    04-25-18 09:29 PM
    2 this year from BlackBerry Mobile, but myself and Conite were told in person that bbmo was in this for the long term so no surprise
    IndianTiwari and dusdal like this.
    04-25-18 09:50 PM
    The article does say "BlackBerry secure phones" not necessarily BlackBerry branded phones. So maybe they got some traction with licencing out their secure android as they said they wanted to without the BlackBerry device brand? That would be interesting.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    04-25-18 09:54 PM
    Well as long as the PR grinder brings in some enterprise business to BlackBerry lol. There's nothing that differentiates BB android in the real world from other BYOD android devices. Dtek, secure OS et all doesn't count if we've seen the market share of BYOD android vs BB Android. Other OEM's have their names for such things too which they may or may not drum about. For eg Dtek depends on Android OS to show up app permissions & apps accessing bits around the phone. If Android didn't provide this as a thing to use, Dtek wouldn't exist. Nothing out of the world as far as BB security flavour is concerned.
    04-26-18 12:59 AM
    Well as long as the PR grinder brings in some enterprise business to BlackBerry lol. There's nothing that differentiates BB android in the real world from other BYOD android devices. Dtek, secure OS et all doesn't count if we've seen the market share of BYOD android vs BB Android. Other OEM's have their names for such things too which they may or may not drum about. For eg Dtek depends on Android OS to show up app permissions & apps accessing bits around the phone. If Android didn't provide this as a thing to use, Dtek wouldn't exist. Nothing out of the world as far as BB security flavour is concerned.
    First, what does this have to do with this thread?

Second, the only real competitor to BlackBerry Android is Samsung Knox. They are the only two that have both Hardware Root of Trust, and Integrity Detection. BlackBerry goes a bit further by choosing to lock the bootloader. I also believe that BlackBerry Android's overall implementation and security posture is a bit more rigorous than Knox.
    04-26-18 05:35 AM
    First, what does this have to do with this thread?

Second, the only real competitor to BlackBerry Android is Samsung Knox. They are the only two that have both Hardware Root of Trust, and Integrity Detection. BlackBerry goes a bit further by choosing to lock the bootloader. I also believe that BlackBerry Android's overall implementation and security posture is a bit more rigorous than Knox.
    You guessed right. Samsung Knox. Therefore my view. Thanks.
    04-26-18 06:32 AM
    You guessed right. Samsung Knox. Therefore my view. Thanks.
    Samsung Knox - based on Blackberry's efforts.
    04-26-18 06:41 AM
    Samsung Knox - based on Blackberry's efforts.
    KNOX existed long before BlackBerry had an Android phone.... only collaboration was Samsung helped BlackBerry make BES able to manage KNOX devices. Proable a moot point once they bought GOOD....

Anyway, it will be good to see more options for those that want a BlackBerry. Question will be which device will be readily available in a market near you.... and when.

TCL has two.
    Optiemus is suppose to have two.
    BB Merah Putih has been very quite, and don't think the did well with the Aurora... but they could release something.
    NTD licensed only Android Secure (so they won't be branded devices), so they could have something.
    Punkt also licensed Android Secure... but not sure if they will use it for their phone, or use it in some other devices..... but a maybe.

There could be six or seven BlackBerry "powered" phones "released" by the end of the year.... which is unheard of.
    W Hoa, IndianTiwari and tazcubed like this.
    04-26-18 07:24 AM

That is a great article . Thanks for posting it. As @conite has mentioned about two devices each from TCL and Optiemus any new device launch will be welcome addition to the strong line up of new devices.
    04-26-18 08:48 AM
    Waiting with bated breath, but quite frankly this rumor stuff is getting long in the tooth. I need to replace what I've got soon before I go nuts. Please, whoever is making these please do us all a favor and announce something already.
    What do you currently have and why do you need to replace it so urgently?
    04-26-18 09:31 AM
    hopefully, someone finally wake up to this fragmented BB new world nightmare. hardware with platform (similar components set) shared with many different handsets design make money easier than many different types of design that not using common components set..(like iphone format for example). If all those guys license BB software secure platform, they really should get together with centrolized hardware multiple platform with shared components. it would be (1) easy for software support, (2) access latest tech due to volume, (3) less impact if one handset didn't sell, you not going to stuck with useless components - it can be used for others (4) more flexible in logistic and may be benefitial for MFG capacity... But that almost like BB old hardware that Chen get rid of - in favour of one of each kind, classic, PP, Priv, none of them can share key components, not mention the nightmarish software update... IMHO. hopefully, good to see many handsets come out, not repeat the failure of early Chen's hardware implementation...
    04-26-18 10:48 AM
    hopefully, someone finally wake up to this fragmented BB new world nightmare. hardware with platform (similar components set) shared with many different handsets design make money easier than many different types of design that not using common components set..(like iphone format for example). If all those guys license BB software secure platform, they really should get together with centrolized hardware multiple platform with shared components. it would be (1) easy for software support, (2) access latest tech due to volume, (3) less impact if one handset didn't sell, you not going to stuck with useless components - it can be used for others (4) more flexible in logistic and may be benefitial for MFG capacity... But that almost like BB old hardware that Chen get rid of - in favour of one of each kind, classic, PP, Priv, none of them can share key components, not mention the nightmarish software update... IMHO. hopefully, good to see many handsets come out, not repeat the failure of early Chen's hardware implementation...
    That's up to the three licencees to decide what is in each of their best interests. If they see benefit in cooperating, they are free to do so.

Optiemus did sell the KEYᵒⁿᵉ btw.

The whole point of splitting out Indonesia and India is to be able to tailor the offerings for those unique markets.
    04-26-18 11:45 AM
    yeah the splitting of areas made sense since the brand has alot more value in indonesia and the needs there are different than the us (smaller phones!). but I do wonder if for some reason the hardware brand picks up due to nostalgia or security desires will the splintering be bad?
    04-26-18 12:45 PM
    Well the problem about being a licensee is keeping the brand value.
    Keyone was a BlackBerry designed product. Motion was not. Aurora was not. The problem is when the licensees were left alone they did not succeed in terms of design. So I am really wondering the next devices. Keeping the Blackberry DNA is hard.
    04-26-18 12:56 PM
    The problem is that when BlackBerry left the hardware business, the only way to avoid splintering would have been a single licensee that would only encouraged splintering if there was a competitive advantage.

BlackBerry allowed three licensees because that's how it successfully managed software licensing revenue for shareholders.

Hardware is no longer BlackBerry's concern.
    04-26-18 01:00 PM
    Hardware is no longer BlackBerry's concern.
    True for phones but BlackBerry designs, engineers and controls the build of its Radar tracking device.

In a side note, John Chen recently asked:

“You remember the 9900, the Bold?” Chen asks. “It fits right in your palm. I think somebody should make that.”

You don't make it too fancy and you don't make it too expensive, either.” “I'm making this up as I go: Let's say $199 or $150 a phone,” he added. “You could make it a very nice phone if you had very limited functionality, but it's highly secure.”

The interview was with recode and they did a poll:

BlackBerry just hinted that there will be a new wave of  phones coming-vote.jpg

https://www.recode.net/2018/4/16/172...decode-podcast
    Corbu and Nathan Conley like this.
    04-26-18 04:04 PM
    True for phones but BlackBerry designs, engineers and controls the build of its Radar tracking device.

In a side note, John Chen recently asked:

“You remember the 9900, the Bold?” Chen asks. “It fits right in your palm. I think somebody should make that.”

You don't make it too fancy and you don't make it too expensive, either.” “I'm making this up as I go: Let's say $199 or $150 a phone,” he added. “You could make it a very nice phone if you had very limited functionality, but it's highly secure.”

The interview was with recode and they did a poll:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vote.JPG 
Views:	368 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	435870

https://www.recode.net/2018/4/16/172...decode-podcast
    I saw that last week. BlackBerry will gladly license that OS whichever it may be if not BBAndroid then I suspect BB10 or BBOS. However, BlackBerry won't manufacture the hardware. Chen has been clear about offloading any hardware risk.
    04-26-18 04:10 PM
    At the last meet up, a BlackBerry person said there were 4 phones coming out this year.

I am dying to see them. Even more so since I am hoping my priv lasts but I don think it will 😯 ... can't always charge it.

and instead of winning a device from Super Fan League I won something else. And you can only win one thing.
    04-26-18 04:18 PM
86 123 ...