I liked my bag phone.

Posted via CB10
    I found mine in storage the other day. Lol

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 09:45 PM
    Let's see,,whats the difference.

Samsung makes money selling phones.
    Apple makes a ton of money selling phones.

BlackBerry doesn't. It's been for sale and fired 3/4s of its work force. It's stock tanked and it's a wild guess if they will continue making phones folks want.

I wonder why folks are a little bothered here and not there.

BlackBerry hates America!
    02-10-15 11:20 PM
    OK...I've been a member for about 2 years, mostly lurking with few posts. Now, I'm donning my flame suit and posing a question or two:
    Here goes...why does Crackberry have so many complainers? Is it the product or is it the culture that is nurtured here? Hint* I believe it's the latter.

If you look at iphone or android forums, you see very few posts of the "I hate this phone" nature.
    You don't see: "I didn't do my homework, had no idea if the phone would do what I wanted, but bought it anyway and now I want everyone to know how frustrated I am that my entry level phone doesn't have enough memory to manage 200 email accounts.
    You don't see: I bought this phone...paid full price only to find out that Android apps run slower than on my Android. Duh!
    Why would anyone buy a phone...especially a new one they have never used and complain after the fact that they liked their
    old phone better. OS7 users...BB10 has been out for two years. You don't need to be a search ninja to know that it does some things
    "differently" than the 9900 OS7.x phones. Do you really think they are going to change it just for you? Move on...get over it.

Back to original question: Is it the product? I don't think so...it's the idea that it should do what you want it to the way you want it to instead of the way it was made to do it. If you can't live without certain programs...BB probably won't make you happy. In fact, where did this idea that phones were a key to satisfaction in life come from? I think it's the culture nurtured here for complainers that doesn't seem to exist to anywhere near this extent on other brand forums. If that's what you value...so be it. I think it varies between silly to counterproductive. 10.3.1 will get here when it gets here...and guess what...it probably won't make you happy either.

Rant over.
    Interesting you say this, for almost a month now I've been tired and depressed coming to this page only to see the home page "Popular In The Forums" and "New In The Forums" with people left and right mad at BlackBerry. This is true, it's no wonder iPhones have their identity the way that when you walk past an Apple store (as much as I hate seeing 300 people in there).. makes me wonder why each and every day here on Crackberry, people feel less than impressed with BlackBerry or simply the device they have in their hands.

Sure Apple and Android users always have a phone every 6 months, and what do people here on CrackBerry do? We jump on them for having way too many options and not sticking to one phone. We might think we are loyal just because we've kept our old Z10 or Bold 9900, yeah it's been 1 year and 2 months for my Z30, I contemplated getting the Passport but guess what? It's not for me. If I wanted a camera I would go out and buy one, I would more than likely, in my off time go out and take photo's. Sure I'd love to snap something on my camera phone but as much as I am into photography I would have to make a serious investment for a real camera and not some phone doing only half the job. Sony phone? No thank you, not interested.

Here it is, 10 years ago I don't believe any of us would have complained to the ends of the Earth for BlackBerry not having a device out every 6 months, or having software updates to the OS rolled out in a timely manner. I thought to myself late last night, how incredible and efficient BlackBerry used to be. All people ever did was send messages and e-mails to one another for the sake of priority, point A to point B. But now.. now I come here everyday, sometimes I don't even bother hitting this page. I made CrackBerry my main internet page because it gave me insight into my day. But my gosh, I've been so depressed with how everyone feels let down by a company they've stood beside while claiming they want nothing more than to see it succeed. So what is it then? It BlackBerry not good enough for you? I look at my Z30 and feel I have no need to want anything special added to it.

If BlackBerry does make changes for 10.3 then great, whatever they do for business is what I'll live with, why? Because I chose to buy a BlackBerry knowing what I expect of them. A phone is a phone... yeah I can access the internet, I can create notes on a whim, I can write lyrics to a song in a word doc. BlackBerry doesn't have a banner that says "Everything you've come to expect in a Phone". No.. expectations are constantly changing, not only "US".. but for the company and the developers who make BlackBerry function. I'm sure they've got road-maps that will change and ideas that will come and go, but this negative feedback that constantly justifies absolutely nothing, needs to become a positive change.

The forums need to be positive and negative, but CrackBerry seems to generate more negative tolerance for users while positive thoughts are a million miles away. How can we have such a community and yet the products we berate as in Apple and Android, we never hear anything negative from our friends or even on their boards? If BlackBerry was a leader before these two ships sailed along and now much ahead of us, how do you expect BlackBerry to turn around when in a place such as this, where creators, inventors and executives more than likely feel that they are not doing enough for "EACH INDIVIDUAL". It's great that we now have the PassPort, the Classic and the Z30, different devices for different types of people. I think asking which device suits your needs is great, but asking others and then rejecting their opinion is a 360. Unless you really want to know for yourself, maybe grab the device and see if it feels right. I went to many Telus stores here in Toronto to justify getting the Passport, every other day I'll call Telus and ask them about upcoming plans. The girl told me on Sunday if I upgrade to the PassPort I'll lose my grand-father plan because of the new contract changes, but also, the PassPort warrants a new $70 base tag. I love my $50 a month package, if BlackBerry can't offer me something down the line, okay no problem. I'll keep what I have until I have a need to change devices. If legacy users can hold onto their devices after so long, why can't we do the same now with something like the Z10 or Z30 or Q10?

If people are not upgrading from the legacy devices to the BB 10 devices, is it necessary for anyone to shift from a current BB10 to another? Oh but wait, it hasn't been upgraded with new software. But it does get the job done. If I really wanted to play games I would much rather play my X-Box 360 or my Nintendo 3DS. Now THAT'S GAMING! Why should everything be at our finger-tips? Because we are impatient? I'm not part of the Millennial generation, I'm closing in on 32 in a few weeks and am reminded of the days when "pagers" played a vital role.

It's incredible how we can be the legs, the heart, the soul, the beat, the arms and the voice of this company by sustaining it in buying its devices; yet we can be the knife to cut the artery into pieces without feeling a single shred of blame for not knowing what the heck we just operated on by getting a BlackBerry and then saying, "what is this?!"... "this isn't a BlackBerry, it's a piece of @#$% device is what it is..." well you only have yourself to blame. You want an Apple product that provides services that BlackBerry does not? Go ahead, buy an iPhone. How about an Android device, your PS4 or XBOX 360 or XBOX One not good enough? Fine... BlackBerry doesn't provide half the stuff Androids do, but you're certainly more than welcome to tell Apple and Android users how horrible and despicable their devices are on their forums while cementing BlackBerry to be nothing compared to them.
    02-11-15 12:58 AM
    OK...I've been a member for about 2 years, mostly lurking with few posts. Now, I'm donning my flame suit and posing a question or two:
    Here goes...why does Crackberry have so many complainers? Is it the product or is it the culture that is nurtured here? Hint* I believe it's the latter.

If you look at iphone or android forums, you see very few posts of the "I hate this phone" nature.
    You don't see: "I didn't do my homework, had no idea if the phone would do what I wanted, but bought it anyway and now I want everyone to know how frustrated I am that my entry level phone doesn't have enough memory to manage 200 email accounts.
    You don't see: I bought this phone...paid full price only to find out that Android apps run slower than on my Android. Duh!
    Why would anyone buy a phone...especially a new one they have never used and complain after the fact that they liked their
    old phone better. OS7 users...BB10 has been out for two years. You don't need to be a search ninja to know that it does some things
    "differently" than the 9900 OS7.x phones. Do you really think they are going to change it just for you? Move on...get over it.

Back to original question: Is it the product? I don't think so...it's the idea that it should do what you want it to the way you want it to instead of the way it was made to do it. If you can't live without certain programs...BB probably won't make you happy. In fact, where did this idea that phones were a key to satisfaction in life come from? I think it's the culture nurtured here for complainers that doesn't seem to exist to anywhere near this extent on other brand forums. If that's what you value...so be it. I think it varies between silly to counterproductive. 10.3.1 will get here when it gets here...and guess what...it probably won't make you happy either.

Rant over.
    It also depends on the country the people is from, for example, in Mexico the Z10 is priced at about 800 usd, VERY expensive for what you receive upon, considering it is an almost 2 year old phone.
    02-11-15 01:00 AM
    I liked my bag phone.

Posted via CB10
    LOL I don't remember anyone going on a rant about a bag phone or calling you stupid because your phone bag didn't have the same features and wasn't as big as their phone bag...
    shaleem likes this.
    02-11-15 01:16 AM
    It also depends on the country the people is from, for example, in Mexico the Z10 is priced at about 800 usd, VERY expensive for what you receive upon, considering it is an almost 2 year old phone.
    There is some truth to what you say about the country people are from, but I am not certain you have the right reason. Sometimes it seems as if most of the ranting and raging comes from the country where people often pay much less than others...
    02-11-15 01:22 AM
    Nothing gets a reaction like the word "PLAYBOOK". lol.
    JeepBB, Cynycl, shaleem and 3 others like this.
    02-11-15 03:50 AM
    Come to think of it. I haven't seen one of those, "I'm leaving BB", posts for a while. Miss those. Just saying.
    02-11-15 03:58 AM
    at one time, apple is dying...then came steve job introduced 'i' range of products, and now apple market capitalism is $700b...
    blackberry need someone that can do similar things.... maybe john chen? maybe....
    only time will tell....

posted with authority via my amazing passport
    02-11-15 07:08 AM
    at one time, apple is dying...then came steve job introduced 'i' range of products, and now apple market capitalism is $700b...
    blackberry need someone that can do similar things.... maybe john chen? maybe....
    only time will tell....

posted with authority via my amazing passport
    Someone always has to bring this up like no one knows this.

Sigh....

02-11-15 07:32 AM
    Someone always has to bring this up like no one knows this.

Sigh....

It's because it's a touchstone to many in here. If one dying company can not only recover, but recover to become Top of the World (Ma)... Then so can BlackBerry.

The reality of course is that most dying companies, erm... Die.
    02-11-15 08:41 AM
    Bored posters are fractious posters. Back during Apple's dark days the Mac forums were way nastier than here.

IMO BBRY isn't doing a lot that can be discussed at the moment so posters tend to navel gaze, pick scabs, whatever to fill in the void. Don't add to the negative if it bothers you or start an interesting, positive, and above all relevant topic - no more of those inane "this article about fracking/super glue/convection heating is cool, BlackBerry should do this!" That definitely starts fights.
    02-11-15 09:09 AM
    You got trolls and frustrated die hard who can't understand why anyone would choose a less versatile phone.
    Complaining is the only thing they can do and the Trolls are just being trolls.

I have not been to an android forum and iPhone forum to be little them or their choice but the reverse seems to happen a lot.
    02-11-15 09:17 AM
    I think this discussion has failed to distinguish between constructive and destructive criticism. BB10 is missing some basic features (still) and sometimes the criticism is warranted. There's a good thread here somewhere with feature requests for 10.3.2. That's criticism turned to good use. BlackBerry should be reading over the list to see which issues can be addressed. The rest, as others have said, is just the nature of the internet. The level of discussion on most sites is so low and negative that there's a greasemonkey script for Firefox that turns off all comments. I confess to using it when I read the National Post.
    TGR1 and shaleem like this.
    02-11-15 09:39 AM
    I think it is the brand, I LOVE BB, but it can be very frustration at times. I have a crappy $29. unsupported 4 year old Blueray DVD player that runs Netflix, and runs it well, why not on my $550. top of the line all touch smartphone. Will it run the android app yes, smoothly too. Is it BB or Netflix to blame? Who cares in the end it just frustrates me. OS updates take way too long is it BB or carrier? Who cares again it is just frustrating. Always the waiting with BB, have you ever heard a BB announcement followed by the words "you can get it now here." You can now buy unlocked phones on shopblackberry.com but not for every carrier or every country, why? Who ....well you get it by now right. Over a year delay for BB10/ no BB10 support for Playbook etc.
    Now all that being said, I try to keep positive on here because this place is a good resource for information and friendly banter, and general fun at times (BBM challange), if it wasn't a overall positive place I would stop coming. I try to keep my rants to a minimum and help others as I was helped before. Some of the negativity on here are trolls, what they get out of it I have no idea. thats my $0.02
    02-11-15 09:59 AM
    Can you imagine how boring this site would be if everybody said nothing but praise for the same things over and over again? Just like the BB10 Hub, a volatile/debatable Crackberry site is one of the main reasons I have been staying with BB!
    02-11-15 10:46 AM
    I think for some of us, we remember the good ol' days of bbry. Where things worked well and we had the king product. When bb10 showed up, it was long overdue and came half baked, especially for legacy users. More focus was put on racing games than productivity. We legacy users screamed at the time and were told to get with the times... Well, look where the focus has now gone; back to the corporate sector. These sorts of things mixed with delays, unfulfilled promises, and misdirection; ads showing products and features which not only didn't exist but were wildly unrepresentative of the actual product (I'm talking about the PlayBrick here). Loyal users became tired. There was little room for patience in the Thor-era-of-bad-calls and flying off the handle was the first reaction. Last week I moved on. After being a decade-long bbry user, I spent my money elsewhere. Bb10 has come a long way but has a long way to go. Bbry went from a tool to a swiss army knife. When they're back to being a tool, I will be back as well. In the game of multi-tools, bbry is no Gerber.
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-11-15 11:57 AM
    I like BlackBerry's products. I have been using them since 2008. That said, BlackBerry the company, and how they handle and treat customers leaves a lot to be desired, and this is why BlackBerry has such a negative public view. While other smartphone companies want to please the end user, BlackBerry always wanted to please the CIO of a company, and viewed them as the end user. Worked until BYOD and the end users screamed for more capable devices as they detested their work issued, locked down BlackBerry devices. BlackBerry shoots itself in the foot repeatedly with statements that basically state that consumers are not their market, and devs should develop on Android and submit to Amazon, all while us BB10 users have to deal with the consequences of those moronic statements. BlackBerry needs to accept that the person using the device is the most important person to keep happy, and the rest will fall into place. Unfortunately Chen resume has him working with businesses as customers, not actual people as customers. Could work out for BlackBerry as a company, but won't work out for users of BlackBerry handheld devices IMHO.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 02:52 PM
    I think this discussion has failed to distinguish between constructive and destructive criticism. BB10 is missing some basic features (still) and sometimes the criticism is warranted. There's a good thread here somewhere with feature requests for 10.3.2. That's criticism turned to good use. BlackBerry should be reading over the list to see which issues can be addressed. The rest, as others have said, is just the nature of the internet. The level of discussion on most sites is so low and negative that there's a greasemonkey script for Firefox that turns off all comments. I confess to using it when I read the National Post.
    Thanks for pointing that out. :-D

When voicing criticism, it's all in the wording. You can say what you want to say, make sure it's written in a helpful and meaningful way, and sure someone at BBRY is more likely to pick it up and run with it. Not the same old grumpy rant over and over...

�   Telstra + Classic, Optus + PP, AT&T + PP , Verizon + Classic... why the mix, Mr. Fix?   �
    02-11-15 04:15 PM
    Can you imagine how boring this site would be if everybody said nothing but praise for the same things over and over again? Just like the BB10 Hub, a volatile/debatable Crackberry site is one of the main reasons I have been staying with BB!
    Agreed. But it's all in the wording. Keep it civil :-D

�   Telstra + Classic, Optus + PP, AT&T + PP , Verizon + Classic... why the mix, Mr. Fix?   �
    02-11-15 04:16 PM
    I think it's a combination of a few factors, mainly the different types of people we have in our community. See, BlackBerry has recently transitioned from an old, outdated, dyeing platform (BBOS) and this has created three distinct types of posters. There are still people in this community that prefer the old OS, you could call these people the Fudds. Then there are people in the community that will blindly follow BlackBerry to the edges of the world, we will call these the Fanbois. Finally, we have members of the community that are sick and tired of the Fudds and the Fanbois, the Disgruntled you could say.

You putt the Fudd, the Fanboi, and the Disgruntled all into the same room together and you have Crackberry you see. All the Fudd talks about is how great his old Bold 9900 was and how much better his email was when it was in separate folders. All the Fanboi does is post about how they "don't have this problem." And, finally, the Disgruntled can't help themselves and tells everyone how wrong they are in some crazy rant. This generally stifles any sort of productive discussion.

You forget the guys that came here to help out, share news & tricks, and have the odd laugh (not necessarily at others' expense)...

I'd call myself a helpful friendly jester, who likes his BlackBerry and wants "them" to succeed. That's all... :-)

Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-11-15 04:31 PM
    You forget the guys that came here to help out, share news & tricks, and have the odd laugh (not necessarily at others' expense)...

I'd call myself a helpful friendly jester, who likes his BlackBerry and wants "them" to succeed. That's all... :-)
    I left out the good guys altogether, but they weren't forgotten... I did forget the iPhone guys.
    02-11-15 05:26 PM
    I think for some of us, we remember the good ol' days of bbry. Where things worked well and we had the king product. When bb10 showed up, it was long overdue and came half baked, especially for legacy users. More focus was put on racing games than productivity. We legacy users screamed at the time and were told to get with the times... Well, look where the focus has now gone; back to the corporate sector. These sorts of things mixed with delays, unfulfilled promises, and misdirection; ads showing products and features which not only didn't exist but were wildly unrepresentative of the actual product (I'm talking about the PlayBrick here). Loyal users became tired. There was little room for patience in the Thor-era-of-bad-calls and flying off the handle was the first reaction. Last week I moved on. After being a decade-long bbry user, I spent my money elsewhere. Bb10 has come a long way but has a long way to go. Bbry went from a tool to a swiss army knife. When they're back to being a tool, I will be back as well. In the game of multi-tools, bbry is no Gerber.
    What is it that your new phone will do that a BlackBerry can not do. How is your new phone a tool and not another swiss army knife?
    02-11-15 07:42 PM
    What is it that your new phone will do that a BlackBerry can not do. How is your new phone a tool and not another swiss army knife?
    I'm a fair bit confused as it sounds like you view swiss army knives as a bad thing... I have a small keychain Swiss Army Knife and, let me tell you, it comes in extremely handy sometimes! Sure, it doesn't function as well as a normal screwdriver, but when I don't have access to a normal screwdriver, the SA knife comes to the rescue! (It even has a pen and a 16GB USB - true story!)

I feel the same about my BlackBerry. I can't actually reply to emails faster on my Passport than I can on my laptop; same goes for browsing the internet. I could buy a digital camera that takes much better photos, even though I take some pretty stellar shots with this thing. I have more fun gaming on our Wii. There is something joyous, though, about making do with a 'swiss army knife' that can't be compared to using the original tools that the knife can replicate. I can carry around only my BlackBerry, and there is not much that it cannot do that I feel the lack or need for another piece of technology. To me, that is a beautiful thing.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    4justis likes this.
    02-11-15 08:22 PM

You are appreciated, Mr Prem. The world needs more of your blood type.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    Laura Knotek and Prem WatsApp like this.
    02-11-15 08:25 PM
152 1234 ...