12-15-13 11:29 PM
48 12
tools
    It's unfortunate but I came to realize that there will be absolutely no way for BlackBerry to compete with mass media marketing with the like of Samsung around. Sams
    Last edited by jason9900; 10-26-14 at 02:50 AM.
    12-13-13 08:28 PM
    It is sad that fans come up with better marketing...

BlackBerry just can't compete with Samsung marketing-buaj6hxiyaark5x.png
    BlackBerry just can't compete with Samsung marketing-brock-obama-brock-barack-obama-pokemon-president-demotivational-poster-1239328935.jpg

BlackBerry just can't compete with Samsung marketing-1386053961315.jpg
    BlackBerry just can't compete with Samsung marketing-237773479.png

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 08:36 PM
    Not to mention they have gems like this..
    BlackBerry just can't compete with Samsung marketing-samsungad.jpg

Posted via CB10
    Warlack and bekkay like this.
    12-13-13 08:36 PM
    Of course BlackBerry wouldn't be able to compete with Samsung.
    Samsung spent at least the same amount of money that BlackBerry have in cash (total cash) for promotions yearly.

To compete with Samsung's money is just ridiculous. And their range of devices justify their spending because it covers all range of price needed to cover all the people needs.
    12-13-13 08:40 PM
    Of course BlackBerry wouldn't be able to compete with Samsung.
    Samsung spent at least the same amount of money that BlackBerry have in cash (total cash) for promotions yearly.

To compete with Samsung's money is just ridiculous. And their range of devices justify their spending because it covers all range of price needed to cover all the people needs.
    doesn't cover my needs.... but my Z does
    12-13-13 08:44 PM
    As your Avatar shows.... you are a highly analytical cat that will not get fooled by marketing.

Today I found an amazing piece of Marketing Bull deeply buried in some marketing pdf..... when I showed it too my colleagues, we said that we can do what Marketing is promising our clients, however the reality is completely off.....
    Technically they are telling the truth, real life however is waaaay off the mark...

*laser pointer used in floor next to you* :evil:
    Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 08:52 PM
    Honestly though it is becoming a monopoly for Samsung. They have got so much money now I don't see how BlackBerry can compete in the consumer space anymore.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 08:52 PM
    I'm sorry to say that if people just realizing that BlackBerry have a smidgen of a chance of completing with Samsung's marketing, it is time to wake up from deep sleep. Right now, BlackBerry is still fighting to stay alive. To compare BlackBerry with Samsung is no contest. Let's just hope makes the right moves with decent marketing to re-establish themselves to the masses and then we can discuss real competition. Hopefully BlackBerry succeeds.

Sent from the best touch keyboard, the Z.
    Warlack and Henraay0623 like this.
    12-13-13 09:19 PM
    The underlying problem I'm guessing exists is that after seeing BlackBerry's ads I have to conclude they have no one under the age of 30 or maybe 40? in their marketing department or whoever has final say in that regard .. the fan made ads are better, much better. BlackBerry decision makers are dinosaurs and going the way of extinction. The competition is so great now, the only thing they have going is the loyal fan base.

Posted via CB10
    3hb78ftg likes this.
    12-13-13 10:24 PM
    Right now they mainly need to keep making a good product and tighten their belts.

With all the doom and gloom over the last couple of years, people seem to be losing sight of the fact that once most people get their hands on one of the new BB10 devices, they're impressed. Very impressed. That being impressed means they will show their friends and talk about it. That's the marketing BlackBerry needs right now.

It's been said over and over. BlackBerry's recovery is going to take awhile. They need to show they can consistently make good products, which they're on the road to doing.

It's really too bad so many thought that it was going to happen in a few months.

Visit Geek Lite
    RTK90 likes this.
    12-14-13 02:35 AM
    I read somewhere that Samsung plans to spend 11 billion dollars for 2014 marketing. That's a lot of course but I also think BlackBerry has enough cash for marketing on current level.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 02:53 AM
    I read somewhere that Samsung plans to spend 11 billion dollars for 2014 marketing. That's a lot of course but I also think BlackBerry has enough cash for marketing on current level.

The figure I read today was $14 Billion dollars in 2014 advertising spend alone for Samsung.

Blackberry's entire corporate revenue the last 2 quarters was $4.5 Billion, $3 B of that in Q2, $1.6B of that in Q3.

You figure it out.

This is why the dumbos here who continuously gripe about how Blackberry advertising is so poor, haven't a clue what the competitive landscape looks like in cold hard numbers.

Samsung, Google and Apple are some of the wealthiest corporations in history.
    12-14-13 03:08 AM
    I just want BlackBerry to continue by running as a premium firm with all services smooth and like two well thought devices per year.

Just cut down bleeding areas and venture in profitable areas. Some fine ads with a mind changing message and better security.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 03:19 AM
    The Experia is a nice phone. Good choice.
    12-14-13 03:51 AM
    The Experia is a nice phone. Good choice.

You just love to stir the pot, dontcha.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    12-14-13 04:44 AM
    The figure I read today was $14 Billion dollars in 2014 advertising spend alone for Samsung.

Blackberry's entire corporate revenue the last 2 quarters was $4.5 Billion, $3 B of that in Q2, $1.6B of that in Q3.

You figure it out.

This is why the dumbos here who continuously gripe about how Blackberry advertising is so poor, haven't a clue what the competitive landscape looks like in cold hard numbers.

Samsung, Google and Apple are some of the wealthiest corporations in history.
    It's not that BlackBerry advertising is poor. I would say that it's more nonexistent and as mentioned earlier, it doesn't reach the younger market/ the in-crowd.

The people that BlackBerry marketing needs to reach are the ones who don't give a damn about security and/or government certifications. The majority of the millions upon millions of users only want to play or chat with their phones rather than use it work work because in case BlackBerry hasn't figured it out yet...these users are kids.

CrackBerry...where Stupid People fight about Smart Phones.
    12-14-13 06:18 AM
    But I'm guessing that would also include advertising their range of Whitegoods and all the other products also though wouldn't it?
    Sounds utterly daunting to think that it's just phones.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 06:33 AM
    Sorry to break it to you, but outside of apple, NOBODY can compete with Samsung. Not Blackberry, not HTC, not even LG.

Do some research, you will see that HTC and LG sales tanked majorly. Its not just Blackberry that is taking the beatings.

Look at the big picture.
    12-14-13 06:43 AM
    Sorry to break it to you, but outside of apple, NOBODY can compete with Samsung. Not Blackberry, not HTC, not even LG.

Do some research, you will see that HTC and LG sales tanked majorly. Its not just Blackberry that is taking the beatings.

I've said the same thing here many times.

Samsung makes more profit on smartphones than the next EIGHT TO TEN COMPETITORS COMBINED.

They are also a nearly vertically-integrated company on the hardware side. One of the largest makers of SoC's used in smartphones, the largest RAM manufacturer in the world, the #1 or #2 flat panel display manufacturer, etc etc.

The chances are extremely large that your smartphone has Samsung components in it, whether or not it says "Samsung" on the outside.

That includes BlackBerries and iPhones.
    12-14-13 08:28 AM
    The chances are extremely large that your smartphone has Samsung components in it, whether or not it says "Samsung" on the outside.
    Not just smartphones, I repair vacuum cleaners for a living, and much to my surprise, I took apart a new model Eureka brand central vac with electronic controls for the motor. Inside I find a massive chip stamped SAMSUNG.

Holy crap, a friggin vacuum cleaner? Samsung has the market locked.
    12-14-13 08:35 AM
    Samsung is a giant. BlackBerry cannot compete with their marketing and I don't really think they should be trying to. BlackBerry just needs to release higher quality advertisements and commercials. They just need higher quality marketing period. This has been known for years.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-14-13 08:44 AM
    You are right. BlackBerry cannot match Samsung marketing. But what BlackBerry can do, which I have not yet seen them doing is to market the cool features of their devices like time shift, BBM video with screen share, the hub, the predictive keyboard, etc.

BlackBerry does at not need to out market Samsung. They need to market their device to generate enough buzz and interest in order to transfer into the necessary sales to return a profit. Unfortunately from what I have been observing, they don't seem to be trying.

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy Note Tablet
    12-14-13 08:57 AM
    You are right. BlackBerry cannot match Samsung marketing. But what BlackBerry can do, which I have not yet seen them doing is to market the cool features of their devices like time shift, BBM video with screen share, the hub, the predictive keyboard, etc.

BlackBerry does at not need to out market Samsung. They need to market their device to generate enough buzz and interest in order to transfer into the necessary sales to return a profit. Unfortunately from what I have been observing, they don't seem to be trying.

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy Note Tablet
    I've seen commercials showing all of that.
    12-14-13 09:32 AM
    Samsung is a giant. BlackBerry cannot compete with their marketing and I don't really think they should be trying to. BlackBerry just needs to release higher quality advertisements and commercials. They just need higher quality marketing period. This has been known for years.
    Actually with QNX being a part of BlackBerry, I believe BlackBerry can compete with Samsung. QNX is used in most Samsung products except for washing machines and refrigerators.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 12:08 PM
    Actually with QNX being a part of BlackBerry, I believe BlackBerry can compete with Samsung. QNX is used in most Samsung products except for washing machines and refrigerators.

Posted via CB10
    I think you need to check the numbers again. Samsung spends more money on marketing than BB and QNX bank accounts put together and then some (some is putting it lightly).

We are talking about marketing here. An overwhelming majority (probably 95%+) of the population has no clue what QNX is or is used for.
    TgeekB likes this.
    12-14-13 12:19 PM
48 12