From all the exciting buzz from last weeks events at BBW12, everything sounds stupendous. As most im very excited about the release of BB10. Everything looks like its on track to be a very exciting OS/Platform and a total game changer.

Just wish they did give us some solid insight on hardware to be used on the release unit. Mostly the all important Battery specs. What good is "Wake up" if we have to "Charge up" all the time!

So lets hope they really have this covered so we can get back to "getting things done!" And give it some Long lasting "BLACKBERRY JUICE"

Morty2264 likes this.
    05-07-12 06:46 AM
    BlackBerry Juice baby!!

I don't think RIM will "intentionally" provide any specs on the device until they are closer to launch. Of course, that doesn't mean we won't see some rumored specs hit the net sooner. I'm sure that's just a matter of time.

I definitely think BlackBerry *knows* they need to deliver a solid day of battery life with their devices. They can't build a great phone, then have complaints of not enough battery life.

In his session with the press, RIM's CEO Thorsten Hiens did mention battery life briefly as one of those traits that RIM puts value into.

So whatever the specs, I'm expecting RIM will deliver. Fingers crossed in the meantime.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    05-07-12 07:02 AM
    "Fingers crossed" Kevin! You don't sound that confident!

Sent from my old faithful BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    05-07-12 07:09 AM
    I think battery life will be one of the most important factors on whether it will be a success. It has to be better than Android while providing a similar experience. I currently have a SGS II and can get through a day. If I can have a BB experience and easily get through a day, I may be back. Keeping fingers crossed.
    05-07-12 07:13 AM
    bb10 has captured our minds but the battery life is the ultimate succeed!

RIM cmon let's rock and roll this!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 on 7.1.0.342 with Tapatalk and my fingers
    05-07-12 07:18 AM
    The 9900 battery life issue must not happen again.
    05-07-12 07:32 AM
    Especially in hardware, everything is a trade off. This is best expressed by mountain bike riders; you can have it cheap, light and strong, pick any two.

So, if RIM finds it can't deliver running 5 apps at the same time and 10 hours of battery life, what should they do? You can have it convenient, fast and long-lived, pick any two. As for me, give me the choice. If I'm willing to slow down the CPU for long battery life, let me.
    05-07-12 07:36 AM
    Thanks for this insight! You Kevin are a "fountain of knowledge!!!!!!!!!!!"
    05-07-12 07:37 AM
    A good pointer might be the battery life on the Device Alpha Devices. Some of those who have them here might enlighten us.
    Kevin you would have been playing with a Dev Alpha. What's your first opinion on the battery?
    05-07-12 09:03 AM
    A good pointer might be the battery life on the Device Alpha Devices. Some of those who have them here might enlighten us.
    Kevin you would have been playing with a Dev Alpha. What's your first opinion on the battery?
    The Dev Alpha probably isn't a good indicator at all since it really doesn't have anything running on it as a stripped down, bare bones OS.
    05-07-12 09:09 AM
    From some other posts I've seen on the forum, developers say the Dev Alpha battery sucks.
    But that's because it's basically made to be plugged into a computer all day for app developing. I think I read it lasts maybe 30 minutes to an hour off the charger.
    05-07-12 11:07 AM
    The 9900 battery life issue must not happen again.
    If it happens with the BB10 smartphones, I say riot in Waterloo and bring matches, kerosene, torches, and bails of very dry straw. Oh, don't forget the rope.
    05-07-12 11:19 AM
    I think that if a representative of RIM stated that battery life is an important feature to them, that BB10 might revolve around those values.
    05-07-12 01:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD