Recently BlackBerry have been getting a lot of bad new lawsuits, rogers T-Mobile etc. Everyone is talking about take overs and company begin sold but if u look at the other stuff it seems weird:- new apps coming in rapidly, that new screen trick where u turn the phone on a tables and she a projections of the screen, BBM on pc(only with bb10 phones) new features and all these updates....i believe BlackBerry will either go private or have a partnership with company's like Intel or cisco. one thing would be to change the name or there can even use both companies for example. You would have BlackBerry phones qnx phones and cisco or Intel's own brand on bb10. What do u guys think

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 10:15 PM
    No

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 10:17 PM
    Maybe, it depends on how it turns out.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 10:18 PM
    It's possible but it can easily go the other way. No need to speculate right now

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 10:25 PM
    Will find out after all the law suits are sorted out! Just sayin

Q10 10.2.0.1725 thanks BL Team
    10-04-13 10:28 PM
    Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 10:37 PM
    I am holding positive and firm on BlackBerrys future; I would love to see BlackBerry partner with a good strong co for the benefit of both to create a strong partnership..!

For example a page out of Sony's history;
    " When we formed the joint venture, thereby combining Sony's consumer products knowledge with Ericsson's telecommunication technology expertise, it was a perfect match to drive the development of feature phones. Today we take an equally logical step as Sony acquires our stake in Sony Ericsson and makes it a part of its broad range of consumer devices. We will now enhance our focus on enabling connectivity for all devices, using our R&D and industry leading patent portfolio to realize a truly connected world" said Hans Vestberg, President and CEO of Ericsson.

When Sony Ericsson started its operations on October 1, 2001, it combined the unprofitable handset operations from Ericsson and Sony. Following a successful turnaround the company has become a market leader in the development of feature phones by integrating Sony's strong consumer products knowledge and Ericsson's telecommunications technology leadership. The WalkmanTM phone and Cyber-shotTM phone are well known examples.
    10-04-13 10:46 PM
    A deal like that would be perfect for BlackBerry get with another big name keep bb10 update os and better hardware and we are as good as gold

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 11:31 PM
    "BlackBerry isn't going anywhere"
    This is the problem.
    richardat, JeepBB and TgeekB like this.
    10-05-13 12:05 AM
    This is the problem.
    I disagree there. BlackBerry 10 is miles from where os7 died off. I have a hard time with saying blackberry never went anywhere

They managed to get a lot of major apps on board, built for BlackBerry 10, and more visible than ever. They did more in 6 months than they did in the last 3 years. Lets not forget about finally adopting an OS methodology that truly can take advantage of hardware.

The problem isn't blackberry not doing anything. It's timing and bad blood with old customers.

Posted via CB from my LE
    richardat, eddy_berry and jupiter8 like this.
    10-05-13 12:51 AM
    hahaha what major apps did they get???? haha
    10-05-13 12:57 AM
    Recently BlackBerry have been getting a lot of bad new lawsuits, rogers T-Mobile etc. Everyone is talking about take overs and company begin sold but if u look at the other stuff it seems weird:- new apps coming in rapidly, that new screen trick where u turn the phone on a tables and she a projections of the screen, BBM on pc(only with bb10 phones) new features and all these updates....i believe BlackBerry will either go private or have a partnership with company's like Intel or cisco. one thing would be to change the name or there can even use both companies for example. You would have BlackBerry phones qnx phones and cisco or Intel's own brand on bb10. What do u guys think

Posted via CB10
    I have a spare $50K lying around. I was planning on betting it all on red at Vegas. But after reading your post, I think I will go long on BBRY stock. Thanks!
    richardat, JeepBB and kevinnugent like this.
    10-05-13 02:41 AM
    I disagree there. BlackBerry 10 is miles from where os7 died off. I have a hard time with saying blackberry never went anywhere

They managed to get a lot of major apps on board, built for BlackBerry 10, and more visible than ever. They did more in 6 months than they did in the last 3 years. Lets not forget about finally adopting an OS methodology that truly can take advantage of hardware.

The problem isn't blackberry not doing anything. It's timing and bad blood with old customers.

Posted via CB from my LE
    Depends how you look at it. I agree, getting out a major OS is no small feat! (though...it's less impressive with all the delays!) Apps? Yeah....they made something...problem is, it was well short of "enough". I do think the problem(s) were far more than "timing and bad blood", but that's another discussion.

So, I agree with you, that they did a lot in getting BB10 out....but where sinsin is bang-on is that, BB10 went absolutely nowhere. Essentially DOA. No momentum, no traction in any area. In the end....it looks to have sold less than 4 million in much of a year. So....in terms of getting some code out, BB did a lot. In terms of selling phones, BB went nowhere, and in terms of selling future phones, they also aren't going anywhere.

PS. Sinsin, your simple, but unexpected line, made me chortle more than nearly any post I recall recently. Excellent minimalist barb good sir.
    10-05-13 03:02 AM
    If they keep not selling devices at the rate they are not selling today, they most certainly are going somewhere, and you won't like it.

They have no strategy. They have no marketing. They have some cash (mentioning that so the no debt lots of cash everything is good crowd doesn't have to).

Yes, they are going somewhere, but no one here knows where they are going - and no one at BlackBerry has a clue either.
    TgeekB likes this.
    10-05-13 07:10 AM