Full steam ahead? Off a cliff maybe

One thing is nice, I am hoping to score a q10 off contract for 200!! Great firesale deal
    Yea, I feel a bit stupid being an early adopter. I probably could have gotten a Note 3 and a Q10 if I had waited. But I paid full price for the Q10 and don't want to pay that much more for a Note 3 as an additional phone. Oh well.
    09-21-13 06:07 PM
    Well, Apple was in the same situation as BlackBerry is now, and after they got leaner and focused on innovation and marketing, they rose from the dead. BlackBerry's just getting leaner, and BlackBerry 10 is certainly an innovation, the only thing that is missing is marketing, good marketing. And probably some good leadership. Just my two cents.

STL100-1/10.1.0.4181/Smart

They have said they are backing away from the consumer market. Apple is the exception rather than the rule among tech companies in that they came back. I don't see an iPod or original iPhone level of innovation in terms of a new product coming from BB.
    09-21-13 06:09 PM
    getting those unsold Z10s into peoples hands and into usage will have an impact on developers. There is a critical mass point where developers will need to jump on. Might be worth giving them away to have more 10s on cellular networks and using data.

They need to adjust price to get the volume and get expenses.

Anything to get the # BB10 users up and total BB users up.

MY contract is up and my debate now is Z10 now or wait for Z30
    They are already free on contract. How much cheaper can they drop? You mean outright? I can get a new one now for $299. Maybe it's like the HP Slate. Great product. $99 fire sale.
    09-21-13 06:17 PM
    I'll switch to other platforms when BlackBerry is actually "dead", BBM and other apps are unusable, etc. but as long as BlackBerry is still operational and caters to my needs, there's no actual reason for me to switch.

STL100-1/10.1.0.4181/Smart
    09-21-13 11:30 PM
    If you sent me an Android or iPhone, I'd sell it and use the money to buy a Z30. And a new rapid charger for my phones, because mine just died the other day after two and half years.

BlackBerry isn't dead, they're going to be a lot smaller and lighter which will hopefully allow them to run faster, or easier for a big company to scoop up in their arms and carry back to better times.
    Sean, I like you attitude, and I agree; BlackBerry has a very good product and the 10 OS is amazing, which is built on the QNX OS.

For those who do not know BlackBerry owns QNX.

I think that more people need to take a look at the QNX OS, here are a few tid bits.
    QNX provides the "embedded systems" behind rail trains, nuclear power plants, and medical devices. It turns out they also build the "infotainment" systems (including the UI, Navigation, Bluetooth connectivity, etc.) for over 20 million cars worldwide. Their customersinclude Acura, BMW, Audi, and believe it or not, Samsung. With its reliable characteristics, QNX software has been a preferred choice for life-critical systems such as air traffic control systems, surgical equipment, and nuclear power plants. QNX has powerful multimedia features.

I have had my Z10 since the AT&T release in the US and I have not had any trouble out of it. The back cover has not been off, no need for a battery pull or reset.

And for the Z30, I wont one, it has many great features, one the enlarged antania for better reception, big battery, Some times I can get 24 hours use from my Z10 battery, (mixed use), I can Imagen what I would get with a Z30. And I think with the QNX OS it does not need some of the specs that some of the other platforms need, I think it is more efficient.
    Last edited by robhenry24; 09-21-13 at 11:53 PM.
    09-21-13 11:32 PM
    Sean, I like you attitude, and I agree; BlackBerry has a very good product and the 10 OS is amazing, which is built on the QNX OS.

For those who do not know BlackBerry owns QNX.

I think that more people need to take a look at the QNX OS, here are a few tid bits.
    QNX provides the "embedded systems" behind rail trains, nuclear power plants, and medical devices. It turns out they also build the "infotainment" systems (including the UI, Navigation, Bluetooth connectivity, etc.) for over 20 million cars worldwide. Their customersinclude Acura, BMW, Audi, and believe it or not, Samsung. With its reliable characteristics, QNX software has been a preferred choice for life-critical systems such as air traffic control systems, surgical equipment, and nuclear power plants. QNX has powerful multimedia features.

I have had my Z10 since the AT&T release in the US and I have not had any trouble out of it. The back cover has not been off, no need for a battery pull or reset.
    Yes we know the QNX spiel. It runs everything in the world properly, except phones.
    09-21-13 11:40 PM
    Yes we know the QNX spiel. It runs everything in the world properly, except phones.
    Not having fart apps doesn't equate to not running a phone properly, troll!

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 11:55 PM
    They are still operating full steam ahead and will be producing devices. They will still sell devices and it looks like those who continue to buy and carry BlackBerry devices will be an exclusive group of individuals.

BlackBerry 10 is the best mobile operating system out there.

I'm not jumping ship and you'll have to pry this Z10 out of my cold dead hands before you ever get me to leave BlackBerry. Even if you sent me a free Android or iPhone, I'd send it back.

BUT, I'm hoping they lower the price on the Z30 as it's outdated and not worth over $600 outright. $300-400 and I'm buying!

#TeamBlackBerryTillTheEnd

Posted via CB10

Correct.
    09-21-13 11:58 PM
    Not having fart apps doesn't equate to not running a phone properly, troll!

Posted via CB10
    No clue
    kevinnugent and TgeekB like this.
    09-22-13 12:11 AM
    Apple was not in the same situation. The market was completely different. BBRY is facing far more aggressive competition from China, Korea, Taiwan, Europe and the likes. The industry and consumers are far more fickle. I think the marketing point is fair, but with investors clamoring for some type of return on their investment, it's far more likely that BBRY will be broken up and sold for parts. BBM has value and so do other aspects of their product and technology line. They are simply unable to compete because the companies they are up against have huge cash reserves obtained through sales or financed by governments (China). How can a company that will cut 40% of their personnel compete? Margins are slim for most so they will not relinquish even a fraction of a percent of market share without a fight.

BBRY supporters attack anyone who makes a critical statement about BBRY but face facts, BBRY did not loose based on bad technology, they are in this position due to bad management. Anyone who follows the company knows even its own employees were posting open letters to management begging them to change their ways far in advance of any major downturn in their profits and market share. When your employees are openly complaining, this can't be seen as mutiny, it must be viewed as a cry for help. It was ignored by the previous CEOs and now supporters, investors and more sadly employees of the company are suffering.

I think BB10 is an excellent product but that's not the point. This is a failure of management, not their development team. I would bet anything that if you spoke to their developers you would get a very different story about how the technology should have been evolving and how they were dismissed by two arrogant CEOs who thought they new more than anyone else.

Heinz never stood a chance.
    ___

Gotta agree with you. Mind you, I'll keep my Pb until it dies on me.
    You have said all there is to be said about BBRY's current situation. I just wish people on this forum will stop posting more useless, space hogging posts lamenting BBRY's fate or hoping for some developmental breakthrough that is not likely to take place.

Instead, lets concentrate on Tips and Tricks on how to use BBRY's smartphones or PB, and let's see more evaluation of PB apps. There's too much schadenfreude going on here.
    09-22-13 12:25 AM
    It sounds like you would do anything for BlackBerry. You would refuse a free Android or iPhone and they will have to pry your Z10 out of your cold dead hands before you ever leave BlackBerry. They can only hope for this kind of blind, idealistic loyalty when and if the Z30 comes out. The only hope they have is to keep people that don't care about anything except that BB survives buying their overpriced devices. Which means if you really care so much about BB, you should buy a Z30 for as high a price that you can find. Unless of course that $99 iPhone starts to look good.......
    I buy phones outright and even on contract I wouldn't pay $99 for an iPhone, because ALL phones on contract here are FREE. I could easily go to my local telco shop tomorrow and walk out with a brand new iPhone 5S or SG4 but why would I? I don't want obsolete software.

Best operating system out there? Are you serious..

Vanilla Android craps over it.. NEXUS FOREVER!

Blackberry is dying and has been for a while.

Those 4500 employees that are losing their jobs will not use a blackberry device either.
    Are you serious or just hardcore trolling? Android is the WORST software out of all available (iOS, Window and BB10). If I had to switch phones, I'd grab a Windows phone and that's saying something. Android is ONLY bearable because companies like HTC and Samsung create custom UI interfaces to hide away how poor Android actually is. Android's multitasking is a joke and virtually non-existent, it's resource monitoring and management is a joke and it has no security. It's full of malware, backdoors and security vulnerabilities. Not something I'd touch with a thirty nine and a half foot pole and I'm just an 20 something year old consumer.
    09-22-13 05:38 AM
    I buy phones outright and even on contract I wouldn't pay $99 for an iPhone, because ALL phones on contract here are FREE. I could easily go to my local telco shop tomorrow and walk out with a brand new iPhone 5S or SG4 but why would I? I don't want obsolete software.

Are you serious or just hardcore trolling? Android is the WORST software out of all available (iOS, Window and BB10). If I had to switch phones, I'd grab a Windows phone and that's saying something. Android is ONLY bearable because companies like HTC and Samsung create custom UI interfaces to hide away how poor Android actually is. Android's multitasking is a joke and virtually non-existent, it's resource monitoring and management is a joke and it has no security. It's full of malware, backdoors and security vulnerabilities. Not something I'd touch with a thirty nine and a half foot pole and I'm just an 20 something year old consumer.
    You've clearly not tried custom ROMs such as paranoid android etc.. I don't even need to go into detail about it.. It but basically having access to the file system and root allowes so much customisation and development... To which no other OS out there has come close too.. Malware spyaware? Adaway stops all that amongst other apps.. The fact I use my nexus devices with out touching a windows laptop of PC shows something... I even send the screens wireless to my TV... Does everything I Want it too do.. Deep delve into android and you see the possibilities you can achieve...

You've alreayd proved you would have a windows phone don't get me wrong they are nice but on a completely different level to windows .... And its getting even better with the next version 4.4 along with the nexus 5.. It clearly is a winner for my personal reasons.. Full root access open source development.. Winner.
    Poirots Progeny likes this.
    09-22-13 07:05 PM
    Best operating system out there? Are you serious..

Vanilla Android craps over it.. NEXUS FOREVER!

Blackberry is dying and has been for a while.

Those 4500 employees that are losing their jobs will not use a blackberry device either.
    Yeah, it does. You just have to wait till the lag goes away

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 07:21 PM
63 123