Sounds like BlackBerry is listening to us.
    Keep moving!

http://www.zdnet.com/blackberry-inve...ug-7000018901/
    00stryder and Azensun like this.
    08-02-13 12:29 PM
    Good to know, although that won't help anyone who's lost the SMS's in question, since they didn't back up first.
    08-02-13 12:33 PM
    Hope they can rectify this for users soon.

Posted via CB10 on my white Z10 and loving it!
    08-02-13 12:40 PM
    It takes an honest company to take responsibility for a problem, or to even be interviewed/admit it. But, when any new product is made, surely there will be a newborn to adult phase, where the technology gets improved and soon will be more functional and sturdy. I'm not just saying this because I like BlackBerry (I like all other platforms, too); but I'm just kind of tired of hearing about the "problems" that BlackBerry has. Obviously, yes, the company has problems. The news and media articles are flooded with it. But I think people seem to forget that other companies - Microsoft, Apple, etc. - all start out at a certain point and there's a learning curve with virtually every single product out there. Of course losing SMS and MMS is a huge issue - if it happened to me, I'd be furious and upset - but other phones/platforms also have snags and/or minor glitches; and I don't think the press is really addressing all of those. I know you can't just make a hundred page article about every platform out there and all their glitches, but still, I'm just venting a little.
    00stryder and Azensun like this.
    08-04-13 01:37 PM
    Good to know, although that won't help anyone who's lost the SMS's in question, since they didn't back up first.
    Kris,

I backed-up before the update,but still lost my texts. Plus my email logins' locked.

I remedied the email issue easily, but texts are 'no bueno'.
    08-05-13 01:35 AM
    Does BB Protect not back up SMS yet?
    08-05-13 03:15 AM
    Hi Kris - I backed up my phone, in Link, via usb - and suffered the loss of my sms's. I never update ota.

I restored the phone using a pre-MR backup - no go for me. Still lost the sms.

I completed a full wipe and then a full restore - still nothing.

Link hasn't worked for me, at all.

I hope BlackBerry address this.

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Q10
    08-05-13 07:18 AM
    Just to add - I'm going to assume that if BlackBerry can fix this, and then release an update; I am hoping I can restore from my pre-MR backup. The emails will obviously sync with their accounts - that would be a good resolution to this debacle.

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Q10
    08-05-13 07:21 AM
    Nope, unfortunately. Still a ways to go with that one.

In the meantime, a really great dev made the "SMS Backup" app available in BlackBerry World for I think $2.99. He's very active and helpful, and just released an update for the app today.

Posted via CB10 on my white Z10 & lovin' it!
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    08-05-13 01:46 PM
    I couldn't back up and now I think they're all gone; plus it's still not functioning. I haven't been able to back up since May

Side note, they were gone for a day and came back for about five minutes after u started texting again.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 12:19 PM
    BlackBerry Protect is still a pitiful shadow of its former self on BlackBerry 10

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 12:34 PM