Ok so for the last couple days I've been fighting with my bold to work properly. Finally got it to work, except for one thing, my Wi fi is greyed out.

So I went to Manage Connections> Service Statues. And It shows my mobile network is up and my wifi, however I noticed that it said:

Blackberry Internet Service
    Not Connected

Ok this i've never seen. Could this be whats causing my wifi not to work. And how do I fix this.

I am running 4.6.0.282
    I have an Unlimited Data Plan

help me crackberrys....you're my only hope (ok so i'm watching Star Wars right now...sue me)

P.S. I've resent my service books, Re-registered the HRT, and did a battery pull
    08-09-09 08:17 AM
    Ok so for the last couple days I've been fighting with my bold to work properly. Finally got it to work, except for one thing, my Wi fi is greyed out.

So I went to Manage Connections> Service Statues. And It shows my mobile network is up and my wifi, however I noticed that it said:

Blackberry Internet Service
    Not Connected

Ok this i've never seen. Could this be whats causing my wifi not to work. And how do I fix this.

I am running 4.6.0.282
    I have an Unlimited Data Plan

help me crackberrys....you're my only hope (ok so i'm watching Star Wars right now...sue me)

P.S. I've resent my service books, Re-registered the HRT, and did a battery pull
    I will start by assuming you have been able to use BIS in the past, you will need that for email, messaging and browsing.

I would be inclined to guess, the problem is with your carrier. The message means your carrier is not able to make the connection with Research in Motion network center in Canada.

If it does not correct itself in a couple hours, call your carrier and complain. The more trouble calls they log, the higher they escalate the problem.

08-09-09 09:49 AM
    I will start by assuming you have been able to use BIS in the past, you will need that for email, messaging and browsing.

I would be inclined to guess, the problem is with your carrier. The message means your carrier is not able to make the connection with Research in Motion network center in Canada.

If it does not correct itself in a couple hours, call your carrier and complain. The more trouble calls they log, the higher they escalate the problem.

Your asumption is correct. I have been able to connect in the past.

Thing is, I've been able to send e-mails, just can't receive. The browsing is working. Just bbm won't work
    08-09-09 11:24 AM
    Your asumption is correct. I have been able to connect in the past.

Thing is, I've been able to send e-mails, just can't receive. The browsing is working. Just bbm won't work
    Well, it may look to you as though they have been sent, but I am guessing, nobody is receiving them.

No Email, Messenger, or Internet Browser are expected when the connection is broken. Your Bold may be using Wifi for Hotspot Browsing, if you have it connected.

08-09-09 11:41 AM
    Actually I sent an email to myself and my girlfriend and they both sent.

On the phone with at&t right now so I will report when done.

Thanks for the assistance
    08-09-09 12:26 PM
    Ok so after alot of crap, we ended up having to wipe my phone. installed .167 on my device, and now everything is working fine. Email is going through, bbm is working, and my wifi is up and going.
    08-09-09 01:41 PM
    Congrats on finding a solution~

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-09 04:29 PM
    im having the same problem, my host routing table stays blank as well no matter how many battery pulls i do, everything was working well till i decided to downgrade to .167.
    09-08-09 10:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD