07-11-11 05:31 PM
74 123
tools
    They should have increased the attachment size to at least 20 MB.

They also should allow a user to compose an email in HTML format. Plain-text is so 1995.
    I HATE HTML emails, when ever I sign up for news letters I sign up TEXT emails,

HTML email is a waste of bloody time! I want to get my textual content, I want to be able to copy and paste it without having to change 100 formats pulling notes out of emails.

Just like people who put images into their email signatures tick me off
    gravymonster and RetroAndreas like this.
    07-09-11 06:37 PM

HTML email is a waste of bloody time! I want to get my textual content, I want to be able to copy and paste it without having to change 100 formats pulling notes out of emails.

For me, not having the ability to utilize HTML is a deal breaker. I rely on being able to see pictures in e-mails. Just an example of how everyone cannot be served by one solution.
    07-09-11 06:41 PM
    For me, not having the ability to utilize HTML is a deal breaker. I rely on being able to see pictures in e-mails. Just an example of how everyone cannot be served by one solution.
    BB html might not be perfect but it does work if you need it, I get plenty newsletter emails that show pictures just fine, you're talking about it as being a non existant feature in BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-11 07:07 PM
    agreed!

You can't please everyone all the time,
    For work I do need inline images from time to time because of excel cells being copied into emails as images in Lotus notes,

But I'd rather download the images as needed than have them in line 99% of the time just to get away from some of the STUPID formatting I see people use with HTML emails when I open them on my laptop
    MB2 likes this.
    07-09-11 07:16 PM

Agreed.

My boss at my previous job made it CLEAR to ANYONE who e-mailed him to send it in text format and even threatened to fire one worker because he kept repeatedly sending him HTML e-mails despite his warnings lol.
    07-09-11 09:41 PM
    Agreed.

My boss at my previous job made it CLEAR to ANYONE who e-mailed him to send it in text format and even threatened to fire one worker because he kept repeatedly sending him HTML e-mails despite his warnings lol.
    I can see this for business. However, I am not a business user.
    >>I hate
    >>seeing my emails
    >>look like this
    >>when I view them on my desktop
    >>email client.

Here is an example. This email is practically unreadable on the BlackBerry.

On the other hand, this is very readable.

Last edited by lak611; 07-10-11 at 12:48 AM.
    07-10-11 12:35 AM
    >>I hate
    >>seeing my emails
    >>look like this
    >>email client.

It's like that for a reason, you have to press menu and select get images, you will then get a warning that your address might be exposed if you do that.

07-10-11 02:07 AM
    >>I hate
    >>seeing my emails
    >>look like this
    >>email client.

Your post perfectly illiterates the problems with HTML emails

The information I want from that email is
    Hours of Operation
    the HTML email adds excessive bloat, for no added value over a properly formatted textual based email.
    dosto likes this.
    07-10-11 09:39 AM
    Your post perfectly illiterates the problems with HTML emails

The information I want from that email is
    Hours of Operation
    the HTML email adds excessive bloat, for no added value over a properly formatted textual based email.
    Exactly, html is only good for vendors and their ads and eats away at your data plan for no benefit to the user. Every photo in that html email is an ad.

07-10-11 10:12 AM
    I would still like to access all my email folders like my Android and iPhone does. At lease give me the ability to file my emails in folders, but not from RIM. Am I the only one who sees value in this?
    07-10-11 11:24 AM
    I would still like to access all my email folders like my Android and iPhone does. At lease give me the ability to file my emails in folders, but not from RIM. Am I the only one who sees value in this?
    I too wish I could do this!

I would only keep 7 days of emails on my device if I could go back into my non BES emails when I need them
    07-10-11 11:39 AM
    I too wish I could do this!

I would only keep 7 days of emails on my device if I could go back into my non BES emails when I need them
    Logicmail bro, works a treat for me.

07-10-11 11:56 AM
    Logicmail bro, works a treat for me.

It's a bit sad having to use a third party email client on a Blackberry.
    howarmat likes this.
    07-10-11 07:59 PM
    It's a bit sad having to use a third party email client on a Blackberry.
    It is.

though it seems that 3rd party email is how you get the best experience on every platform!

why can't the developers of the platforms get it right out of the box dangit
    07-10-11 08:29 PM
    It is.

though it seems that 3rd party email is how you get the best experience on every platform!

i must say that i did go back to default email client on my thunderbolt. Previous default HTC email did most everything except when using activesync you could only obtain a months worth of emails. They have since did away with that so now its client is fully functional from my perspective. Not sure about all android default clients though since they all differ a little bit. But yes, there are several email alternatives that might provide users with even more features if they need them
    07-10-11 08:45 PM
    i must say that i did go back to default email client on my thunderbolt. Previous default HTC email did most everything except when using activesync you could only obtain a months worth of emails. They have since did away with that so now its client is fully functional from my perspective. Not sure about all android default clients though since they all differ a little bit. But yes, there are several email alternatives that might provide users with even more features if they need them
    How many emails are in the inbox of the default HTC client?
    is it still a separate inbox per address?
    07-10-11 08:47 PM
    How many emails are in the inbox of the default HTC client?
    is it still a separate inbox per address?
    you can go unlimited amount of emails and you have seperate or unified inboxes. its however you choose. Before i think its was unlimited number but would only load back 1 month, the rest would fall off the phone type deal. I hated that. That was the main reason to look elsewhere. But they did fix that with gingerbread i think.
    07-10-11 08:49 PM
    I'm looking forward to the improvements in 4.1 and hoping Gmail two-way sync works better (faster). For me, BB to Gmail (archive/delete) syncs almost instantly, but Gmail to BB sync (archive/delete) takes several minutes (sometimes hours).

I was using the Gmail app exclusively for a while, but have gone back to BIS (with Gmail app as backup). The Gmail app has its shortcomings, but the flawless 2-way sync is nice.
    07-10-11 10:30 PM
    Step in the right direction.

What gets me, people are still ******** about stuff. I honestly don't think you type of people will ever be happy.

07-10-11 10:42 PM
    Still no full imap, all I want is access to my subfolders so I can view or file my messages. Case in point, got an email I needed to save in my "pics" folder in my email, had to log on to laptop to do it. Unacceptable at this point.iphone and droid do this, no problem. Don't tell me to get a bes plan either.

07-10-11 11:14 PM
    BIS 4.1? When can I get it?!?! IT'S SO NOT FAIR!!!!!!!!11111

We'll all get it, since it's not even an app, but part of the OS lol

07-11-11 12:56 AM
    It is.

Unlike some other platforms though, email is supposed to be RIM's signature feature (and it is if you have BES).

Rather than use a 3rd party app, I just reach for my iPad if a BIS limitation is causing problems for me.

07-11-11 06:41 AM
    Unlike some other platforms though, email is supposed to be RIM's signature feature (and it is if you have BES).

Rather than use a 3rd party app, I just reach for my iPad if a BIS limitation is causing problems for me.

I was under the impression fast email was Rim's signature, not a replacement for outlook. That's why I bought my first blackberry.

07-11-11 06:46 AM
    I was under the impression fast email was Rim's signature, not a replacement for outlook. That's why I bought my first blackberry.

If you have BES, a BB can pretty much replace Outlook (truncation issues aside).

07-11-11 07:05 AM
    If you have BES, a BB can pretty much replace Outlook (truncation issues aside).

No you can't

I love my bb. But it in no way replaces my desktop client

Even with BES I need full wireless access to get my folders

I need to be able to save emails to the device, in folders. Downloading emails from a remote location is just too slow, might as well use my browser half the time

07-11-11 07:24 AM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD