Step in the right direction.

What gets me, people are still ******** about stuff. I honestly don't think you type of people will ever be happy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Spot on!

I will NEVER be happy
    I will always realise something more could be done and want it

07-11-11 07:26 AM
    Your post perfectly illiterates the problems with HTML emails

The information I want from that email is
    Hours of Operation
    the HTML email adds excessive bloat, for no added value over a properly formatted textual based email.
    Wow, you know, I never really thought about it like that. The bb is just weeding out all of the crap I don't actually need to see haha.
    07-11-11 08:41 AM
    Spot on!

I will NEVER be happy
    I will always realise something more could be done and want it

deRusett can you clarify this quote. It doesn't make sense.
    07-11-11 08:53 AM
    I think what he means is, no matter how good something is, he can always find something to make it better - and then wants that something. Basically just being a brat.

07-11-11 10:52 AM
    I think complacency and/or contentment are the death knell of progress. That said, I don't want full HTML email.
    I thought I did. I begged for it. Then I got my first bill after buying my Atrix....I'm on an unlimited plan, so I didn't get charged, but the amount of data had more than tripled.
    Nope....leave me to my BB's way of handling data. Had it the other way, don't want it.

07-11-11 11:42 AM
    I think complacency and/or contentment are the death knell of progress. That said, I don't want full HTML email.
    I thought I did. I begged for it. Then I got my first bill after buying my Atrix....I'm on an unlimited plan, so I didn't get charged, but the amount of data had more than tripled.
    Nope....leave me to my BB's way of handling data. Had it the other way, don't want it.

I want the user to have the option of HTML email, the same as if he/she uses Outlook or webmail on a PC. As long as the option to disable HTML email is available to users who do not want it, that is fine. However, I feel the user should be given a choice.
    07-11-11 12:11 PM
    Somewhere Civic just clutched her chest and fell to her knees....
    07-11-11 12:22 PM
    you can go unlimited amount of emails and you have seperate or unified inboxes. its however you choose. Before i think its was unlimited number but would only load back 1 month, the rest would fall off the phone type deal. I hated that. That was the main reason to look elsewhere. But they did fix that with gingerbread i think.
    The HTC default mail client is night and Day between 2.2 and 2.3. not sure how much that is Android itself or HTC's doing. Android still has a way to go over BB for messaging, but considering all else, unless you just need a "messaging phone" and not a "smartphone" it balances much in favor of Android.

Of course I am speaking from a BB5 perspective. No real experience with BB6, or obviously BB7.
    07-11-11 12:25 PM
    I want the user to have the option of HTML email, the same as if he/she uses Outlook or webmail on a PC. As long as the option to disable HTML email is available to users who do not want it, that is fine. However, I feel the user should be given a choice.
    My 9780 running BB OS 6 already has this.
    07-11-11 12:33 PM
    My 9780 running BB OS 6 already has this.
    What I meant, as I mentioned in an earlier post, is that I also want to have the ability to compose HTML emails, not just the ability to read them.

Android allows a user to send a new email in HTML format, not just plain text format.

I have no idea if any other smartphone platforms (iOS, Win 7 Phone, WebOS) offer composition of new emails in HTML format or not. I started another thread about that subject, but have not had many responses.
    07-11-11 12:38 PM
    What I meant, as I mentioned in an earlier post, is that I also want to have the ability to compose HTML emails, not just the ability to read them.

Android allows a user to send a new email in HTML format, not just plain text format.

I have no idea if any other smartphone platforms (iOS, Win 7 Phone, WebOS) offer composition of new emails in HTML format or not. I started another thread about that subject, but have not had many responses.
    What exactly would the benefits be from composing html emails from a BB? So far I fail to see them.

07-11-11 01:11 PM
    What exactly would the benefits be from composing html emails from a BB? So far I fail to see them.

The format would look nicer when viewed on a desktop if images were visible in the body of the email and there were no arrows at the beginning of each sentence.
    07-11-11 01:14 PM
    The format would look nicer when viewed on a desktop if images were visible in the body of the email and there were no arrows at the beginning of each sentence.
    Ok, so just cosmetic benefits. I haven't got the arrows at the begining of each sentance since I had my 8320, what blackberry do you have?

07-11-11 01:20 PM
    7fiddy hit the nail on the head.

No matter what comes to market I will always use it and think of ways I would improve it, thus never being happy, I can be pleased with a product, but they will never make a perfect product. When they do, I should check myself into a loony bin because clearly my mind has left me.

07-11-11 01:27 PM
    It would be nice to have an app that you can "launch" to "render HTML" for an email, but I don't support anything that furthers the over use of HTML in emails!

It's as bad as webpages that embed pdf files!

07-11-11 01:30 PM
    Somewhere Civic just clutched her chest and fell to her knees....
    Man I Miss Civic!
    She was one of the posters I specifically did not want to see go!

07-11-11 01:31 PM
    Man I Miss Civic!

i agree i miss her too. She always had some really great arguments and suggestions for advancements for not only RIM but every manufacturer. Also never afraid to voice her opinion.
    07-11-11 01:50 PM
    Man I Miss Civic!

i agree i miss her too. She always had some really great arguments and suggestions for advancements for not only RIM but every manufacturer. Also never afraid to voice her opinion.
    I agree with both of you.

I didn't think she was gone. I thought she was still a Mod, but just not actively posting lately.
    07-11-11 01:55 PM
    they took her mod title away since a bunch of people cried about her being a mod and she hasnt posted since.
    07-11-11 02:04 PM
    7fiddy hit the nail on the head.

No matter what comes to market I will always use it and think of ways I would improve it, thus never being happy, I can be pleased with a product, but they will never make a perfect product. When they do, I should check myself into a loony bin because clearly my mind has left me.

Ahh.. okay I gotcha. You are what they call a nit picker.
    07-11-11 02:13 PM
    they took her mod title away since a bunch of people cried about her being a mod and she hasnt posted since.
    That sucks!
    07-11-11 02:14 PM
    I am disappointed to hear that.
    07-11-11 02:15 PM
    That sucks!
    I agree. It's sad when the mob wins.
    07-11-11 02:38 PM
    When I wrote this post
    Excellent Start,

BUT I do hope we remain more loosely moderated than the sister sites,

As I don't want to receive a 24hour Ban when I suggest someone buy an Android, or iPhone over a Blackberry.

Or when I go on a Rant about Poor quality in a RIM product, be it software or hardware.

I really hope to see some weigh in comments from those who are Active "antagonistic" posters, though are not doing so in such a way as to create a fight, but rather bring a view from the other side as to their feelings of this new direction and what their concerns are.
    I was specifically talking about civic because everyone was calling her a troll, her and I had a few disagreements in our time but she was one of 4 people on this site who I searched her posts atleast once a week to read what she had to say in topics I was not active in.

07-11-11 05:31 PM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD