Does everyone here have insurance on their BB? If so, is it with Asurion?

I'm with tmo and have insurance, but i've heard of other insurance companies. Has anyone tried these before, and from your experience, would you stay with that insurance company or go back to asurion?
    07-31-08 08:54 AM
    Does everyone here have insurance on their BB? If so, is it with Asurion?

I'm with tmo and have insurance, but i've heard of other insurance companies. Has anyone tried these before, and from your experience, would you stay with that insurance company or go back to asurion?
    I have insurance on my BB with Asurion. They have been very good to me in the past.
    07-31-08 08:59 AM
    I had a third party but when at&t started offering insurance on their PDAs this company closed up their doors.

I now have insurance with at&t (Asurion) because I convinced some CS agent to tell me that if I got a replacement phone due to mine malfunctioning under warranty that I could add insurance to the new device and note the account as such. After having the device replaced I called in to add the insurance and the manager I spoke with told me they couldn't add it until after she looked at the notes on the account. At that point she had no choice.
    07-31-08 09:11 AM
    I don't ussually buy insurance plans or "extended warranties"...However...

I got my phone insured w/ verizon , which also uses Asurion. It's costing me $5.99mo but covers EVERYTHING. I get two phone replacements per year at $50 deductable. Everything is covered, including accessories. Everything is shipped NEXT DAY. Also covers me in case of water damange.

These plans vary. Most carriers use Asurian, but they choose different options. So, check the conditions before you make a decision. For example, sprint doesn't cover water damage.

I'm on my second phone. So far I paid $50 and received a brand new 8830, all the original accessories, and my media card too!

To see T-mobile's insurance terms, go to this link and click on the Brochure picture: Welcome To T-Mobile Equipment Protection
    07-31-08 09:30 AM
    I had water damage and Sprint's covered me! No questions asked, had the phone within 2 days.. I thought that is what I was paying for, I wonder if they screwed up??
    07-31-08 09:46 AM
    I had water damage and Sprint's covered me! No questions asked, had the phone within 2 days.. I thought that is what I was paying for, I wonder if they screwed up??
    Or maybe they changed their terms...I just read the terms yesterday. I re-read them and it's different. Wierd.
    07-31-08 09:52 AM
    I have assurion through sprint and never had any problems, even though ive only used them once and had to cancel my phone replacement due to the sprint store I went to told me that they would replace the phone for free (no deductable), they saved me money!!!!
    07-31-08 10:04 AM
    Yep.. I have asurion w/ vzw...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-08 10:50 AM
    I have insurance thru Sprint and I believe they use Asurion.
    07-31-08 11:00 AM
    I'm pretty sure that Asurion is the "defacto" standard for insurance. I had an issue with them back when I had my Treo 650 on T-Mobile. Since that wasn't a T-Mobile device, they gave me **** and tried to give me every device besides another Treo. But, even with that incident, I still pay the $5.99 a month to Verizon for Asurion.

07-31-08 11:10 AM
    No insurance at all. It would actually cost me
    less to simply replace the phone (Employer discount)
    07-31-08 11:13 AM
    Yep I have insurance but with alltel asurion 7 bucks a month 90 deductible but it's better than paying out of pocket for a new one.

07-31-08 11:23 AM
    I have insurance through AT&T provided by Asurion, $5 a month.
    Non refundable deductible: from $50-$125/ per claim.
    Limits: Two claims per 12 months; maximum peplacment value of $1500/per claim.
    07-31-08 11:37 AM
    <Putting down my soapbox>

Well, I just spoke with AT&T <-- not a happy camper.

I bought my bb in March. I was told then that they don't do insurance on bbs and the best I could do is through homeowner's insurance. So, I accepted that and thought I'd be extra, special careful with my expensive toy. Well, then I came to this thread. I see where dozens of you are talking about insurance with Asurion so I called AT&T again.. "Oh yes, we insure through that carrier. BUT.. YOU AREN'T ELIGIBLE". Because it's a new deal with AT&T and the phone has to be insured within 30 days of purchase or upgrade. WTF They should make some kind of provision for their consumers that have invested in an expensive phone -- not to mention the data plan. Yeah -- WooHoo, you're taking care of the purchases post late June/early July, but what about all of us who have purchased prior.. WHAT??!!! We get no love... we're left flapping in the wind, holding our data plans, "we're sorry, but you got your phones too early".. So sad, too bad!!!

MAN!!! Don't get me started -- (too late, I know).

<Picking up my soapbox> OK, I'm done.
    Last edited by CNBrown1019; 07-31-08 at 11:58 AM.
    07-31-08 11:48 AM
    That is wrong, they should give it to you.
    07-31-08 12:15 PM
    That is wrong, they should give it to you.
    That's what I'm thinking... and thanks.
    07-31-08 12:36 PM
    That's what I'm thinking... and thanks.
    Yeah I tried to get insurance added to my phone but they won't even let me! So when I pay the $$$ for the bold, I will get insurance on that one! I feel they should let me have insurance since the insurance was out after getting upgraded because of 2 failed 8300s!

Charlie
    07-31-08 12:41 PM
    Charlie - That's definitely a wise decision. It's my plan for my next berry. I'll admit just because I can't get insurance on this one, it won't stop me. However, AT&T has a "no insurance" policy on iPhones, BB's 8820, 8310 Curves, Tilt 8925, Palm Treo 680, 750 and Pantech Duo C810. That really sucks! This revelation is as of May 1, 2008.
    07-31-08 01:16 PM
    <Putting down my soapbox>

Well, I just spoke with AT&T <-- not a happy camper.

I bought my bb in March. I was told then that they don't do insurance on bbs and the best I could do is through homeowner's insurance. So, I accepted that and thought I'd be extra, special careful with my expensive toy. Well, then I came to this thread. I see where dozens of you are talking about insurance with Asurion so I called AT&T again.. "Oh yes, we insure through that carrier. BUT.. YOU AREN'T ELIGIBLE". Because it's a new deal with AT&T and the phone has to be insured within 30 days of purchase or upgrade. WTF They should make some kind of provision for their consumers that have invested in an expensive phone -- not to mention the data plan. Yeah -- WooHoo, you're taking care of the purchases post late June/early July, but what about all of us who have purchased prior.. WHAT??!!! We get no love... we're left flapping in the wind, holding our data plans, "we're sorry, but you got your phones too early".. So sad, too bad!!!

MAN!!! Don't get me started -- (too late, I know).

<Picking up my soapbox> OK, I'm done.
    Did you read my post? I was PISSED when they (at&t) started offering insurance mainly because they put the 3rd party insurance I was carrying on my BB out of business. So I did what I posted earlier in this thread....

I now have insurance with at&t (Asurion) because I convinced some CS agent to tell me that if I got a replacement phone due to mine malfunctioning under warranty that I could add insurance to the new device and note the account as such. After having the device replaced I called in to add the insurance and the manager I spoke with told me they couldn't add it until after she looked at the notes on the account. At that point she had no choice.
    07-31-08 02:57 PM
    Has anyone here in the US gotten their BB at Costco? If so, what's your take on insurance...given Costco's warranty, plus I've heard that BB has a 1 yr manufacturer's warranty (just pay shipping to get a new phone pretty sure).

Seems like paying for insurance in the first year may be a waste, but I suppose that if you don't pay now and you can't add it later, that may be reason enough to just pay the $6/mo.

Thoughts?
    08-01-08 10:07 AM
    SL -- Yes, I read it you had insurance before they interrupted it. So you had a bargining chip. I'm glad it worked out for you. As for me, it's a lost cause -- but I'm not bitter ..

Thanks for your reply.
    08-01-08 10:31 AM
    I'm not eligible for it on my iPhone

With my work berry, none needed.

08-01-08 10:36 AM
    I have it on my curve.. 7 per month 95 ded... 2 claims per 12m
    08-01-08 11:53 AM
    SL -- Yes, I read it you had insurance before they interrupted it. So you had a bargining chip. I'm glad it worked out for you. As for me, it's a lost cause -- but I'm not bitter ..

Thanks for your reply.
    No, I had insurance that I bought from a third party on the internet, when at&t started offering insurance that company went under. I was in your exact shoes so I had some issues with my old device and called at&t. I explained the situation with the phone and they suggested a replacement. I asked at that time if I could add insurance from at&t to my account since I was getting a new phone from the company and they were aware it was in good working order. The CS rep said yes and noted the account that I wanted insurance once the phone was received. I got the phone, called CS back to add the insurance and had to speak with a manager before they'd actually add it but since it was noted on the account she really had no choice.
    08-01-08 01:26 PM
    I need to get insurance on my BB..hopefully it doesn't do anything stupid by time the Bold is released...
    08-01-08 02:14 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD