Ouch.

https://imgur.com/gallery/kEOEOXu

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-22-16 07:01 PM
    Well, doesn't surprise me at all, now it's time for Blackberry to introduce the new low cost Android based devices they have hinted at and see if they can gain some market share in the enterprise sector.

Along with most folks on this forum, I feel they are a niche brand and still have the security solutions that the government and corporate folks want.

It may be more software then hardware, but if they can achieve a secured Android device, it just may be the thing that keeps the hardware division going. Only time will tell.
    04-22-16 07:14 PM
    Oucccch!
    04-22-16 07:21 PM
    Ha ha. Lame. When is the last time you were 'rescued' by your competition?

Posted via CB10
    04-22-16 08:31 PM
    Meh.

Posted via CB10 with my  Classic.
    04-22-16 08:45 PM
    Stupid image

Posted via CB10
    04-23-16 12:58 AM
    Isn't this the second similar post in two days someone's come across? The hounds have been released!

Posted via passport
    04-23-16 04:49 AM
    Meh, and I thought, you were going to mention this nice little app http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59960317

Via Pasta CB10
    04-23-16 05:24 AM
    Well, doesn't surprise me at all, now it's time for Blackberry to introduce the new low cost Android based devices they have hinted at and see if they can gain some market share in the enterprise sector.

Along with most folks on this forum, I feel they are a niche brand and still have the security solutions that the government and corporate folks want.

It may be more software then hardware, but if they can achieve a secured Android device, it just may be the thing that keeps the hardware division going. Only time will tell.
    Every time when a high end phone sales number fails to impress, BlackBerry goes to try low end strategy.

Z10 and Q10 didn't sell? They went Q5 and Z3.
    Z30 didn't sell because of absolutely no marketing, they use the same internals to release a Leap.
    Priv didn't sell because of poor execution, they are going to try lost cost Android phone.

A failing pattern here?

Instead of making incremental improvements to compete, they always avoid competition and experimenting for a "new niche".

HTC is in the same boat with them, but choose to compete, they make their HTC M line better. Samsung met problem last year with their curve screen adventure, they don't abandon the idea, they make it better. LG make a gamble with LG G5, but that's after their success with G4 and V10 last year.

Lower end phones make solid sales largely because the brand has a sizeable footprint in premium market.... unless you are Huawei and Xiaomi who has a large relatively closed market as your backyard.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    CranksterBB10 and donnation like this.
    04-23-16 11:41 AM

Posted via CB10
    when Bill Gates put 150 million into Apple.
    04-24-16 04:32 PM

Posted via CB10
    See history of apple

my first foray into droidlandia
    04-24-16 07:09 PM