If blackberry use windows mobile operating system then it Might save windows phone and blackberry name.
    11-21-16 11:45 AM
    Both Windows and BB10 have less than 0.1% market share.

In the last quarter, Android had 88% and iOS had 12%. The other two were too low to register.
    11-21-16 11:52 AM
    Both Windows and BB10 have less than 0.1% market share.
    If they need to sell 10 million units a year to be 'profitable', but they still only have 1% of the market, does the fact that they have only 1% of the market mean that the profitability doesn't count and they shouldn't bother after all?
    11-21-16 11:54 AM
    If they need to sell 10 million units a year to be 'profitable', but they still only have 1% of the market, does the fact that they have only 1% of the market mean that the profitability doesn't count and they shouldn't bother after all?
    And how would you achieve that lofty goal? By merging two unmitigated mobile disasters together to form a heaping pile of excrement?

Plus, all BlackBerry has to sell is Android software. What good would it do to outsource device manufacture, and then stick Windows on it? What is the BlackBerry value-add?
    glwerry likes this.
    11-21-16 11:56 AM
    And how would you achieve that lofty goal? By merging two unmitigated mobile disasters together to form a heaping pile of excrement?

Plus, all BlackBerry has to sell is Android software. What good would it do to outsource device manufacture, and then stick Windows on it? What is the BlackBerry value-add?

A Windows phone with a PKB design would be great, if they could somehow get rid of the hideous tiles.
    11-21-16 12:14 PM
    No one wants PKB phones anymore.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-16 01:02 PM
    No one wants PKB phones anymore.

Posted via CB10
    I do but the right way
    Chemy JMHT likes this.
    11-21-16 01:06 PM
    Microsoft, with all its billions of dollars has thus far been unable to gain traction with Windows Phone. How would licensing it to BlackBerry suddenly help them?
    glwerry likes this.
    11-21-16 01:38 PM
    if they could somehow get rid of the hideous tiles.
    Windows phone seems to be even more locked down than android.

Blackberry's influence would be limited to have a tile that had chen's face on it. However as Conite points out - two turkeys don't make an eagle.
    11-21-16 02:02 PM
    Yes. That's exactly what it means. 10 million units per year does not a smartphone platform make. John Chen threw out that because he didn't know anything about the smartphone business and didn't realize how much users need apps and how difficult it would be to get app developers to support a third or fourth or fifth smartphone platform.

The "10 million" statement should have come with a disclaimer - "However, I don't know what I'm talking about."
    11-21-16 02:27 PM
    Yes. That's exactly what it means. 10 million units per year does not a smartphone platform make. John Chen threw out that because he didn't know anything about the smartphone business and didn't realize how much users need apps and how difficult it would be to get app developers to support a third or fourth or fifth smartphone platform.

The "10 million" statement should have come with a disclaimer - "However, I don't know what I'm talking about."

A profit is a profit.

Nothing else matters - thus spake the shareholders.
    11-21-16 02:28 PM
    I would sooner buy an Android BB product than a Windows BB product.
    11-21-16 03:02 PM
    A Windows phone with a PKB design would be great, if they could somehow get rid of the hideous tiles.
    Those hideous tiles are the basis of Windows mobile. A similar statement would be BB10 would be great if it just got rid of the Hub
    TgeekB likes this.
    11-21-16 03:03 PM
    Those hideous tiles are the basis of Windows mobile
    No wonder it died a death
    11-21-16 03:19 PM
    No wonder it died a death
    Actually, those tiles are baked into Windows 10, which isn't dead at all.
    Most people don't understand where Windows is taking their platform. I'm not guaranteeing success, just pointing out its completely different from Blackberry's strategy so its difficult to compare the two.
    ubizmo likes this.
    11-21-16 03:38 PM
    Actually, those tiles are baked into Windows 10, which isn't dead at all.
    Most people don't understand where Windows is taking their platform. I'm not guaranteeing success, just pointing out its completely different from Blackberry's strategy so its difficult to compare the two.
    I don't think it matters what they do. Their current market share is below the threshold of being trackable.
    11-21-16 03:52 PM
    Who cares, they have put full-fat, full-featured (not mobile) Windows onto tablets and they are taking marketshare from Apple and its overpriced iPads. Perfect.

Smartphones are an after-thought for MS.
    11-21-16 03:55 PM

The 10 million figure was to keep the phone division profitable. BlackBerry left the consumer market in 2013 to focus on enterprise so I doubt they were too concerned with marketshare and placement (they're largely consumer driven metrics, after all).

http://www.theverge.com/2013/9/20/47...and-enterprise
    11-21-16 06:16 PM
    A profit is a profit.

Nothing else matters - thus spake the shareholders.
    Except the opportunity cost of making a small profit in one area might be a larger profit in another. That is fundamental Chen's reason for killing off hardware and becoming a software only company.
    11-22-16 01:27 AM
    Windows Phone has two problem one is apps and other lack of phone.if blackberry use windows os blackberry fans come to windows os it will increase market share.there is also dell phone coming.hp phone is available in market.

Sent from mTalk
    11-22-16 07:10 AM
    Windows Phone has two problem one is apps and other lack of phone.if blackberry use windows os blackberry fans come to windows os it will increase market share.there is also dell phone coming.hp phone is available in market.

Sent from mTalk
    I am confused. BlackBerry is getting out of the HW business. What would BlackBerry actually deliver and sell?
    11-22-16 11:56 AM
    Another thread about BlackBerry + Windows mobile? What is it with Crackberry members that so enamors them of this insane idea?

Posted via CB10
    11-22-16 12:16 PM
    Another thread about BlackBerry + Windows mobile? What is it with Crackberry members that so enamors them of this insane idea?

Posted via CB10
    What else is left but insane ideas.....

I love my Surface Pro.... But Microsoft doesn't have the apps that a mobile platform needs, unless Microsoft comes up with something "insane" themselves.. it will only survive as long as Microsoft is willing to loose money on it.
    11-22-16 01:10 PM
    What else is left but insane ideas.....

I love my Surface Pro.... But Microsoft doesn't have the apps that a mobile platform needs
    From what I hear from people developing for mobile Windows, Microsoft has repeatedly pulled the rug out from under them with asinine changes. That's why the app ecosystem for Windows is worse than even BB10. They seem to have gotten their **** together finally but it's probably too late to make a difference.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-16 02:49 PM
    i dont think that is a great idea
    11-22-16 05:29 PM
37 12