I had a blackberry.com email address that was only on the phone. This was not recognized when I had to create the Blackberry ID. So I created a new one. However the new Blackberry ID email address is not one that is received anywhere. Is that the way it is supposed to be?
    11-19-11 12:16 PM
    That email address is only accessible from your BlackBerry, not from any computer. I'm not sure why you couldn't use it for BlackBerry ID. I used it for mine.
    11-19-11 03:57 PM
    OK, for example, John1111 is the email address for blackberry, meaning email can be sent to that address and it comes to the phone. John 2222 is my blackberry id. It has the same nomenclature (@uscellular.blackberry.com) but it only works to log in my blackberry id, it is NOT my email and can't be established as another email account. Is that the way it is supposed to be, separate email address from blackberry id? If not, how do I fix this?
    11-24-11 07:25 PM
    So it's not a working email address. Did you just make it up? Where did it come from? It's probably desirable to use a working one. If you want to use a working one, it would become necessary to find a way to change that email address.
    11-24-11 08:03 PM
    Yeah, when you create a BlackBerry ID, you are supposed to use a real, working email address that you already have.

If you didn't do that, you probably will want to reset it.
    11-24-11 09:27 PM
    It was done by rep when purchased. I will call them and see about changing. THANKS.
    11-26-11 02:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD