This is the reason why I cant switch device right now since I started using BlackBerry May 2014.

People looking at me at the same time staring at my berries with a weird look is a regular thing right now.

A British guy just told me What the F.. Do blackberry still exist you're so 90's

My uncle also told me that he though Blackberry doesnt exist anymore.

After explaining how my device works and why my passport does have an akward wide screen most of people appreciates it

Cmon blackberry step up the game advertise your device well..

Posted via CB10
    TCB on Z10 likes this.
    07-15-16 08:09 AM
    To little...to late....
    Also may want to cover up your Berries

Posted via CB10
    07-15-16 08:16 AM
    To little...to late....

Posted via CB10
    Too much, too soon. The world was not ready for such a slick OS.

BB, Still the One
    tjseaman likes this.
    07-15-16 08:28 AM
    BB10 was not ready when it came out. Even if it had a chance, they blew it with an unpolished product.

Posted via CB10
    bakron1 and JeepBB like this.
    07-15-16 02:46 PM
    BB10 was not ready when it came out. Even if it had a chance, they blew it with an unpolished product.

Posted via CB10
    Not only was it not ready, it was a year late being released to the market which by then had already accepted Android and IOS as the new players. If they could have released it a year earlier, the market would have been more receptive. But that's water under the bridge, we have all seen the end result.
    TgeekB, nevertoofar and JeepBB like this.
    07-15-16 07:23 PM
    Not only was it not ready, it was a year late being released to the market which by then had already accepted Android and IOS as the new players. If they could have released it a year earlier, the market would have been more receptive. But that's water under the bridge, we have all seen the end result.
    And that effin marketing team 100 percent of the people that ive met didnt even know that there is still a company called blackberry.. Tsk

Posted via CB10
    07-15-16 10:03 PM
    And that effin marketing team 100 percent of the people that ive met didnt even know that there is still a company called blackberry.. Tsk

Posted via CB10
    They marketed during the Super Bowl, which has over 110 million viewers. If that didn't work, nothing was going to.
    JeepBB likes this.
    07-16-16 06:31 AM
    They marketed during the Super Bowl, which has over 110 million viewers. If that didn't work, nothing was going to.
    hehehe effort wise its a yaaaay... light years away on how apple and samsung hype their product

Posted via CB10
    07-16-16 08:02 AM
    hehehe effort wise its a yaaaay... light years away on how apple and samsung hype their product

Posted via CB10
    No doubt about that.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-16 08:50 AM
    To little...to late....

Posted via CB10
    I think a person should be able to display their individuality. I don't mind the comments about using a BlackBerry still but I do feel bad for my 14 year old sometimes. But he loves his Leap and OS10.

Posted via my Priv
    07-16-16 09:24 AM
    The big mistake was to try the BlackBerry 10 OS 3 years ago, now I can't get a similar productive experience in Android, !OS or even windows phone. I've tried 2 android devices and the lumia 550 and had to return them , I came back to my more than 3 years old BlackBerry Z10. Family and friends think I'm crazy, they don't understand me but what can I do? Still thinking BlackBerry 10 is far superior to manage email and messages and that's what I'm looking for in an smartphone, looking for pokemons around the city it's not my matter, really I think they are the crazy ones...

Posted via CB10
    07-16-16 09:59 AM
    The big mistake was to try the BlackBerry 10 OS 3 years ago, now I can't get a similar productive experience in Android, !OS or even windows phone. I've tried 2 android devices and the lumia 550 and had to return them , I came back to my more than 3 years old BlackBerry Z10. Family and friends think I'm crazy, they don't understand me but what can I do? Still thinking BlackBerry 10 is far superior to manage email and messages and that's what I'm looking for in an smartphone, looking for pokemons around the city it's not my matter, really I think they are the crazy ones...

Posted via CB10
    loooooooool... 200 percent the same experience..

Posted via CB10
    07-16-16 12:23 PM

Posted via CB10
    Now that your friends and family know about your passport, how many went out and bought one?

Probably none. Spending huge money on advertising wouldn't have generated even one more sale in your group.
    Last edited by conite; 07-17-16 at 12:28 AM.
    JeepBB and Ronindan like this.
    07-16-16 01:02 PM
    People who don't get it just don't get it. They do not want to 'stick out' and I find it amazing how the cellphone has become an item to judge a person by for some people. It's the strange slant the media uses on BlackBerry, if they mention it at all. JUST THIS MOMENT I heard a BlackBerry joke on the Darren Streblow Comedy Show. Must. Write. To. Him. (sigh)
    07-16-16 02:45 PM
    Now that your friends and family know about your passport, how many went out and bought one?
    my sister wants to but he finds it expensive.. but its on her bucket list because she likes the spreadsheet here and because of huge screen

Some of my friends are really interested in my passport se because they find it gorgeous and they are kinda familiar on how this works because of the basic stuffs that I had explained to them but the draw back is that like what ive stated on my other post. Things out here are different from what's going on US and Canada. Aside from cheaper brands known internationally there's also 3 to 5 brands of local brands
    (some of them are being made in china). Not to mention the fake android mobile devices particularly samsung and iphone with android OS. Even the fake one's have categories because some of the fake one's are really obvious but there are also the premium made that it almost look like the original one. Obviously fake products are cheaper together with the local brands here who offer the specs savy filipinos an octacore device for around 160-170 USD in my estimation

And there's no blackberry concept stores here that sells only blackberry. there's 2 accredited stores that sells blackberry device with warranty but most of the berries here come from grey market.

Even me I discovered BlackBerry 10 by myself. They still have some market here specially im living in Central Business District. Too bad its tough to find one selling BlackBerry here

Posted via CB10
    07-17-16 12:05 AM
    People who don't get it just don't get it. They do not want to 'stick out' and I find it amazing how the cellphone has become an item to judge a person by for some people. It's the strange slant the media uses on BlackBerry, if they mention it at all. JUST THIS MOMENT I heard a BlackBerry joke on the Darren Streblow Comedy Show. Must. Write. To. Him. (sigh)
    Using blackberry 2 years ago is one of the biggest mistake I commited because right now its tough for me to type on vkb and the hub. I tried switching to ios but I end up staying at BlackBerry because of that two reasons..

Posted via CB10
    07-17-16 12:12 AM
    I can't get a similar productive experience in Android, !OS or even windows phone. I've tried 2 android devices and the lumia 550 and had to return them , I came back to my more than 3 years old BlackBerry Z10. Family and friends think I'm crazy, they don't understand me but what can I do? Still thinking BlackBerry 10 is far superior to manage email and messages and that's what I'm looking for in an smartphone, looking for pokemons around the city it's not my matter, really I think they are the crazy ones...
    I wholeheartedly agree. I carry a Q10 and a Lumia 950 (Q10 for email, calendar, messaging, 950 for camera and apps). Win10 Mobile feels better to me than Android or iOS, but nothing even comes close to BB10!
    07-17-16 02:01 AM
    I wholeheartedly agree. I carry a Q10 and a Lumia 950 (Q10 for email, calendar, messaging, 950 for camera and apps). Win10 Mobile feels better to me than Android or iOS, but nothing even comes close to BB10!
    My 950, with the latest update, is my top device.
    ayngling likes this.
    07-17-16 06:57 AM
    This is the reason why I cant switch device right now since I started using BlackBerry May 2014.

People looking at me at the same time staring at my berries with a weird look is a regular thing right now.

A British guy just told me What the F.. Do blackberry still exist you're so 90's

My uncle also told me that he though Blackberry doesnt exist anymore.

After explaining how my device works and why my passport does have an akward wide screen most of people appreciates it

Cmon blackberry step up the game advertise your device well..

Posted via CB10
    Your right, when you don't advertise......................and then want people to buy something they don't know is for sale......................yea it always works well. As for OS 10 not being ready.................none of the OS systems we're ready when released. I remember the I phone 3....................what a mess. But Apple pushed the product with slick advertising as the "go too phone". Where was BlackBerry during this time.....................you guessed it. Shame because in the end OS 10 has proven that it is a far superior OS.
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    07-17-16 07:27 AM
    Your right, when you don't advertise......................and then want people to buy something they don't know is for sale......................yea it always works well. As for OS 10 not being ready.................none of the OS systems we're ready when released. I remember the I phone 3....................what a mess. But Apple pushed the product with slick advertising as the "go too phone". Where was BlackBerry during this time.....................you guessed it. Shame because in the end OS 10 has proven that it is a far superior OS.
    You're absolutely right. While Apple was developing their mobile OS, Blackberry did nothing. Their timing was horrible. IF they had come out with BB10, even if not ready for prime time, at the same time iOS and Android came out we may be having a different conversation.
    07-17-16 12:40 PM
    The downward spiral of BBOS and upwards trajectory of Android and iOS crossed over in Q2 of 2010. BlackBerry was done in because BBOS was not developer friendly and the failure of the Storm. BlackBerry has never made a successful all touch device .
    07-17-16 03:39 PM
    The downward spiral of BBOS and upwards trajectory of Android and iOS crossed over in Q2 of 2010. BlackBerry was done in because BBOS was not developer friendly and the failure of the Storm. BlackBerry has never made a successful all touch device .
    Spot on around 2005 Google bought Android - signaling to the tech world that they intend to enter the market and Apple by this time have serious buzz about their smartphone (iphone). And RIM did not do much about but it double down on BBOS. And then 2007 rolls in - Apple released the iphone and Google have started making youtube videos promoting android app development to 3rd party developers. And RIM response - first generation Storm released in 2008 which Kevin Michaluk dubbed "a high school science experiment".

Good luck advertising that.
    TgeekB likes this.
    07-18-16 06:46 AM
    BlackBerry has never made a successful all touch device .
    They haven't successfully PROMOTED their touchscreen devices. I got em all, except the torch and porsche, and they all work nice. Actually playing on the Z3 tonight, was checking too see if any other phone got the update forced upon it.

I will always want a keyboard BlackBerry, tho.
    07-20-16 10:06 PM
    Blackberry 10 was launched at a time when android and apple was already accepted by the market. Also the Z10 device had lot of issues like, sluggishness, heating, freezing, poor battery life. It took almost 6 months for them to fix these issues which only contributed to poor performance.

** Passport SE on Etisalat 4G Network propelled by 10.3.2.2888
    TgeekB likes this.
    07-20-16 11:30 PM
    Blackberry 10 was launched at a time when android and apple was already accepted by the market. Also the Z10 device had lot of issues like, sluggishness, heating, freezing, poor battery life. It took almost 6 months for them to fix these issues which only contributed to poor performance.

** Passport SE on Etisalat 4G Network propelled by 10.3.2.2888
    Totally agreed !

Posted via my BlackBerry Priv
    07-23-16 07:44 PM
36 12