I was browsing the phones on the VZW site today and noticed that they now offer the HTC Touch Pro. I had no idea that phone was even available. I was reading the specs and features and that is a serious piece of hardware...VZW has even allowed wi-fi which I really never thought they would do. Is there anyone that is going to leave Blackberry and go with HTC?

I was looking to get the Storm soon...but now I'm thinking the HTC Touch Pro might be a better buy. I hear the Windows Mobile 6.1 is a lot better than Windows Mobile of yesterday.
    11-25-08 02:37 PM
    WM6.1 isn't that different than WM6 or even WM5 for that matter. The Touch Pro is a nice looking device, but I was concerned with HTC's build quaility when I was considering staying with Windows Mobile. WM is much more configurable than a BlackBerry, but also take more work from the user, so it really depends on what you want. I previosly had a Samsung SCH-i730 which had wifi that I never used because it crushed the battery in no time. The hardware keyboard on the Touch Pro is a serious plus over the Storm to me, but you need to decide what you looking for in a device and what would suit your need best.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-08 08:27 AM
    WiFi. Will generally eat through your battery pretty fast on any mobile device pretty quickly.

Are you very much into tinkering and hacking your device? Then the HTC Touch Pro is for you. If not, stick to the blackberry.

Random note. All the tech support people at my local sprint store swear by Blackberry. That is a pretty telling sign since they all have them and rarely see them come back.

11-28-08 08:35 AM
    I have yet seen the HTC in person, but it does look nice in pictures. I also think the battery & WiFi discussion is all relative honestly. I never shut off my WiFi (I work in T-mobile hotspot) I never seem to have an issue, as I just charge the phone at night.

If T Mobile carried that phone I would be tempted, but of course they don't.
    11-28-08 10:54 AM
    It's a decent phone, a major contender in many respects but it has horrible battery life. Like half that of a iPhone. The GSM version does have an extended battery available though.
    11-28-08 11:58 AM
    It looks nice, but it all comes down to you trying them out. Of course a blackberry forum site will endorse blackberries but whatever floats your boat is what we want

Go try em both out

11-28-08 12:03 PM
    I heard that the HTC wasn't all that great. Probably offers wifi in order to overlook its flaws.

11-28-08 05:42 PM
    Yeah, I don't think I want it. I'm thinking of just staying with my Curve anyway. The Samsung Omnia looks really good though, and that is on Verizon Wireless plus they dropped the price some.
    11-29-08 03:52 PM
    If you go to a lot of the forums they will say the htc freezes a lot.
    Coming from an 800w winmo 6.1 it still flawed heavily. Constantly freezing and pulling the battery was extermely annoying

11-29-08 11:51 PM
    I hate that touch pro. its so flimsy...if you are going to spend that amount of money, stick with a berry

I have the HTC Touch and I've used the Touch Pro. DO NOT LIKE IT AT ALL!
    11-30-08 12:01 AM
    I have owned both and much prefer BlackBerry. You are right that Windows HTC is configurable and arguably has better apps like full blown TomTom in the GPS category. However if you use your device for communication and send/receive many messages you need BlackBerry. Haven't looked back since my switch a few weeks ago.

11-30-08 03:23 AM
    I know it doesn't really compare to the touch pro, but before my curve, I had the HTC Touch. Hands down, the worst phone I've ever had. Constantly froze and acted up. I had it exchanged three times before Sprint let me exchange it for this

11-30-08 04:46 AM
    I was browsing the phones on the VZW site today and noticed that they now offer the HTC Touch Pro. I had no idea that phone was even available. I was reading the specs and features and that is a serious piece of hardware...VZW has even allowed wi-fi which I really never thought they would do. Is there anyone that is going to leave Blackberry and go with HTC?

I was looking to get the Storm soon...but now I'm thinking the HTC Touch Pro might be a better buy. I hear the Windows Mobile 6.1 is a lot better than Windows Mobile of yesterday.
    A little perspective. At my local Sprint store they ALL (Literallly) have BB Curves. There is a difference between the sales guys and the Tech. guys. TWO of the sales guys tried the HTC Touch Pro.....and went back to the curve in less than 14 days. The Tech people didn't bother to switch away from the the Curve (one of them said if it works brilliantly, why change at all) and said they would only change to the next newer better CDMA Blackberry.
    11-30-08 09:54 AM
    A friend of mine decided to get the HTC Pro and put his Curve away...he was back after a week wondering what he was thinking. lol!!! I too work in a Sprint store and 5 of the 7 of us use a Blackberry.
    11-30-08 10:29 AM
    the pro is a huge device, extremely bulky (thick), i came from a htc tilt and was thinking about getting the pro but decided on the bold instead, the winmob sux, it is so horrible, that's why i decided on the bold and couldn't be more happier. if it wasn't for the winmob i would seriously think about getting it as my second phone but winmob kills any phone it touches
    11-30-08 10:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD