So, does this mean that BlackBerry has decided to take on most of the advertising itself instead of relying on the carriers?

Good move, if that's the case.

Remember the advertising blitz that TH promised was supposed to happen after the Z10's release in the U.S.? The one that never happened?

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 07:56 PM
    The advertising, or lack thereof, was not the ad agency's fault. It was BlackBerry not putting up enough money for effective advertising. I asked my sister, who has worked in advertising for over 10 years, if she has heard of Gyro and she said no. I asked if she had heard of BBDO, which is what BlackBerry used before, and she said they're a massive advertising company. New advertising company can still be a good thing. Perhaps BlackBerry might get more bang for their buck with Gyro and maybe tap into some fresh new thinking which is badly needed.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 08:04 PM
    At bloody last. Soooooo badly needed.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" Get's a Ten from Fen.
    10-02-14 08:13 PM
    Has anyone seen an ad for SAP?

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 10:01 PM
    Isn't this more of a business to business ad firm? I'm not sure it's consumer focused. Can't believe all the comments that think this might translate into a traditional ad campaign focused on consumers. I can just hear all the outrage here if it doesn't occur. Don't think this company is the mainstream Madison Avenue ad firm. I hope I'm wrong but the firm's directive seems to be to sell to business not consumers.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 10:41 PM
    Isn't this more of a business to business ad firm? I'm not sure it's consumer focused. Can't believe all the comments that think this might translate into a traditional ad campaign focused on consumers. I can just hear all the outrage here if it doesn't occur. Don't think this company is the mainstream Madison Avenue ad firm. I hope I'm wrong but the firm's directive seems to be to sell to business not consumers.

Posted via CB10
    Blackberry is now focused on Business and business customers. I doubt that we will see much marketing to the general consumer market.

via CB10 from my awesome BlackBerry Z3
    10-02-14 10:53 PM
    Has anyone seen an ad for SAP?

Posted via CB10
    Of course, if you look at the right places. Tech magazines, business magazines, universities, airports. That's exactly where the Passport needs to be too.
    10-03-14 01:31 AM
    Great news, fresh blood always good!

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    10-03-14 01:36 AM
    They need the whoever does the ikea ads. They're genius

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    Swedes do that and they have a blackberry office in malmo. They just don't use it very much

We all love a great comeback!
    10-03-14 02:49 AM
    The advertising, or lack thereof, was not the ad agency's fault. It was BlackBerry not putting up enough money for effective advertising. I asked my sister, who has worked in advertising for over 10 years, if she has heard of Gyro and she said no. I asked if she had heard of BBDO, which is what BlackBerry used before, and she said they're a massive advertising company. New advertising company can still be a good thing. Perhaps BlackBerry might get more bang for their buck with Gyro and maybe tap into some fresh new thinking which is badly needed.

Posted via CB10
    Well you answered yourself. If nobody heard of gyro than probably they will work harder for less :d

We all love a great comeback!
    10-03-14 02:52 AM
    Wouldn't it be quicker to show us what they can't do?
    I see what you did there... ;-)

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 03:36 AM
    Wouldn't it be quicker to show us what they can't do?
    Noooo not again! Hahaha =D

Q10 SQN100-3 | Z30 STA100-2 | 10.2.1.3247 iPhone 4s IOS 7.xx
    10-03-14 04:01 AM
    Slightly off-topic but:

A lot of big companies that we would like to see officially/natively supporting BB10 have been very vocal since 10.0 that the platform was not suitable for them. Time and time again this was their point, just a shallow glance at the possibilities and dismissing them.
    Now as users we can all see the OS has grown greatly, and offers a lot it did not when it first came out. The user base has also been growing and 10.3.1 shows to bring even more legacy features to the table.

So now I am wondering, what if these big companies would want to support BB10 now, but they are simply too embarrassed to go back on their previous -biased- claims that BB10 was not worth it. What if they feel like they may lose face if they end up making the switch anyway, because we all know BB10 is still seen as a laughable platform at best.

If a marketing team like Gyro can alter public perception, or even just Enterprise perception as that is where these companies thrive, maybe even a small change can have a big effect on public opinion and adoption.
    10-03-14 08:05 AM
    Better and more use of what's already out there would be a start...

BlackBerry Hires New Ad Agency to Remake the Brand-img_20141005_181848.jpg

Z30 144GB
    DJRikko likes this.
    10-05-14 06:29 AM
    Hoping to see an ad from BlackBerry soon! And I certainly wish it isn't another man on fire walking down the road.

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    10-05-14 06:36 AM
    Apple has been buying full page ads in WSJ for new iphone. That's a business pub. They r doing it for a reason.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 06:38 AM
    I was quite happy to see The passport on Discovery channel -Daily Planet last night as a new innovative device....They did a nice little comparison between SIRI & Blackberry assistant in which Assistant defiantly excelled. Also made some mention to Blend~!!
    Most security-conscious organisations will disable BlackBerry Assistant via IT Policy. Oh yeah you'd love your lawyer chatting to her BlackBerry Passport and BlackBerry Assistant blurts out "I'm sorry there is no counter-defence to that charge. I am suggest a session with your therapist this afternoon." ;-)
    10-05-14 09:38 AM
    Most security-conscious organisations will disable BlackBerry Assistant via IT Policy. Oh yeah you'd love your lawyer chatting to her BlackBerry Passport and BlackBerry Assistant blurts out "I'm sorry there is no counter-defence to that charge. I am suggest a session with your therapist this afternoon." ;-)
    Regardless, I think it's nice to see some fresh advertising and publicity.

via CB10 from my awesome BlackBerry Z3
    10-05-14 11:50 PM
    I like the work wide ads and BlackBerry security videos. Now I wanna see how they come up with print ads and all. I hope BlackBerry is all in on the campaign as well. It really is a collaboration between the agency and Marketing team of BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 12:00 AM
    Gyros are delicious on the plus side guys.

Posted via CB10
    jefbeard911 likes this.
    10-06-14 12:01 AM
    Passport ads are all over the MSN News app on my Windows tablet! And not a Lumia ad in sight.

Posted via CB10
    jefbeard911 likes this.
    10-08-14 06:53 AM
    Sad to come back to this thread to see nothing has happened? Anyone seeing any form of advertising anywhere? Hope there is a good representation at the Texas F1 next week.

Z30 144GB
    10-25-14 12:55 AM
    I take that back after seeing this...

http://bbin.in/2014/10/huge-blackber...delhi-airport/

Z30 144GB
    10-25-14 02:33 AM
48 12