Please bear with me while I ramble on a bit......
    Untill January I had a Bold 9700 which I thought was superb and had had since it's launch. It never missed a beat until the screen died at which point I contacted vodaphone and they convinced me a samsung galaxy S3 was the phone I needed. Big mistake, I hate the thing. It's too big to comfortably fit in my pocket so it invariably means it's put somewhere in the car/house/workshop where I can't hear it ring or recieve a message because the ring volume is so low and due to the rear mounted speaker when laid on a flat surface it's barely audible in anything other than a quiet office.
    Another thing is the Bold had full signal throughout our house which is in the sticks, The Galaxy only gets signal in a couple of rooms.
    The next main gripe is that it keeps losing email connection. The first I know of this is when an email I'm expecting doesn't arrive so I have to reboot it. This happens at least once a week often twice a week.
    I also hate touch screens, they are slow and just not accurate enough for my knarly sausage sized digits, especially when outside in the cold when they require repeated prodding presumably due to cold fingers.
    In short the S3 is utterly rubbish and going the journey. I've tried an I phone and don't rate them much higher either.

I'm in the process of setting up my own business which will mean I'll be out and about in a van, dealing with customers etc and cannot afford to miss calls or emails. With that in mind my intention is to buy myself out of my existing contract and get another blackberry but which one taking into account the above points and gripes with the sampoo galax$hite?

Do I get the screen repaired on my 9700 or get a newer model? I don't need loads of bling and farkle, don't use apps all I really need is reliability, good email service, a camera but a better internet browser than that of the 9700 would be usefull. I liked the speed at which I could make calls, access voicemail and change settings such as profile change etc on the bold.
    I was down with the blackberry push service on the 9700 but have heard the new Q10 doesn't employ the same system?
    From my point of view when I set a website up via hosting company what are the pro's and cons of each email system ie old vs new?

All help and info greatly appreciated
    11-07-13 03:16 AM
    If you're interesting in QWERTY style, don't miss the chance to try Q10

It's amazing phone, and give yourself a chance to try the new software (BlackBerry 10)
    It's great and let you feel the actual meaning of (smart phone)

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 03:41 AM
    Yes, from what you've said Q10 would seem to be the answer. The Z30 might be too big but has fantastic battery life for being in a van all day.

The Z10 is worth a look as I too was sceptical over the touch keyboard but I love it and I have similar fingers LOL, it fits great.

But for a similar keyboard experience than the one you are used to it would seem to be the Q...

Feel it, Swipe it, Love it. BlackBerry Z10...
    web99 likes this.
    11-07-13 03:49 AM
    Thanks for the reply Mossa. I Would love the chance to try a Q10 but don't know anyone with one. I guess I'm justa bit cautious after the Samsung fiasco and don't want to get stuck with something that may not work as I expect. I suppose I cold buy one off ebay and try it on PAYG to see how I get on with it. It does sound like there are lots of improvements over the legacy units.
    11-07-13 03:52 AM
    Yes, from what you've said Q10 would seem to be the answer. The Z30 might be too big but has fantastic battery life for being in a van all day.

The Z10 is worth a look as I too was sceptical over the touch keyboard but I love it and I have similar fingers LOL, it fits great.

But for a similar keyboard experience than the one you are used to it would seem to be the Q...

Thanks for the reply. I deffinitely want a querty keyboard, the Q is getting the nod so far then.
    11-07-13 03:54 AM
    Thanks for the reply. I deffinitely want a querty keyboard, the Q is getting the nod so far then.
    A colleague of mine has one and swears by it. He reckons it's the best phone he's ever had and gets annoyed that we all went with the Z!

11-07-13 04:13 AM
    Thats reassuring, cheers
    11-07-13 04:17 AM
    You can get the Q10 for a good price on EBay

Curve 8320, Bold 9780, Bold 9900, PB 64gb, Z10
    11-07-13 07:08 AM
    Form reading your post, I understand that you need a long lasting battery, small size device, keyboard, and not samsung or iphone. My friend you have just spelled out "Q10".

I would recommend it, I have been using it for a month now.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 08:32 AM
    While I do think of the BlackBerry 10 options the Q10 is your best bet, I also think that you should look into a Bold 9790.

Small form factor. Great battery life. All the functions of your old 9700 plus a good browser. Data compression. Built well and very reliable. Oh yea and cheap.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 08:36 AM
    Z30 all the way!

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30.
    11-07-13 10:12 AM
    OP,
    If you are looking at battery life and network capability then there is only the Z30 on my book.
    BlackBerry has emphasised about the new Paratek antenna on the Z30 which gets network in poor coverage areas too. I tried this out recently. There is a road where for in a 200 m stretch every phone I have ever owned loses signal. I happened to be driving on that yesterday and was talking to a friend o mine and I even warned him before hitting the stretch that the call might drop. To my surprise I was able to keep on talking to him while I drove through that stretch..
    I was seriously impressed.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 11:20 AM
    From what you're describing it seems that the Q10 is a no brainer! Best browser out there plus a better battery life than the Z10.

No need to try it out as there is nothing else out there that will suite you as well as the Q. Make the jump & you will thank us later. If you have troubles navigating BB10 you know where to find us!

Enjoy!

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 03:07 PM
    Q10 of course! Just prepare yourself for 2-3 or few more days to adapt to the new OS.
    But once yu'll get in, you may will get back to us saying the Q was even better than your previous BlackBerry

Q10 ? OS 10.2.1.575+1792 Radio
    11-07-13 03:28 PM
    Thanks for all the reply's folks. I've actually replaced the screen on my Bold 9700 so I can now get all my contacts back off it but I can't swap the sim out of samsung as it's a micro SIM.
    I think I'll just buy a Q10 off ebay and give one a go.
    11-11-13 03:33 AM