So, it appears that Don Lindsay, VP of user experience, has left the company. Apparently he left in December. This is the man responsible for overseeing the design and user experience on BlackBerry 10. He was also instrumental in the acquisition of TAT.

What does this mean for the future of BlackBerry 10 design and UI? Do we get to see more TAT inspired designs?

BlackBerry Head of Design Leaves Company - WSJ.com

Channel for Asian eye candy
    02-24-14 03:33 PM
    I hope Chen either brings someone new in, or promotes one of the head TAT guys to lead this.
    We shall see what happens.
    02-24-14 03:36 PM
    I posted this in a thread here as well:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...indsay-909014/

Nick
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    02-24-14 03:36 PM
    Every time blackberry has some good news and things seems to be getting better some how there is always some reporting bad news or someone lives the company ....all this is looking like all this Is planed out so the company would fall.

Posted via CB10
    gokulesh likes this.
    02-24-14 03:55 PM
    I see this as a good sign. Keep heading for the doors if you can't buy into Chens plan. The board should also take a look themselves and see if prior choices are worth keeping there post.

Bottom line is ....the more that head for the door...the more room for new blood and ideas to come in.
    02-24-14 03:59 PM
    I think a lot of these departures are by people that were instrumental in the design and initial development of BB10. Now that the platform foundation is there (and more frankly)... some of these folk look to the next thing as they do not enjoy as much simply being part of a maintenance team.

Credit should be given to them for sticking it out despite the overwhelming negative regard of the company's chances.

Posted via CB10
    gokulesh and eldricho like this.
    02-24-14 04:12 PM
    the better question would be, would the replacement guy be better? I hope he/she would be.
    02-24-14 09:27 PM
    These execs leave when they can see the writing on the wall in terms of the direction of the firm and how they do or don't fit in to that going forward. There have been a few of these announcements over the past couple months - and if I recall it see to be those more involved with the handset part of the business.

Z10
    02-24-14 10:12 PM
    They leave because they find another job that pays a lot more! It's that simple

No big deal nothing to see here

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 10:41 PM
    It's probably for the good of the company. They are leaving because they know they will be axed soon because of their poor performances. Like Chen was mentioning about accountability. Those that does not want to be accounted for their action should leave.
    02-25-14 03:12 AM
    Let's be honest, he did a bad job, I hope they reinstate the previous guy, whoever he was.

The TAT thing has turned out to be a big disappointment.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    02-25-14 03:15 AM
    They leave because they find another job that pays a lot more! It's that simple

No big deal nothing to see here

Posted via CB10
    I agree that they do leave for the reason you stated but often times it's not that at all. Unfortunately we don't have enough information to know what is exactly the case here.

Z10
    02-25-14 12:20 PM