My phone this, my phone that. Knock off the personal attacks people. I read every post on this page, and haven't a clue what the topic is.

If you want to troll, grab a boat and go fishing. This crap needs to stop. Pronto
    Fatoomah likes this.
    04-05-11 12:37 PM
    I just have one thing to add......

04-05-11 12:38 PM
    Hey PK,
    That YouTube video looks much better on my phone than yours!
    04-05-11 12:41 PM
    Now that the 7 inch tablets are coming out in force I have no doubt smartphones will be getting smaller again. Remember mobile phones started out as bricks and got small enough for Zoolander then they got big again.
    To be honest I'm amazed at the size of my wife's pearl 3G, it makes my 9700 feel like a giant beside it and the truth is they both do the exact same thing.
    Large phones are only a temporary trend or before you know it you'll all be walking around with Galaxy Tabs for phones lol
    04-05-11 12:47 PM
    I disagree. A tab is not a substitute for a smartphone. You can't put a 7 inch tab in your pocket.

As well, I wouldn't want to carry one device for web and videos and carry a phone.

That's why a 4.3 inch screen smartphone is perfect!
    pantlesspenguin and howarmat like this.
    04-05-11 12:52 PM
    You might've had 5 blackberrys but what was your last one? Anything from 9700 up does not lag.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    LOL what?? I owned a 9700 & couldn't believe how much it lagged for me, being that people were saying it was zippy (compared to other BBs). I saw that darn spinning clock several times a day. It was very annoying, especially when I was using GPS & trying to follow along w/ google maps.

I copy & paste a lil different on my device.

1. Long press & select the text to be copied (two large "markers" pop up that you use to select the text & are very accurate)
    2. Select "copy text"
    3. Go to wherever you want to paste the text
    4. Long press & select "paste"
    04-05-11 01:22 PM
    Mine doesn't.

Sent screaming from my ThunderBolt at 4G speeds.

Sent via locked and loaded modstick, at CrackBerry.com
    FMB8900 likes this.
    04-05-11 01:35 PM

Sent via locked and loaded modstick, at CrackBerry.com
    that was hilarious!

but seriously he's lying to himself
    04-05-11 01:51 PM
    I love my 9780 form factor! It's the main reason why I got the phone, I love using/holding it.
    04-05-11 01:57 PM
    Its very upsetting that thread like this are constantly being ruined by stupid fanboy garbage... and its usually them same few people who ruin them...

As for screen size, 4 inch + phones are way to big for most people. I have a few friends who have 4inch screen driods and like them, but that's becuase thier hands are freakin huge! lol

So those 4inch+ screen phones are just a good option for those people with "Magic Johnson" sized hands, who find typing on an iPhone screen size, or a BB is too small and uncomfortable for them.

its just an option ppl, some prefer it... some dont...
    04-05-11 01:57 PM
    that was hilarious!

but seriously he's lying to himself
    To me, it's not so hard to believe. I think lag is really device-specific. When I had the Samsung Vibrant, it lagged quite a bit. Plus I had to do a battery pull about once a week. I've had my MyTouch 4G for 5 months, & I don't think I've EVER had to do a battery pull because it had completely froze. As far as lag, I rarely notice any. If it is, it may be a one-second stutter, but nothing as bad as seeing the BB clock spinning fo 5-7 seconds.
    04-05-11 02:00 PM
    I had the iPhone and it just felt too clumsy/cumbersome in my pocket. It felt cheap and after owning one for 2 years it was time to go to something that was built for the purpose of what the cell phone was originally intended for, communication.
    04-05-11 02:06 PM
    Its very upsetting that thread like this are constantly being ruined by stupid fanboy garbage... and its usually them same few people who ruin them...

As for screen size, 4 inch + phones are way to big for most people. I have a few friends who have 4inch screen driods and like them, but that's becuase thier hands are freakin huge! lol

So those 4inch+ screen phones are just a good option for those people with "Magic Johnson" sized hands, who find typing on an iPhone screen size, or a BB is too small and uncomfortable for them.

its just an option ppl, some prefer it... some dont...
    It goes both ways. MOST people who have switched to Android but stick around here love the community & wish no ill will toward BB, RIM, & its users. Many are even looking forward to what RIM produces down the line (me included). However, it's hard to stay silent when we continuously read that Android phones are toys, they're not as good with multitasking, productivity, communicating, etc etc etc as Blackberry. We know the ins & outs of both operating systems, but the minute we pipe up & say "Well, actually Android is quite good at........" people stick their fingers in their ears & scream "I CAN'T HEAR YOU, FANBOIII!!!" Most people who do this just can't fathom that another device could possibly be better at doing some things, & they most likely haven't touched an Android device, let alone have extensive experience with it.

Back when I had a Blackberry, I'd often say that I could never imagine having an all touch device, I needed a physical keyboard. I probably made posts, too, about how iPhone & Android devices were just toys compared to BB. Same thing when I had my old Sidekicks. I thought there was no way other devices could be better at multitasking, email management, IM, etc. Now, my mind is completely open & I'll never say I'm going to stick w/ one platform again. My words may just come around & bite me.

For the record...I'm a petite woman (4'11") with very small hands & I think 4" may be my screen sweet spot based on using the Samsung Vibrant (4") and the MyTouch 4G (3.8").
    04-05-11 02:53 PM
    It goes both ways. MOST people who have switched to Android but stick around here love the community & wish no ill will toward BB, RIM, & its users. Many are even looking forward to what RIM produces down the line (me included). However, it's hard to stay silent when we continuously read that Android phones are toys, they're not as good with multitasking, productivity, communicating, etc etc etc as Blackberry. We know the ins & outs of both operating systems, but the minute we pipe up & say "Well, actually Android is quite good at........" people stick their fingers in their ears & scream "I CAN'T HEAR YOU, FANBOIII!!!" Most people who do this just can't fathom that another device could possibly be better at doing some things, & they most likely haven't touched an Android device, let alone have extensive experience with it.

Back when I had a Blackberry, I'd often say that I could never imagine having an all touch device, I needed a physical keyboard. I probably made posts, too, about how iPhone & Android devices were just toys compared to BB. Same thing when I had my old Sidekicks. I thought there was no way other devices could be better at multitasking, email management, IM, etc. Now, my mind is completely open & I'll never say I'm going to stick w/ one platform again. My words may just come around & bite me.

For the record...I'm a petite woman (4'11") with very small hands & I think 4" may be my screen sweet spot based on using the Samsung Vibrant (4") and the MyTouch 4G (3.8").
    I don't have a problem with Android, I have a problem with touch screen in general. I need my qwerty, especially as I regularly type in two different languages, auto correct might be good in english(although I still see plenty funny iphone spellings) but for the rest.....not so good.

04-05-11 02:57 PM
    I don't have a problem with Android, I have a problem with touch screen in general. I need my qwerty, especially as I regularly type in two different languages, auto correct might be good in english(although I still see plenty funny iphone spellings) but for the rest.....not so good.

The keyboard I use, "touch input" that came stock on my phone, has an English/Spanish toggle button. Back when I was first getting used to typing on this keyboard I'd accidentally hit the toggle & suddenly my keyboard was autosuggesting/autocorrecting words that made absolutely no sense to me. It drove me nuts until I finally figured out what was happening. I'm fairly sure you can download keyboards in different languages from the market, as well.

And I agree about the iPhone spellings. Damn You Auto Correct! - Funny iPhone Fails and Autocorrect Horror Stories is flippin' hysterical!
    04-05-11 03:02 PM
    How does that 7 inch screen fit in your pocket? Keyboard that you can stand? Well that's your personal preference because I'm sure that I can type every bit as fast (and accurate) as you can on my phone's keyboard.
    Yo, trollbite, my keyboard preference is just that. With your device, I don't care if you can type, fart, whistle Yankee Doodle Dandy simultaneously in sync with riding the grocery store horse and calling it an adventure. If you wanna impress me, graduate to something other than snarky bites if ya wanna play. I can use a 7" screen just fine, because I have pockets that will accomodate things the size of a Tablet. I've test driven touchscreen devices, and found the screens are too small and lack the feedback my fingers need to type. I've tested side-sliders, and I'll pass. Droid Pro won't pass, because it isn't available to me. Don't make the assumption that what works for you is even on my radar. The screen on my BlackBerry suits me just fine, and a Tablet bridged to my device I anticipate will be even better. And, I expect that I'll probably use my BlackBerry keyboard more than the touchscreen keyboard.

Oh, and as far as screens go, while not as big as 4", my Style is still better than the candybar format was for me.

Sent humbly from my shiny Style.

Last edited by BergerKing; 04-05-11 at 04:13 PM.
    sleepngbear and SCrid2000 like this.
    04-05-11 03:31 PM
    Yo, trollbite, my keyboard preference is just that. With your device, I don't care if you can type, fart, whistle Yankee Doodle Dandy simultaneously in sync with riding the grocery store horse and calling it an adventure. If you wanna impress me, graduate to something other than snarky bites if ya wanna play. I can use a 7" screen just fine, because I have pockets that will accomodate things the size of a Tablet. I've test driven touchscreen devices, and found the screens are too small and lack the feedback my fingers need to type. I've tested side-sliders, and I'll pass. Droid Pro won't pass, because it isn't available to me. Don't make the assumption that what works for you is even on my radar. The screen on my BlackBerry suits me just fine, and a Tablet bridged to my device I anticipate will be even better. And, I expect that I'll probably use my BlackBerry keyboard more than the touchscreen keyboard.

Oh, and as far as screens go, while not as big as 4", my Style is still better than the candybar format was for me.

That was just beautiful.

Speaking of right size, I'd love to check out the Style if it were available to me. BB keyboard, big-enough display, and fold it up in your pocket without worrying about scratching up the important screen. If they ever made that a touch screen, I think I'd have to drag the whole family plan to Sprint, early termination fees and all.
    04-05-11 03:42 PM

well that may be true for you, and you may be one of the more rational, logical posters in the forums.... but usually the trolls on this site are way more hostile or insulting than "Well, actually Android is quite good at........". they make stupid condescending remarks that start to snowball eventually ruin the whole thread.

you might have expensive experience with both OS's because you used both, but there are plenty of users who switched to Android and iOS and then have switched back to a BB. They too have had experience with multiple OS's, and are not talking out of their a** when they compare devices and say things like "I found BB to be better at....."

Ive actually found that more BB users (including diehards) usually admit their device could be lacking in some areas, and how they wish they had some features that other platforms have.

Good luck trying to find an Apple Fanboi admit that their phone has any shortcomings whatsoever...

When people come on the forums and post threads about how they PERSONALLY like X feature of their BB, and how it suites THEIR needs, etc. there is no need for trolls like trucker who make their smug comments that ruin the threads...
    04-05-11 03:44 PM
    I love the size and form factor; small, convenient and powerful. What else do you need?

I think that the Bold touch will be fine in terms of size and am excited to see that form factor have a touch screen. Though who knows, I may have to wait for QNX in 2012. (I still think they are running 6.1 on a new kernel.)
    04-05-11 03:45 PM
    you might have expensive experience with both OS's because you used both, but there are plenty of users who switched to Android and iOS and then have switched back to a BB. They too have had experience with multiple OS's, and are not talking out of their a** when they compare devices and say things like "I found BB to be better at....."

Ive actually found that more BB users (including diehards) usually admit their device could be lacking in some areas, and how they wish they had some features that other platforms have.

Good luck trying to find an Apple Fanboi admit that their phone has any shortcomings whatsoever...
    From hanging around the Android section of CB, I've seen a lot of posts from users that try Android, but either get a lemon device or don't give it a fair shot before dismissing it (ie not being patient enough to learn the device). Then they go telling the rest of the forum how much Android sucks after trying it. That's how the typical CB user thinks that Android isn't as reliable, functional, stable, etc as BB. This really frustrates me. Most members here have been using BB for years. I'm sure that people here would be upset if, say, people who had been using iOS since it's inception came here to try out BB, got a lemon device, & bashed it in public forums. I'm sure you all would get defensive, as well, because of that person's misconceptions.
    04-05-11 04:03 PM
    I thought that one of the complaints about the Torch was that it was kind of hefty, and it has a fairly small screen compared to most touchscreen phones.
    Anyway, the Bold Touch appeals to me if I get a touch dialpad similar to the Torch.
    04-05-11 04:04 PM
    That was just beautiful.

Speaking of right size, I'd love to check out the Style if it were available to me. BB keyboard, big-enough display, and fold it up in your pocket without worrying about scratching up the important screen. If they ever made that a touch screen, I think I'd have to drag the whole family plan to Sprint, early termination fees and all.
    I'd love to see more carriers have the availability of the Style form factor. It isn't for everybody, and I don't try to pretend it's the greatest device since the StarTac. It is a solid device, easy to hold, and very easy to type on, with its larger keyboard. The flip give your fingers a lot of real estate to play on, and your fingers don't block or constantly mar up your screen. It is as quick as the comparable high-end BlackBerry models, and gets the job done pretty well.

04-05-11 04:11 PM
    From hanging around the Android section of CB, I've seen a lot of posts from users that try Android, but either get a lemon device or don't give it a fair shot before dismissing it (ie not being patient enough to learn the device). Then they go telling the rest of the forum how much Android sucks after trying it. That's how the typical CB user thinks that Android isn't as reliable, functional, stable, etc as BB. This really frustrates me. Most members here have been using BB for years. I'm sure that people here would be upset if, say, people who had been using iOS since it's inception came here to try out BB, got a lemon device, & bashed it in public forums. I'm sure you all would get defensive, as well, because of that person's misconceptions.
    I am the first instinct kinda guy, if you don't like it at the beginning you'll not like it later. Sure you can learn to get better on it but that's not the point, you have to enjoy using it.
    If there's a doubt there is no doubt.

04-05-11 04:19 PM
    I'd love to see more carriers have the availability of the Style form factor. It isn't for everybody, and I don't try to pretend it's the greatest device since the StarTac. It is a solid device, easy to hold, and very easy to type on, with its larger keyboard. The flip give your fingers a lot of real estate to play on, and your fingers don't block or constantly mar up your screen. It is as quick as the comparable high-end BlackBerry models, and gets the job done pretty well.

Man I wish they would make a gsm one.

04-05-11 04:20 PM
    I am the first instinct kinda guy, if you don't like it at the beginning you'll not like it later. Sure you can learn to get better on it but that's not the point, you have to enjoy using it.
    If there's a doubt there is no doubt.

I HATED my blackberry at first, lol. The first couple weeks were **** for me because I didn't understand how to use the phone. I was coming from a Sidekick, which is (well, was) an awesome messaging device w/ a dumbed down OS. I just felt out of touch during those first days of trying to figure out my new BB because I had been a Sidekick user for 3 years & everything was just so different. I'm glad I stuck with it, though, otherwise I never would've found this place . And, I did eventually enjoy using the phone.
    04-05-11 04:26 PM
79 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD