I can't stand the enormous 4in screens and huge dimensions of android phones like the X and the evo. So out of all the complaints out there against blackberry, one thing I do have to give them is that they strike a perfect balance when it comes to size. Even the storm 2 with all its faults is perfect in size. Sure, as the tech advances, i would love to see more screen real estate within the given space, but as long as the over all size doesnt change, Blackberry will always have a thumbs up in that category.

Your view.....
    04-05-11 12:52 AM
    Blackberry screens are entirely too small. I have to laugh when I see people talking about youtube, slingbox, movies, etc.. Even emails and other documents are a p.i.t.a. to read on those puny screens.

Sent screaming from my ThunderBolt at 4G speeds.
    Chrisy likes this.
    04-05-11 01:06 AM
    i think 4 inches is a great screen size but damn its hard to get that for some reason
    04-05-11 01:13 AM
    I meant the device size is the perfect size. Sure, BB screens are small, but we have no choice since we want that keyboard attached. So the tradeoff is screen size. But I still love the device size more than anything. It can be a 9780 or a 9000 size, its still smaller than those gigana droids u see. They look like mini ipads! Very unappealing if u ask me!

I think if the monaco remains the same size as the storm 2 or close to it, utilizes the screen real estate without too thick of a black screen border, it can be a winner in both the size and screen department

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-11 01:20 AM
    Depends on what you're talking about. Obviously for watching a video a 4inch screen is going to own over a 9700. That's common sense. But the comfort factor of holding a 9700 is pretty awesome. Its just a joy to hold and to type on. I think the 8300 was to.

04-05-11 01:32 AM
    While we're at it. Is there a physical keyboard android that is a worthy rival to a Blackberry? The few I've seen didn't look worth much, but obviously you can't judge that kind of thing from a picture.

04-05-11 01:38 AM
    While we're at it. Is there a physical keyboard android that is a worthy rival to a Blackberry? The few I've seen didn't look worth much, but obviously you can't judge that kind of thing from a picture.

No one wants to see a movie on a BB screen lol. But at the end of the day, I rather my device's primary funtion be communication and its secondary or third for that matter, be watching video. The droid size is too big to be a comfortable communications device. I know u agree with me, and that's where I have to say BB has capitolized on. And I just pray they don't lose that concept and then try to change it. Let the BB touch compete on media capability. And a 3.7 will do just fine for what it will need to be able to do

04-05-11 01:44 AM
    Blackberry screens are entirely too small. I have to laugh when I see people talking about youtube, slingbox, movies, etc.. Even emails and other documents are a p.i.t.a. to read on those puny screens.

Sent screaming from my ThunderBolt at 4G speeds.
    Tell me what happens when you bring your keyboard up, that's right, you screen is more or less the same size as a blackberry it's not only about viewing, it's about imputing as well. .

04-05-11 02:17 AM

There was the Droid Pro but kinda fell in obscurity after being declared the "blackberry killer" on these forums.

04-05-11 02:20 AM
    Well. 4" screen might be nice, but I've yet to see one attached to a keyboard that I can stand, so I'll have to enjoy what I can. I'll save the videos for my 7" screen and use the BlackBerry for the things it does well. While there are those that insist that bigger is always better, that is their opinion. They can laugh all they want, troll, or roll on down the road. Enough is exactly that;Enough.

04-05-11 02:21 AM
    No one wants to see a movie on a BB screen lol. But at the end of the day, I rather my device's primary funtion be communication and its secondary or third for that matter, be watching video. The droid size is too big to be a comfortable communications device. I know u agree with me, and that's where I have to say BB has capitolized on. And I just pray they don't lose that concept and then try to change it. Let the BB touch compete on media capability. And a 3.7 will do just fine for what it will need to be able to do

Too big to be a comfortable communications device? Really? Please don't take this the wrong way, but you must have hands about the size of an eight year old girl because my phone fits very comfortably in both my hands and my pockets.
    04-05-11 05:43 AM
    Well. 4" screen might be nice, but I've yet to see one attached to a keyboard that I can stand, so I'll have to enjoy what I can. I'll save the videos for my 7" screen and use the BlackBerry for the things it does well. While there are those that insist that bigger is always better, that is their opinion. They can laugh all they want, troll, or roll on down the road. Enough is exactly that;Enough.

How does that 7 inch screen fit in your pocket? Keyboard that you can stand? Well that's your personal preference because I'm sure that I can type every bit as fast (and accurate) as you can on my phone's keyboard.
    04-05-11 05:46 AM
    67tucker,
    we got it, u love ur android
    now can we move on please?

im also tired of all these 4inch touchscreen phones coming out recently, i love my physical keyboard, and im excited about the dakota, physical keyboard, 2,8inch screen (little bigger compared to 9700) and touchscreen as well, gonna be awesome
    it just seems like the "perfect" device, but as i said in another thread, to truly make it the "perfect" device it would need
    dual core 1,2ghz
    1gb ram
    QNX
    bigger LED (i really think the dakota LED is too small, love 9700 LED)
    +front camera

but still, the dakota is just the device i really want, definitely getting it, and 2012 the qnx phones will be a huge success for RIM, at least thats what im hoping for

and yes 67tucker, we got it, you have to defend ur beloved android and bash rim, very mature xD
    04-05-11 05:53 AM
    67tucker,
    we got it, u love ur android
    now can we move on please?

im also tired of all these 4inch touchscreen phones coming out recently, i love my physical keyboard, and im excited about the dakota, physical keyboard, 2,8inch screen (little bigger compared to 9700) and touchscreen as well, gonna be awesome
    it just seems like the "perfect" device, but as i said in another thread, to truly make it the "perfect" device it would need
    dual core 1,2ghz
    1gb ram
    QNX
    bigger LED (i really think the dakota LED is too small, love 9700 LED)
    +front camera

but still, the dakota is just the device i really want, definitely getting it, and 2012 the qnx phones will be a huge success for RIM, at least thats what im hoping for

and yes 67tucker, we got it, you have to defend ur beloved android and bash rim, very mature xD
    So it's ok for you to defend BB (for whatever reason), but I'm not allowed to speak of another platform? I like iOS also. And by the way, a 2.8 inch touch screen is stupid, as you will clearly see when that phone is released.
    Chrisy likes this.
    04-05-11 06:34 AM
    So it's ok for you to defend BB (for whatever reason), but I'm not allowed to speak of another platform? I like iOS also. And by the way, a 2.8 inch touch screen is stupid, as you will clearly see when that phone is released.
    of course ur allowed to speak of another platform, but how about not bashing RIM? its not like any of us here are bashing android
    u should really grow up, i feel like im talking to a child
    theres androidcentral for pple like you, you know?

2,8inch touch screen is stupid?
    why? ever had one before so you can actually share ur experience with it or is it just another useless rim bashing statement?
    you should remember that its not ONLY a 2,8inch touchscreen, you got a physical keyboard with trackpad as well
    boring and exhausting talking to you
    04-05-11 06:39 AM
    of course ur allowed to speak of another platform, but how about not bashing RIM? its not like any of us here are bashing android
    u should really grow up, i feel like im talking to a child
    theres androidcentral for pple like you, you know?

2,8inch touch screen is stupid?
    why? ever had one before so you can actually share ur experience with it or is it just another useless rim bashing statement?
    you should remember that its not ONLY a 2,8inch touchscreen, you got a physical keyboard with trackpad as well
    boring and exhausting talking to you
    So, you're actually trying to convince me that Android and iOS aren't bashed in here? OK. And 2.8 inches will not make for a positive touchscreen experience. Trust me.
    04-05-11 06:44 AM
    I'll never go smaller than a 4.3 inch screen. It looks amazing, cuts out the need to zoom and scroll and is just easy to use the touch.

It's still fits in my pocket, is not heavy and works great for car navigation!

Reading email, including html, is pleasant. Not to mention video, pictures, YouTube and video calling all are better on a big screen.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 04-05-11 at 06:51 AM.
    04-05-11 06:48 AM
    I'll never go smaller than a 4.3 inch screen. It looks amazing, cuts out the need to zoom and scroll and is just easy to use the touch.

It's still fits in my pocket, is not heavy and works great for car navigation!
    I agree. I just don't see any advantage of having a touch screen that small.
    04-05-11 06:51 AM
    Don't worry about it. I got bashed pretty hard in a thread called "what makes the bb OS suck?" They ask a question and bash you when you answer. One poster even asked if I had my phone shoved up my ****. Classy.

I like hearing BlackBerry, Android and iPhone defenders. Interesting to compare devices.
    04-05-11 06:55 AM
    Text input on a big screen is about the same as text input on my Tour, as far as seeing what I'm typing. I'm ok with that. The keyboard on my Tbolt is bigger and more spaced out than my Tour though so typing is much easier and quicker.
    04-05-11 07:03 AM
    Tell me what happens when you bring your keyboard up, that's right, you screen is more or less the same size as a blackberry it's not only about viewing, it's about imputing as well. .

Lol what? You are comparing a touchscreen when a keyboard is up, to a screen that is small all the time. This is hardly an argument. Are you forgetting about the screen size when people aren't typing?
    04-05-11 08:11 AM
    Lol what? You are comparing a touchscreen when a keyboard is up, to a screen that is small all the time. This is hardly an argument. Are you forgetting about the screen size when people aren't typing?
    This was one of the things that annoyed me about the Storm2, picture this: you are on webpage/spreadsheet and you need to input on a field at the bottom of the screen, you touch it and the keyboard pops up and the field at the bottom is now up above the keyboard hiding the information above it that you could see before. Then it simply ads extra steps: show keyboard, hide keyboard scroll on the screen the keyboard goes away, show it again etc etc
    Fact is if you type a lot on a phone as I do the screen is bigger only half the time.
    04-05-11 08:20 AM
    This was one of the things that annoyed me about the Storm2, picture this: you are on webpage/spreadsheet and you need to input on a field at the bottom of the screen, you touch it and the keyboard pops up and the field at the bottom is now up above the keyboard hiding the information above it that you could see before. Then it simply ads extra steps: show keyboard, hide keyboard scroll on the screen the keyboard goes away, show it again etc etc
    Fact is if you type a lot on a phone as I do the screen is bigger only half the time.
    I feel you. But half the time is still more than none. Also, the majority of high end touchscreen devices have their keyboard open instantly when you want to type. Same when you go to hide it. It basically takes the same about of time as you would move your thumb from the trackpad to the keyboard or vice versa.
    04-05-11 08:36 AM
    Let's keep the thread clean and on topic please. Leave the personal attacks for somewhere else, we don't do them here at CrackBerry.com
    pkcable and BlackStormRising like this.
    04-05-11 08:37 AM
    I feel you. But half the time is still more than none. Also, the majority of high end touchscreen devices have their keyboard open instantly when you want to type. Same when you go to hide it. It basically takes the same about of time as you would move your thumb from the trackpad to the keyboard or vice versa.
    I'm not sure how your phone handles it but the other problem was as i said with the field being moved up, after you hide the keyboard the field doesn't go back to the bottom as it was before it was moved up. It was very annoying for me
    04-05-11 08:44 AM
79 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD