I agree with you, don't get me wrong. But I can tell you that it looks like a lot of folks are really enjoying themselfs.
    I find it astonishing (like watching a car accident) as some BB10 fanatics slip deeper and deeper into their psychosis, and continue to be hopeful, as the evidence for the continuation of BB10 becomes vanishingly small.
    01-06-17 04:54 PM
    I agree with you, don't get me wrong. But I can tell you that it looks like a lot of folks are really enjoying themselfs.
    It's a competition to see how far reality can be bent out of shape until it gives BB10 a future.
    StephanieMaks likes this.
    01-06-17 05:06 PM
    Chen just said a couple weeks ago that several manufactures were interested in building hardware for BB10 . Is that BS too? O Really? I recall that there was a bunch of Lawsuit talk going around on HP over WebOS because they enthusiastically promoted it on Distribution channels and listed new products to come in the month of JULY ....then weeks later the CEO pulls the plug. Correct me if I am wrong but I think that was illegal. I didn't care to break out any popcorn over that.
    01-06-17 07:08 PM
    Chen just said a couple weeks ago that several manufactures were interested in building hardware for BB10 . Is that BS too? O Really?
    What else was he supposed to say, nobody is interested and scare off any other crazy one who might then approach him?
    01-06-17 07:11 PM
    What else was he supposed to say, nobody is interested and scare off any other crazy one who might then approach him?
    Everyone knows the reality of the situation. Its the unknown that is still entertaining. Could the denial of HOPE make a good Star Wars Movie?
    Last edited by Zeratul57; 01-06-17 at 07:34 PM.
    01-06-17 07:22 PM
    Chen just said a couple weeks ago that several manufactures were interested in building hardware for BB10 . Is that BS too? O Really?
    That was 3 months ago, actually. In that time there hasn't been a single leak, rumor, blurry photo, carrier certification, etc. Much less an actual official statement.

'Being interested' is a really vague statement without context. If I walk past a store and stop for a moment to glance at a pair of shoes in the window, I'm still interested, even if I turn and keep walking after 10 seconds.

I think it's just hard to make a business case to produce BB10 phones under a paid license when you can get Android for free, with an absolutely staggering software ecosystem in place.

Blackberry Poptart SE - Cricket Wireless
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    01-06-17 08:08 PM
    That was 3 months ago, actually. In that time there hasn't been a single leak, rumor, blurry photo, carrier certification, etc. Much less an actual official statement.

'Being interested' is a really vague statement without context. If I walk past a store and stop for a moment to glance at a pair of shoes in the window, I'm still interested, even if I turn and keep walking after 10 seconds.

I think it's just hard to make a business case to produce BB10 phones under a paid license when you can get Android for free, with an absolutely staggering software ecosystem in place.

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-10-...anded-handsets this was three months ago but so what? 3 months and what has changed on Android?

“We’re very careful who we’re working with. We want to be very positive; the contracts are long and complex and we’re involved in every stage of the way. We’ll know what’s going on at every stage of the manufacturing process - and we’ll still inject our hardware keys at the right moment.”

He explained: “We continue to support the BlackBerry 10 operating system; some companies are interested in licensing it for handsets. If it’s a solid business model going forward we’ll work with a 3rd manufacturer. But we’re not close enough to say we’re going to do that."

There was also video of Chen talking to a woman about these manufactures who want to build hardware for BB10. She looked Indian.
    Last edited by Zeratul57; 01-06-17 at 09:55 PM.
    01-06-17 09:24 PM
    What's interesting about those who obsess about BB10 and those who hang around here seemingly with no purpose but to constantly hate on them is they actually have a lot in common - both are hopelessly sadistic.
    i am reading those posts with great interest: it like phycological therapy session. that possibly also reflect the love hate relationship... It appear not just a phone... wondering what going to happen if it is AI infused.. (possibly already did - BB fan on the CB board are really "crack" - possibly more so once droid on board... BB10 appear to be ex, and droid to the official mate... the feeling of lost not just the ex, but the youth, the glorify past, "once upon a time" )
    01-06-17 10:08 PM
    Why... what would it gain them?

Might be the "right" thing to do, and might open a few eyes or vindicate a few others.... but it would do nothing to help the business, and probable in fact would hurt it. BlackBerry is a business...
    Correct. Saying "BB10" is dead when they still support it and sell BB10 devices would instantly turn anyone off to spending another penny on it.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-17 10:10 PM
    I am holding my passport which isn't even my main line anymore and was just thinking "it's so sad.. this was such a great OS" and then I stumble into this thread. Super depressing.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-17 11:31 PM
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-10-...anded-handsets this was three months ago but so what? 3 months and what has changed on Android?
    Oh I don't know... there was that whole Mercury thing at CES, and TCL signing on to build future BlackBerry Android handsets. Actual tangible news, not "somebody has shown interest."

DrBoomBotz likes this.
    01-07-17 12:37 AM
    Long live BB10 and lets see another new BB10 device in the new future!

Posted via CB10
    TCB on Z10 likes this.
    01-07-17 01:44 AM
    Really unlikely - nobody is going to spend the money on the chipsets if BBRY isn't. Even then same problems that have always exist (no consumer interest, no ecosystem).
    The problem isn't just the chipset, I'm quote sure that there are still many and many BlackBerry10 fanatics that are willing to leave theirs Passports only for a new BB10 powered new device.

And then a new BB10 handset could be a little success after nearly unsold Androidberries. But I think that the OS is quote old now and it should be updated a lot with new features. It's not just the ecosystem, as BB10 users, we are accustomed with not having apps, but the OS needs to be renewed as it can't be the same after more than two years...

Posted via CB10
    01-07-17 02:24 AM
    Long live BB10 and lets see another new BB10 device in the new future!
    Nope.
    01-07-17 09:09 AM
    The boards are as crazy as a box of frogs these days. I've not been very active as of recent due to the never-ending topics that have been discussed so much that it's not even funny anymore.

There won't be anymore BB10 devices, as BlackBerry are not permitted to release a forked version of Android (BB10's android layer) while they're tied into the legal framework with Google.

Also, the custom drivers required for BB10 are highly expensive.

Keep in mind that BlackBerry won't be making the BlackBerry-flavoured android devices in the future, they'll just be releasing the monthly security updates.

As you can see, even just the legal stuff with Google alone is enough to stop them making new BB10 devices.

PP SE - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ι¢т > 
    01-07-17 12:14 PM

As you can see, even just the legal stuff with Google alone is enough to stop them making new BB10 devices.

PP SE - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ι¢т > 
    Not really. They are only obliged to not develop the Runtime any further.
    01-07-17 12:25 PM
    Not really. They are only obliged to not develop the Runtime any further.
    Tinfoil hatters would probably chime in and say that ripping the runtime out of BB10 would allow for further development of their sacred cow without icky Android, notwithstanding that the BB10 development team is a handful of UWaterloo interns (if anyone) at this point. Note the changing of the first-party Facebook app from a native app to a web URL still created an app a few dozen MB in size (for just a shortcut), and that there are still bits and pieces of AIR in the OS as of 10.3.3. Taking things out isn't much easier than adding things in.
    01-07-17 12:35 PM
    Blue and white Classics are still being sold on ShopBlackBerry UK at £385.00 each. $475 dollars is a lot to spend on something that won't even run WhatsApp in five months' time.
    Which matters to people who like giving Facebook their mobile phone # for marketing purposes...WhatsApp is very important to a lot of people, but it's by no means an App everyone needs. I wouldn't use it under any circumstances because Facebook changes its privacy policies every time they see a way to earn more money

Posted via CB10
    01-07-17 01:21 PM
    [info] Closed for review.[/info]

[info]After reviewing this thread and cleaning up the bickering and illegal filter evasions, it will remain closed as it's merely a flashpoint for arguments now.[/info]
    Last edited by Fret Madden; 01-07-17 at 03:40 PM.
    BigBadWulf and Ronindan like this.
    01-07-17 03:10 PM
94 ... 234