Most other software companies publish clear product lifecycle guidelines so that purchasing organizations know exactly how long their investments will be supported. I am not aware of any other reputable software business that jealously hides its product lifecycles as BlackBerry does, announcing out of the blue that they are dropping a product within a few months. What company would want to buy lots of BB10 handsets at this stage?
    You're forgetting that BlackBerry is a company hanging on by a financial thread.... they aren't going to do things like a reputable company would.
    Tien-Lin Chang likes this.
    01-05-17 09:19 AM
    And in other news, water is wet.
    01-05-17 09:28 AM
    Update 4:45 01/04/16: While our information regarding the death of BB10 stems from a reliable source, BlackBerry reached out to MobileSyrup to reiterate its commitment to the proprietary operating system, citing the recent release of BB10.3.3 as an example.

Furthermore, a representative of the company says, “Regarding new BlackBerry 10 hardware, the company hasn’t commented on the future roadmap.”

STILL OPEN AND ALIVE
    /general-blackberry-news-discussion-rumors-f2/blackberry-has-no-plans-release-new-bb10-devices-1096483-post12720503/
    01-05-17 09:57 AM
    The only point about BB10 is security.

Android still has Stagefright issues, they just have patched the mediaserver this month.
    And overall iOS isn't really more secure than Android.

A totally modified Android could be an alternative, but that doesn't sound like a cheap option either.

My impression is that there are still a few million BB10 users in 2017, and if this user base is willed to keep BB10, then there is a possibility that BlackBerry manufactures a small batch of new devices on demand.

What certainly will never happen is that cancellor Merkel uses a phone that can be compromised just by receiving a MMS.

I figure the safe bet (the enterprise approach) is to prohibit her from getting MMS messages at all, but point taken.
    01-05-17 10:01 AM
    Doubble hit the wrong button

for the reader who noticed....
    CB moderators are full of censorship, keeps on deleting even comments that are ironical...which don't even attack anyone in the forum, so conclusion is to only post meaningless and foolish chit-chat this days!
    Last edited by hobgoblin1961; 01-06-17 at 06:53 AM.
    01-05-17 11:22 AM
    And in other news, water is wet.
    Shhh....don't tell anybody. Didn't you read your agreement?
    01-05-17 12:30 PM
    But.... But...
    01-05-17 12:33 PM
    When the hardware software and partners align. I expect there to be more. That is why they wont say it because it can happen when the time is right.
    What part of the TCL deal that gives them exclusive rights to using the BlackBerry name for most of the world is not understood. For NA, SA, Europe and a few other regions TCL is THE Hardware Partner for BlackBerry.
    01-05-17 01:31 PM
    When the hardware software and partners align. I expect there to be more. That is why they wont say it because it can happen when the time is right.
    Don't forget Jupiter.
    01-05-17 03:48 PM
    So if we can get that proton torpedo directly into the waste shaft..... there's a chance?
    Far too many heads in the way, for effective penetration.
    TgeekB likes this.
    01-05-17 09:58 PM
    So if we can get that proton torpedo directly into the waste shaft..... there's a chance?
    01-06-17 12:50 AM
    What I find interesting is that BlackBerry did not mention the future 10.3.4 release to show future commitment to BB10. I think this would be a strong statement of future support. I have not heard BlackBerry comment on 10.3.4 for quite sometime.
    01-06-17 12:51 AM
    What I find interesting is that BlackBerry did not mention the future 10.3.4 release to show future commitment to BB10. I think this would be a strong statement of future support. I have not heard BlackBerry comment on 10.3.4 for quite sometime.
    It's now much more likely that they just don't know what the hell they're doing anymore.

••• вℓα¢квєяяу ραѕѕρσят ѕιℓνєя є∂ιтιση •••
    01-06-17 12:59 AM
    I envisage more BlackBerry 10 devices but in Indonesia only so we'll have to order them from there. (best case scenario)

Posted via CB10
    01-06-17 02:19 AM
    This is funny and sad at the same moment:
    Claiming full commitment, because of 10.3.3 - a software that was already finished in the end of 2015.

That also means: They are fully committed to hardware!
    Because the Leap is just 2 years old!

Posted via CB10
    01-06-17 02:35 AM
    I envisage more BlackBerry 10 devices but in Indonesia only so we'll have to order them from there. (best case scenario)

Posted via CB10
    Really unlikely - nobody is going to spend the money on the chipsets if BBRY isn't. Even then same problems that have always exist (no consumer interest, no ecosystem).
    01-06-17 03:56 AM
    Not much of a news, and still shocks me how many people here - in a supposed blackberry fans forum- enjoy the fact that os10 is almost gone...
    01-06-17 10:13 AM
    Not much of a news, and still shocks me how many people here - in a supposed blackberry fans forum- enjoy the fact that os10 is almost gone...
    Nobody enjoys that fact. But people need to let go. We're mostly adults here, but there's an unnerving obsession over a phone OS coupled with a childlike fantasy that said OS is going to ever be relevant. Grasping at straws and denying reality is more shocking than a few folks accepting the truth.
    01-06-17 10:50 AM
    Nobody enjoys that fact.
    Oh no, I'm totally enjoying the show.
    01-06-17 11:00 AM
    BB10 has never been strong in Indonesia - they were a BBOS stronghold, primarily because of cheap phones, BIS unlimited data plans (when 2G was all they had), and of course, BBM. Few in Indonesia would even notice if BB10 went away.
    01-06-17 11:22 AM
    Nobody enjoys that fact. But people need to let go. We're mostly adults here, but there's an unnerving obsession over a phone OS coupled with a childlike fantasy that said OS is going to ever be relevant. Grasping at straws and denying reality is more shocking than a few folks accepting the truth.
    I agree with you, don't get me wrong. But I can tell you that it looks like a lot of folks are really enjoying themselfs.
    01-06-17 02:02 PM
    I agree with you, don't get me wrong. But I can tell you that it looks like a lot of folks are really enjoying themselfs.
    I find the grasping and denying entertaining. BB10 is a cool bit of technology but it flopped. Folks figure it out at their own pace. Somebody has to be last and I want to be there at the finish line to see it.
    TgeekB and StephanieMaks like this.
    01-06-17 02:19 PM
    BB10 is a cool bit of technology but it flopped.
    Yup. Never had the traction and they lost billions in it. They would never head down the BB10 road again.

They have their reasons why they are not officially announcing the death of BB10, but the reality is its finished.
    01-06-17 03:00 PM
    Timing is everything. BlackBerry had bad timing or things could have been much better.
    01-06-17 04:06 PM
    Timing is everything. BlackBerry had bad timing or things could have been much better.
    Yeah like 3 years prior, and wake up from that pile of BIS cash earlier.
    TgeekB likes this.
    01-06-17 04:10 PM
94 1234