Maybe Bla1ze thought it was pretty evident.

Or maybe Bla1ze wants to wait till he has seen or heard something official.... The MobileSyrup article doesn't say who said this, and doesn't even have direct quotes.
    This. On all accounts. As I noted in the thread - http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...-dead-1096516/

Stating the obvious. However, I expect a clarification blog post is being worked up or some sort of 'official' announcement lol. As we know from the past, comments from one person can be taken out of context, even when coming from higher ups.

*cough* BBM servers being moved to Indonesia *cough*.
    However, without any attribution, the info just kinda exists like it has for months now lol. Until they put out a straight up notice or genuinely EOL it like they have so many other products, it's just lingering info. I wish they would serve a real notice.
    Gimme someone to point the fury at or at least an official document, otherwise, it's just..meh.
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    01-05-17 12:53 AM
    I believe they could produce a small batch of completely new devices any time, provided their enterprise customers are willed to pay.
    So you think that smartphone components are sitting on the shelf somewhere and all someone from BlackBerry has to do is order the parts and they get overnighted to the factory for assembly? "Hey, it turns out that we need about 25K more of these Passports for a government customer so can you call Foxconn and have them get these ready for next month? Oh, you might as well update the processors and get a nice spec bump while you're at it."
    DrBoomBotz and Tien-Lin Chang like this.
    01-05-17 12:55 AM
    So you think that smartphone components are sitting on the shelf somewhere and all someone from BlackBerry has to do is order the parts and they get overnighted to the factory for assembly? "Hey, it turns out that we need about 25K more of these Passports for a government customer so can you call Foxconn and have them get these ready for next month? Oh, you might as well update the processors and get a nice spec bump while you're at it."
    I think a small campaign with maybe 2 million devices is absolutely possible, even if that means that OS 10.3.5 needs to be developed, including new drivers and testing.
    I would not expect these devices to be cheap, though.

Not saying this will happen, but on the other hand I simply can't imagine that people like the German cancellor Merkel will ever use an iPhone or any Android.

Posted via CB10
    tomasek.bilek likes this.
    01-05-17 01:30 AM
    This one clarifies what "committed to BB10" means:
    Originally Posted by MobileSyrup
    Though “committed to BB10” there will be no new hardware device released running on the OS, ever again. The commitment is to keep updating the operating system in order to support the hardware devices that are out in the wild or still sitting in retail inventory. BlackBerry says it has topped manufacturing these devices anyway.
    Which is what any normally functioning person thought it would mean, although the OS still has the vim and vigor of a coma patient.

How is it you all missed this update within the same reports.

Update 4:45 01/04/16: BlackBerry reached out to MobileSyrup to reiterate its commitment to BB10, citing the recent release of BB10.3.3 as an example. Furthermore, a representative of the company says, “Regarding new BlackBerry 10 hardware, the company hasn’t commented on the future roadmap.”

01-05-17 01:50 AM
    I think a small campaign with maybe 2 million devices is absolutely possible, even if that means that OS 10.3.5 needs to be developed, including new drivers and testing.
    I would not expect these devices to be cheap, though.

Not saying this will happen, but on the other hand I simply can't imagine that people like the German cancellor Merkel will ever use an iPhone or any Android.

Posted via CB10
    I think the cost would be prohibitive.

I don't think Chancellor Merkel would have a problem switching, if the device is properly vetted. I don't think she has a special affinity to BBRY devices; she was approved to use a Secusmart-backed device if memory serves me correctly.

Of course, mostly conjecture on my part. I do feel the BBRY name isn't enough of a selling point in and of itself anymore.
    01-05-17 01:56 AM
    What about the rumor that Crackberry and Android Central will be renamed CRACKANDBERRY DROID CENTRAL
    with the cleaner cut "face" of Android Central and the signature "Attitude" that IS CrackBerry!

As of yet no evidence has been uncovered that talks about talking about a reality show have been talked about.
    01-05-17 02:09 AM
    I think the cost would be prohibitive.

I don't think Chancellor Merkel would have a problem switching, if the device is properly vetted. I don't think she has a special affinity to BBRY devices; she was approved to use a Secusmart-backed device if memory serves me correctly.

Of course, mostly conjecture on my part. I do feel the BBRY name isn't enough of a selling point in and of itself anymore.
    The only point about BB10 is security.

Android still has Stagefright issues, they just have patched the mediaserver this month.
    And overall iOS isn't really more secure than Android.

A totally modified Android could be an alternative, but that doesn't sound like a cheap option either.

My impression is that there are still a few million BB10 users in 2017, and if this user base is willed to keep BB10, then there is a possibility that BlackBerry manufactures a small batch of new devices on demand.

What certainly will never happen is that cancellor Merkel uses a phone that can be compromised just by receiving a MMS.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-17 02:35 AM
    How is it you all missed this update within the same reports.

Update 4:45 01/04/16: BlackBerry reached out to MobileSyrup to reiterate its commitment to BB10, citing the recent release of BB10.3.3 as an example. Furthermore, a representative of the company says, “Regarding new BlackBerry 10 hardware, the company hasn’t commented on the future roadmap.”

Translation: we're still trying to swindle a moron to buy that pile of unsold POS Leaps. So don't make it public yet.
    01-05-17 05:44 AM
    Translation: we're still trying to swindle a moron to buy that pile of unsold POS Leaps. So don't make it public yet.
    Cannot be that many left? They stopped making them a while back I think.

Out of interest can we actually pinpoint (to the month) when the last BB10 phone was likely made?
    01-05-17 06:03 AM
    Don't forget that we have 10.3.4 to look forward to this Year. :-)
    01-05-17 06:12 AM
    is this news????
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    01-05-17 06:27 AM
    is this news????
    Not really, but enough for another round of "OMG Chen killed BB10" threads.

/general-blackberry-news-discussion-rumors-f2/blackberry10-dead-1096516/
    01-05-17 06:46 AM
    Cannot be that many left? They stopped making them a while back I think.

Out of interest can we actually pinpoint (to the month) when the last BB10 phone was likely made?
    Hard to tell... I mean they're still selling the "perfect, best phone of my life" Passport, and some are rushing to stock up on Passport SEs, yet they still have them.
    01-05-17 06:47 AM
    Well Trump might pay enough to do so. But he doesn't want no stinkin' phone from a Canadian company built in Mexico.
    01-05-17 07:38 AM
    Don't forget that we have 10.3.4 to look forward to this Year. :-)
    It's hard not to forget.... none of the recent announcements of their on going commitment to BB10 mention it anymore.

In their correction to MobileSyrup that would have been a clear indicator of their "commitment".
    01-05-17 08:01 AM
    In other words, the BlackBerry Rep was correct, but spoke out of turn.
    Oh Lawd... how many more months of "they never said they wouldn't"?? BB just needs to officially say what most already know, but some refuse to accept.
    01-05-17 08:30 AM
    Oh Lawd... how many more months of "they never said they wouldn't"?? BB just needs to officially say what most already know, but some refuse to accept.
    Why... what would it gain them?

Might be the "right" thing to do, and might open a few eyes or vindicate a few others.... but it would do nothing to help the business, and probable in fact would hurt it. BlackBerry is a business...
    01-05-17 08:43 AM
    I'm thinking they will announce something when Blackberry hardened nougat is available. Then they will be able to say that they have achieved security parity with Android.
    01-05-17 08:43 AM
    I'm thinking they will announce something when Blackberry hardened nougat is available. Then they will be able to say that they have achieved security parity with Android.
    They did mention some time ago BlackBerry will get Android NIAP this year.
    01-05-17 08:54 AM
    Hard to tell... I mean they're still selling the "perfect, best phone of my life" Passport, and some are rushing to stock up on Passport SEs, yet they still have them.

Blue and white Classics are still being sold on ShopBlackBerry UK at £385.00 each. $475 dollars is a lot to spend on something that won't even run WhatsApp in five months' time.
    01-05-17 09:01 AM
    Why... what would it gain them?

Might be the "right" thing to do, and might open a few eyes or vindicate a few others.... but it would do nothing to help the business, and probable in fact would hurt it. BlackBerry is a business...
    Most other software companies publish clear product lifecycle guidelines so that purchasing organizations know exactly how long their investments will be supported. I am not aware of any other reputable software business that jealously hides its product lifecycles as BlackBerry does, announcing out of the blue that they are dropping a product within a few months. What company would want to buy lots of BB10 handsets at this stage?
    01-05-17 09:03 AM
    Blue and white Classics are still being sold on ShopBlackBerry UK at £385.00 each. $475 dollars is a lot to spend on something that won't even run WhatsApp in five months' time.
    Indeed, it's very expensive for a BBM phone.
    01-05-17 09:05 AM
    Update 4:45 01/04/16: While our information regarding the death of BB10 stems from a reliable source, BlackBerry reached out to MobileSyrup to reiterate its commitment to the proprietary operating system, citing the recent release of BB10.3.3 as an example.

Furthermore, a representative of the company says, “Regarding new BlackBerry 10 hardware, the company hasn’t commented on the future roadmap.”

STILL OPEN AND ALIVE
    01-05-17 09:12 AM

STILL OPEN AND ALIVE
    You're not getting sucked into that again, are you?
    ddp_in likes this.
    01-05-17 09:15 AM
    When the hardware software and partners align. I expect there to be more. That is why they wont say it because it can happen when the time is right.
    01-05-17 09:16 AM
94 1234