Surely we've all noticed that Crackberry postings are getting thinner and thinner. It's just cheap offerings for accessories; no substance about the future of Blackberry BB10 or even anything material about the Priv other than where it has been launched. After 15 years, even I have to admit that Blackberry as I know it as a consumer product is over. I'm so sad. Stuart

Posted via CB10
    Ya every time I drive by the BlackBerry buildings in Waterloo I feel sad for the once Great company and their employees .
    03-13-16 08:28 AM
    Wow how do so many get attached to a phone? I guess we all like out phones but to get depressed and angry? like the person said earlier go out and find some real issues and problems around you!
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    03-13-16 09:09 AM
    I tend to agree with OP. Most talk is about Android. I think CB is desperate for BlackBerry content. Let's face it, if they weren't posting articles about Android content there wouldn't be much.

I also feel upset that there were so many missteps with BlackBerry on their hardware. Once, the majority of people around me had BlackBerry's. Now only three and two are looking at other makers.

BB10 is like betamax.

Posted via CB10
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    03-13-16 09:17 AM
    Because I don't want an Android. I like being different with something that looks cool. Also all the apps and function I like I'm finding on the Windows store. I loved BB blend, but it's quickly becoming stagnant with no apparent plans to take it a step further. Windows has plans that really look like something.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-16 10:15 AM
    I am too for the HP X3.

My Z30
    - full touch
    - stereo speakers
    - OS10

Priv
    - Slider
    - No stereo speakers
    - Android.

HP X3
    - full touch
    - stereo speakers from B&O
    - Win10 but better than Android

So the X3 meets my needs more than the Priv.
    Had BlackBerry make an adequate Z30 follower with the specs of the X3, than I would stay with BlackBerry.

Posted from my Z30 (10.3.2.2876 patched 2813 ART)
    Why would you need godly specs for a phone without apps? Like when will you use those specs? When you run a benchmark?

Posted from my PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    Velocitymj likes this.
    03-13-16 10:17 AM
    Definitely agree, OP. Decent crackberry articles are getting really scarce. I know there isn't much BlackBerry news these days but it's obvious they aren't even trying. Probably 80% of articles these days are advertisements or have nothing to do with BlackBerry. Sad that it's come to this.

Posted via CB10
    What would you have them write about? Do you have some BB10 news that you can share with the group that would be a great read for the members of CrackBerry? Please share all of the information you have on upcoming BB10 devices and software updates that are forthcoming, because we'd all love to hear about them. I'm sure B1aze would be happy to give you a writing position since you feel they are lacking and aren't providing you the content you want. Thanks!
    MikeX74 likes this.
    03-13-16 10:42 AM
    Why would you need godly specs for a phone without apps? Like when will you use those specs? When you run a benchmark?

Posted from my PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    To some, the value is placed on productivity, integration and functionality over an ecosystem co-dependent upon a vast and arbitrary app market. Benchmarks in regards to browsing and native apps are far greater in value to me than those applied to a plethora of random, trendy apps... Personal preference is all it comes down to...

I have the Priv and toggle between Android and Windows Phones on my secondary line, but you won't find droves of apps on my devices, I just don't use them. Despite having an Android and my full pick of apps available at my discretion, I choose not to partake and opt for a native experience instead. I recognize and accept that I am not in the majority as per users' preferences, but I am certainly not alone in my stances either... Something others should attempt to recognize and accept...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CivilDissident; 03-13-16 at 11:03 AM.
    Flatman and crackberry_geek like this.
    03-13-16 10:48 AM
    What would you have them write about? Do you have some BB10 news that you can share with the group that would be a great read for the members of CrackBerry? Please share all of the information you have on upcoming BB10 devices and software updates that are forthcoming, because we'd all love to hear about them. I'm sure B1aze would be happy to give you a writing position since you feel they are lacking and aren't providing you the content you want. Thanks!
    I agree, some of the readers are harsh... Props to CB for attempting to keep the site active as much as possible without delving into speculation/rumors and going all 'tabloid' like some would. Unfortunately, CB cannot simply generate events and make news happen... I do appreciate the information on QNX that is tossed around when available, as well as BlackBerry's business acquisitions and such, but as far as devices go, what more do they have to go on? It'd be nice if CB staff could just crack out BlackBerry devices, 3D print them #LikeABoss, but alas, that's not in their wheel-house... And as much as I'd love to see an influx of BB10 news and app exposure, kind of hard to do when nothing is popping on this front and when the majority of BB10 apps have been abandoned and left to die by developers. (Much love and props to those developers still remaining dedicated, I know there are still a few of you out there, and I for one truly appreciate and notice the loyalty and love.) But at the end of the day the Android powered Priv and Android based apps ARE about the only things happening, so CB writes about it. Like it or not the Priv (and Android) are a part of BlackBerry now, there is no looking back. All in all, CrackBerry has simply been doing what they can to keep the site legit and functioning... Otherwise it could just become another vacant, abandoned, BlackBerry site that pushes out malware to its' visitors, a fate too many have suffered... I find CB's attempts noble at the very least and respect them for their efforts. Can't shoot the messenger, after all...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CivilDissident; 03-13-16 at 12:00 PM.
    03-13-16 11:02 AM
    At least wait until the HP Elite x3 phone comes out. That's when I'm jumping ship from my Z30. Adios BlackBerry. It's been swell.

Posted via CB10
    I've heard the HP elite x3 is pretty nice.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-16 11:16 AM
    When there's actual BlackBerry news, I'm positive CB will post it. People want blood out of a turnip.

And calling folks with a different opinion "trolls" and "haters" will really get you far on the internet...

I guess the ideal Crackberry for some will be nonstop "BlackBerry is great!" articles with no real facts or substance. We can all give each other high fives and hugs and sing Kumbayah while BlackBerry market slides to closer and closer to zero.

CB is the one paying the price for BlackBerry's failures, you know. Fewer articles = less readership = less revenue. If they really wanted to drive everyone away, they'd just shut the website down.

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless
    03-13-16 11:17 AM
    Blackberry hardware users give up why? our phones still work and there is support for a while so there is no reason to be sad or give up, diehard users will continue with their BB10 phones so look on the bright side and enjoy using probably the best operating system ever produced while you can.
    03-13-16 11:40 AM
    Blackberry hardware users give up why? our phones still work and there is support for a while so there is no reason to be sad or give up, diehard users will continue with their BB10 phones so look on the bright side and enjoy using probably the best operating system ever produced while you can.
    Exactly! I even still run BBOS devices on my 3rd/burner line... Alternate between my 9900 (recently it plummeted and suffered a broken screen so I have to repair it) 9780 and 9700. Browser isn't what it used to be and in fact, in most cases, is inadequate and the security patches haven't been updated in almost 5yrs, longer for the older devices, so I don't use these devices to access anything of pertinent interest. There isn't a selection of apps available, but I don't use apps much to begin with. However the calendar, email, messengers, phone and SMS function fabulously, the devices are truly pocket companions, perfect in size and meant for one-handed functions, perfect when on the run or in less than ideal daily circumstances...

Same will remain with BB10. It will be useful and serve its' purpose for me until it ceases to function. I love my Classic and am looking into the SE Passport as an alternate on my daily driver line in the future (I admit, I didn't give the Passport it's due accolades at launch, prematurely got rid of it ,something I regret -it was ugly in Black and red, but in Silver it is hawt!- but since then I have a new found lust for the device). Apps don't matter, but the ease and sensibility of use, integration and functionality of BB10's OS is something that I still hold an appreciation for... Now more than ever as I realize this may be as far as the OS goes... Just makes me love it more... "Don't it always seem to go, you don't know what you've got til it's gone..." #Truth

Posted via CB10
    03-13-16 11:55 AM
    BlackBerry and BB10 are far from dead.

Posted via CB10
    How is Mr Rourke and Tattoo doing these days?
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    03-13-16 01:01 PM
    To some, the value is placed on productivity, integration and functionality over an ecosystem co-dependent upon a vast and arbitrary app market. Benchmarks in regards to browsing and native apps are far greater in value to me than those applied to a plethora of random, trendy apps... Personal preference is all it comes down to...

I have the Priv and toggle between Android and Windows Phones on my secondary line, but you won't find droves of apps on my devices, I just don't use them. Despite having an Android and my full pick of apps available at my discretion, I choose not to partake and opt for a native experience instead. I recognize and accept that I am not in the majority as per users' preferences, but I am certainly not alone in my stances either... Something others should attempt to recognize and accept...

Posted via CB10
    OMG! Every time I hear the word productivity used for BB I want to puke. I've used all three of the platforms available today. While BB does handle mail better that is really it's only advantage. Even that advantage is small. perhaps .02% small. If the device was so superior in so many areas it would not be the long dead device that it is. Even BB knows this. They dont even put their own OS on their device anymore. Even with the switch in OS, the Priv is another dud! BB made a fatal mistake many years ago. They failed to keep up and refused to accept that the market was changing. They took the attitude of Hey, We are BB and we are the best device out there. We all see how that worked out. How many of you have the PB? I still remember what happened when TH said that it was no longer being supported and no new development was going into it. I see quite a few threads of members trying to rationalize the direction and the devices that are showing up. It's comical! The devices have been duds! There is no saving this. Truly a sad state because i loved BB devices. If you read enough of the posts here you will notice one theme that is recurring. Excuses for substandard products.
    StephanieMaks likes this.
    03-13-16 02:10 PM
    [QUOTE=khlover520;12315514]BlackBerry and BB10 are far from dead]
    Blackberry had better come up with some decent hardware to go along with BB10 or it will will be!
    03-13-16 03:15 PM
    OMG! Every time I hear the word productivity used for BB I want to puke. I've used all three of the platforms available today.
    Once again, as originally stated, I, myself, use all 3 platforms (BlackBerry, Android and Windows). I'm just saying when I have something that I seriously need to get done, I do it from my BlackBerry. Everything I need to accomplish is done in the most organized, integrated, accessible manner with my BlackBerry. The other OS' are fine, but each one flawed in their own way... BB10 is the platform that best meets all my essential prerequisites and (most importantly) better suits my needs... I consistently choose my Classic even though I have a choice to use other platforms and/or devices, 90% of the time you will find me with a BlackBerry in my hand.

Posted via CB10
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    03-13-16 03:21 PM
    [QUOTE=Wilsonia Goldens;12317528]
    BlackBerry and BB10 are far from dead]
    Blackberry had better come up with some decent hardware to go along with BB10 or it will will be!
    Aint happenin
    03-13-16 03:34 PM
    Everything changes.
    03-13-16 03:50 PM
    Absolutely correct. These days with all the information from the internet I usually know exactly what I want when I go into a retail store and no sales clerk could ever change my mind.

Posted via CB10
    Because they are usually less informed, to level that's often downright ridiculous for someone working "in the industry".... :-)

Do they not open or read any tech news of any kind? ...

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    03-13-16 04:41 PM
    At least wait until the HP Elite x3 phone comes out. That's when I'm jumping ship from my Z30. Adios BlackBerry. It's been swell.

Posted via CB10
    From one dying platform to another platform with much uncertainty of its future. I hope you are not doing it for the sake of being different.
    PygmySurfer likes this.
    03-14-16 01:11 AM
    yes blackberry as a company has changed which it badly needed, how ever thy need to get back to thinking like a start up.... by putting everything on the phones even if it news small margins
    03-14-16 04:57 AM
    Ya me to. Just lost another BlackBerry user my friend went today to get a new phone. He thought he was going for passport. The sales talked him out of it and now he has a galaxy. Thanks BlackBerry for sticking it to us. And giving us an over priced android pos. Ya I am ticked off to. For the passed 2 years all users on Crack berry have been shouting what we want and yet have never got it. I hate to say it but BlackBerry will be gone soon
    Seems as though many Blackberry users do not understand basic business ! there are not enough of you diehards to warrant the investment in BB10 (Mainly due to BB themselves taking so long over everything) Chen has dipped his toe into Android waters to see if there is a market there for BB if not then I guess that will be the end of the hardware, and they will become a software security company, and slowly fade away, but you cannot blame a company (or person) for lack of investment in a failing system.

By my fab z30
    03-14-16 07:19 AM
    From one dying platform to another platform with much uncertainty of its future. I hope you are not doing it for the sake of being different.
    Have to agree.... I bought a Windows tablet last year, and I watched Windows 10 being released with a lot of hope that the desktop marketshare added to mobile would bring developers. Sadly that isn't happening, and even the developers that did bring their apps over to Windows - after much negotiation with Microsoft.... many haven't bothered to update their year old plus apps. And here in the US, Verizon seems to have no interest in any of the newer Windows powered phones.

Last I looked Windows had lost about 50% of their marketshare last year...
    03-14-16 07:24 AM
    BlackBerry have never been about high-end, all-touch phones and part of the reason for their demise is that they wasted money on developing such phones.
    03-14-16 07:57 AM
    Last I looked Windows had lost about 50% of their marketshare last year...
    If we're going to express our "sadness" over the fortunes of mobile platforms, to me this is sadder than what's happening to BB10, and I don't even own a Windows phone. That's because I'm resigned to the fact that as the mobile market has matured, only the big players have the resources to compete (as is the case in pretty much all technologies). BlackBerry isn't a big player, regardless of what might have been. But Microsoft certainly is, so I hoped that with WP10 they'd get some traction. It's not happening, but there's still a chance for the Surface Phone in October or so.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    03-14-16 08:11 AM
66 123