BB could outsource the manufacture of the rumoured Android PKB for Feb-ish 2017 (I call it the Priv 2, but that's me) to another manufacturer, as they have done with the DTEK. Though, I don't know of any manufacturers who are already manufacturing and selling a device that would be remotely similar to a Priv, or physical format like a Classic or slider. It'd be a gamble if there are none.
    A few years ago, Dell manufactured a Windows Phone with nearly the same design as the Priv. Sure, they don't manufacture it anymore but because of it, they do have experience with that design. They probably have a few of those lying around somewhere so they could have another look at it to create an updated version for BlackBerry called the Priv 2.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  ,Passport (OG Red) <3
    09-25-16 12:02 AM
    A few years ago, Dell manufactured a Windows Phone with nearly the same design as the Priv. Sure, they don't manufacture it anymore but because of it, they do have experience with that design. They probably have a few of those lying around somewhere so they could have another look at it to create an updated version for BlackBerry called the Priv 2.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  ,Passport (OG Red) <3
    A fair point indeed. I had forgotten about the Venue 8.
    Vistaus likes this.
    09-25-16 12:49 AM
    Had a better keyboard than the Priv

BlackBerry hardware division shutting down?-dell-venue-pro-000.jpg
    09-25-16 08:23 AM
    That's a REALLY nice looking keyboard!
    09-25-16 08:37 AM
    Actually it's called the Venue Pro. Venue 8 is an 8-inch Android Tablet.
    09-25-16 08:48 AM
    What would be the point of blackberry continuing a hardware division?? To design phones specs to put on android devices?

The negative posts here are not because we hate blackberry. We love blackberry and who they used to be

No, we hoped that blackberry would listen to customers talk things out.

With the priv and the dtek50, no one I know has heard of them. I was surprised at this. I am not an android fan and thought that at least the android fans would have had at least or more enthusiasm for them.

The armchair CEO in me says that if Blackberry chooses to not go directly after Samsung and Apple then they might as well be Blu. That won't cut it with their assets and they may as well sell what they have in inventory and short term hardware shipments and exit.
    ryanza likes this.
    09-25-16 03:36 PM
    BlackBerry did launch around or about 10OS devices ( not sure on the exact count) assume this is listening to customers. Now did the customers not buy the devices enough is a clear fact that made BlackBerry decide to launch their version of Android phones. People say here never of them? Remember BlackBerry has focused towards enterprise and we DO not see hear or what companies purchase. This is not public. Feel that BlackBerry is making a comeback slowly and will see this on Wednesday when they announce the next hardware devices. Stay calm we have BlackBerry for a long time.

Posted via PRIV and or Passport SE
    09-25-16 03:48 PM
    The popularity and reason for Knox and iPhone making inroads was the popularity of consumer.
    09-25-16 06:18 PM
    The popularity and reason for Knox and iPhone making inroads was the popularity of consumer.
    What is Knox?
    Last edited by tbonecopper; 09-25-16 at 07:03 PM.
    09-25-16 06:53 PM

What is Knox?
    Short version :
    Samsung's idea of phone / Android security... :-)

�   "Chenterprise. We are the future. Resistance is futile. Prepare to BBe... "   �
    tbonecopper likes this.
    09-25-16 11:54 PM
    Short version :
    Samsung's idea of phone / Android security... :-)

•   "Chenterprise. We are the future. Resistance is futile. Prepare to BBe... "   •
    Ahhhh like the Vertu Certainty software... gotcha. Thanks!
    09-25-16 11:56 PM

What is Knox?
    Samsung don't hurt me

Vote for your most important features in the Rome: http://www.poll-maker.com/poll799422x8fEe47C8-32
    09-26-16 07:52 AM
    BlackBerry Direct hardware has ended over a year ago. Now the future is Indirect hardware: software plus third party sourced hardware! This will allow BlackBerry to market the most secured and best devices on the market. Have no doubt Black is Back! That is BlackBerry is back.

09-26-16 08:06 AM
    Black is Back!
    Of course... Apple announced the stunning Jet Black iPhone. It takes courage to do that.

(/s)
    09-26-16 08:09 AM
    Of course... Apple announced the stunning Jet Black iPhone. It takes courage to do that.

(/s)
    You mean the Ultimate easy scratch phone.

09-26-16 08:13 AM
    You mean the Ultimate easy scratch phone.

(/s) stands for sarcasm.
    09-26-16 08:32 AM
    They could try to sell just good hardware for third party OS. There is not good keyboard devices in the market., for example I wouldn't mind to buy a good BlackBerry qwerty device to use with sailfishOS.

Eh, not many people care anymore. For most of us these are probably the last BlackBerry phones. With the software available on android now there really is no incentive to even own a blackberry anymore. Even the dtek is just another android clone. Heck even icrap will have blackberry software. Guess to be different will have to go with a Linux phone.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android

Posted via CB10
    09-26-16 08:47 AM
    It definitely depends on perception. Prior to aquiring Nokia was Microsoft in the hardware business? Is Google in the hardware business?
    Microsoft sells Surface Pro tablets and they are one of the largest game console sellers. They may also keep their toes in phones if they announce a Surface phone.
    09-26-16 02:44 PM
    Microsoft sells Surface Pro tablets and they are one of the largest game console sellers. They may also keep their toes in phones if they announce a Surface phone.
    Good point on XBox. Yeah, I kinda lump the tablets in with the time of the Nokia purchase (within a year or so wasn't it?). Anyway, yes, they are more of a hardware company than they were in the past. Not sure on the mobile phone business going forward.
    09-26-16 02:47 PM
    I think it's a good move!
    09-29-16 11:32 AM
    It is very good decision by Blackberry to shutdown the hardware division, actually they should shutdown whole smartphone division and should concentrate in other business security features. Smartphone business is not for blackberry.
    02-23-17 12:49 AM
    Actually Blackberry should stop whole smartphone business (hardware/software) why to invest in something which is not profitable at all. Who is most secured men "The one who lives in jungle (Forest) and does not own any property and devices to connect with world."
    02-23-17 12:59 AM
122 ... 345