What else were you going to do tonight, lol. You're in Halifax, right? What about you ToniCipriani? I'm in Toronto.

I say we get together at a Pub some night and hash it out, lol
    Well, you see, that's thing. I got nothing better to do so here I am. But yeah, Halifax, which coincidentally has a ton of pubs.
    09-23-16 10:50 PM
    What else were you going to do tonight, lol. You're in Halifax, right? What about you ToniCipriani? I'm in Toronto.

I say we get together at a Pub some night and hash it out, lol
    You're trying to get him drunk and spill insider info?

(I'm in Toronto too, BTW. North of.)
    09-23-16 10:53 PM
    Well, you see, that's thing. I got nothing better to do so here I am. But yeah, Halifax, which coincidentally has a ton of pubs.
    Indeed, I've been there and YES, they do, haha. Waiting on ToniCipriani for the triangulation...
    09-23-16 10:54 PM
    i don't think its gonna shut down based on two reasons:
    1. almost imminent dtek60 release
    2. Chen mentioned in one of the conferences that the handsets division (mobility solutions) consists of both hardware and software components (hardware being phones and software being software licensing). I believe he merged those two entities in hopes of inflating handset revenues. I might be completely off but its seems like the merger that is mobility solutions is a strategy to give handsets a lifeline by balancing out the losses from handsets and the high margins of software licensing.
    09-23-16 10:55 PM

Annex. Dupont and Spadina.

Bla1ze / Chris? Tons of Micro Brewerys in Toronto, great selections my friend. Just ask ToniCipriani!
    09-23-16 10:57 PM
    Annex. Dupont and Spadina.

Bla1ze / Chris? Tons of Micro Brewerys in Toronto, great selections my friend. Just ask ToniCipriani!
    No doubt. If I'm around, I'll be sure to give ya a heads up. I don't get there as often as I would like but I do make 1-2 trips per year.
    09-23-16 11:00 PM
    No doubt. If I'm around, I'll be sure to give ya a heads up. I don't get there as often as I would like but I do make 1-2 trips per year.
    For sure, anytime. And we'll grab Toni and whoever else and do a downtown pub crawl.
    09-23-16 11:06 PM

Small world.
    09-23-16 11:43 PM
    Small world.
    You're in Toronto? Or you got Chris drunk?

If you're in the GTA, please add yourself, hah.
    09-23-16 11:47 PM
    You're in Toronto? Or you got Chris drunk?

If you're in the GTA, please add yourself, hah.
    Uh, I'm not drunk?

Don't mind me, I'm just trying to make this confusing.

Vote for your most important features in the Rome: http://www.poll-maker.com/poll799422x8fEe47C8-32
    09-24-16 03:32 AM
    What a fun thread... :-)

�   "Chenterprise. We are the future. Resistance is futile. Prepare to BBe... "   �
    09-24-16 06:32 AM
    Uh, I'm not drunk?

Don't mind me, I'm just trying to make this confusing.

Vote for your most important features in the Rome: http://www.poll-maker.com/poll799422x8fEe47C8-32
    No, he's referring to "CrackBerry*EiC Chris Parsons,*better known as @Bla1ze".

http://mobilesyrup.com/2016/09/22/ra...ars-on-kijiji/
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    09-24-16 06:55 AM
    I think it's true. Near the end of Quarter report. And there are massive sales on BlackBerry phones. Huge discounts haven't seen before. It's done. And my Q10 may be the last BlackBerry phone I ever have. I have no idea what I'll go to once this thing dies. But i'll try my best to last as long as it can.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-16 09:22 AM
    These rumors have been circulating for years. I think these "news" outlets are just repeating them hoping that some day it will happen so they can say: "See! We predicted this years ago!"

If BlackBerry intended to shut down their handset business why would they go to the trouble of releasing the PRIV in Korea this month after not selling phones there for years?

It's certainly not to sell off remaining PRIV inventory because it's not inexpensive to launch a device in a new country.

Chen has repeatedly and consistently stated that handsets are an iconic part of BlackBerry and essential to their end-to-end security offerings. They may no longer produce or design the phones in-house (although I do hope they still design some of their phones in the future), but they can certainly utilize their partnerships with Foxconn and TCL to make BlackBerry-branded handsets. The billion dollar question is can they figure out a way to make it profitable.

I think we'll know a lot more after next week.

Posted from my Q10 via CB10
    09-24-16 09:35 AM
    They're foisting that dog upon Korea? South or North?

The BlackBerry 'Schiavo' would've been a better name--and far more appropriate.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-16 10:08 AM
    09-24-16 11:17 AM
    Even though they do it......, there is nothing wrong this is there decision. Problem is that what will happen afterwords peoples will be having good choice of devices from other manufacturers and can have blackberry software installed on it. Any way if you are provider then you must listen to the customers and should have good understanding of global market.

And as a blackberry lover, I will be staying tuned to them one or other way.
    09-24-16 11:34 AM
    Why is it so hard to put a difference between design and manufacturing. BlackBerry designed the PRIV and Winston built it, that's how Apple operates too.

Now they have no hardware design (I know because I was part of that team). So all designs will be done by other companies. BlackBerry will only be doing the software.
    StephanieMaks likes this.
    09-24-16 12:57 PM
    Yes it makes much more sense for them to invest millions into BB10 and hardware that loses money every quarter.
    BlackBerry will live on ONLY if they focus on the software business, they've lost the hardware battle.
    My guess with this whole hardware ending rumour is that BB10 will be announced as end-of-life. They may continue to offer Android phones or abandon that as well and instead sell a BlackBerry experience set of apps (more than the current offering) especially since Chen said with Android Nougat it will be as secure as BB10.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-16 12:57 PM
    Why is it so hard to put a difference between design and manufacturing. BlackBerry designed the PRIV and Winston built it, that's how Apple operates too.

Now they have no hardware design (I know because I was part of that team). So all designs will be done by other companies. BlackBerry will only be doing the software.
    So who is designing the PKB device that BlackBerry has already said is coming?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-24-16 01:53 PM

Not sure they look at a bunch of different option when making a contract. Classic was fully designed by Foxconn so it's not anything they have not done before.

It's just even cheaper to take already designed hardware like Idol4.
    09-24-16 01:55 PM
    For sure, anytime. And we'll grab Toni and whoever else and do a downtown pub crawl.
    Okay now that you have my attention OVERLEA and Thorn cliffs Park (near Science Center)

Posted via CB10
    09-24-16 01:56 PM
    Not sure they look at a bunch of different option when making a contract. Classic was fully designed by Foxconn so it's not anything they have not done before.

It's just even cheaper to take already designed hardware like Idol4.
    Was the Passport the last BlackBerry-designed phone they sold?

09-24-16 02:00 PM
    Was the Passport the last BlackBerry-designed phone they sold?

Priv was fully in house as well but yes to Passport variants. Also Z30, Z10, Q10, Q5.
    09-24-16 02:05 PM

Plemty of devices get announced and never made.

Or are you saying I should sit tight because the Palm Foleo IS coming?

09-24-16 02:05 PM
122 12345