I've been seeing a lot of posts lately regarding BlackBerry hardware and how it should be better. With the exception of the Z10 and Z30 (because I've never seen one in person), I think their hardware is fantastic.

However, my bachelors was in Mechanical Engineering so when I think of exceptional hardware, I think of the ability of a phone to sustain it's pristine condition over the duration of ownership, without the use of a case. I've been sporting my Q10 naked since I got it 4 months ago and the only immediately noticeable scratch is on my space bar. It's done very well.

So what is it that people want? Would you rather the scratch resistant black coating on the stainless steel band be removed to give it a "silver" look, or do you really prefer aluminum for its lightweight? I have a hunch that many people don't actually know the difference. All I know is that if my phone were made out of aluminum, I'd be terrified to drop it. I find comfort in knowing that the most important device on my body can take an accident and look just as good as the day I got it.

I personally do not want BlackBerry to produce a phone with aluminum. If it's the aluminum color that people want, that's fine just don't paint the stainless band. I just don't want company employees searching the forums to actually implement aluminum, compromising the structural integrity of the device when removing paint would suffice.

Posted with my Q10!
    12-31-13 11:17 AM
    Personally I never had a problem with the build quality of any of my BlackBerry phones or tablets, too me they always feel well made and sturdy. But I do put otterbox cases on almost all my devices, just in case. However there seem to be a number of people who have issues with their BB mobile device build quality. I mostly used BB7 phones, Playbooks and a Z10 for a short time, maybe something did change between then and now..

Sent from my Samsung S3 using CB Forums mobile app
    12-31-13 11:29 AM
    I prefer the same band as I have on my 9900. I have dropped it naked with no damage to the band.
    12-31-13 12:13 PM
    I prefer the same band as I have on my 9900. I have dropped it naked with no damage to the band.
    Stainless steel is the way to go for sure

Posted with my Q10!
    12-31-13 12:40 PM