For me if someone do criminal things it's better BlackBerry give all their personal data, I can't imagine if some pedofil or psikopat use BlackBerry and BlackBerry didn't want to give the data for police investigation... I can't imagine if the criminal take my family or my children...

Posted via CB10
    06-11-16 10:40 AM
    For me if someone do criminal things it's better BlackBerry give all their personal data, I can't imagine if some pedofil or psikopat use BlackBerry and BlackBerry didn't want to give the data for police investigation... I can't imagine if the criminal take my family or my children...

Posted via CB10
    So it's OK, though, if said paedophile has a job and can afford BBM Protected?

Feels terribly inconsistent to me, and very poor brand positioning as a result.
    06-11-16 11:53 AM
    So it's OK, though, if said paedophile has a job and can afford BBM Protected?

Feels terribly inconsistent to me, and very poor brand positioning as a result.
    I agree with you. It makes no sense to have BBM protected for the consumer, unless it provides no protection.
    Same goes for BES in Pakistan at least.
    06-11-16 01:00 PM
    It's WRONG that BlackBerry would provide this information WITHOUT a court order, it's NOT a issue if there is this, however, the news articles suggest that BlackBerry has been doing so without proper COURT ORDERED scrutiny and that is a BIG problem.

Any Corporation that has a standard form printed, that's acts as a check list for anyone asking for information held by that corporation is committing illegal acts and should be dealt with.

BlackBerry has been silent on the issue and that begs the question as to the accuracy of the reports and lends credence to them, BlackBerry CANNOT issue any statement that goes along the line that they are guided by "moral obligations " it's NOT sufficient. Who appointed them the "MORAL POLICE".

If this is true BlackBerry would be losing not only the hardware war but the essence of their business which is built on PRIVACY!

BlackBerry must now come clean. This is an urgent matter and can't be swept under the rug.

There are foreign Governments who persecute and prosecute individuals and these Governments are in control of their judiciary, does this mean that BlackBerry would weigh their " moral obligations "? Or would they use CANADIAN LAWS as their threshold?

Posted via CB10
    06-11-16 03:26 PM
    It's WRONG that BlackBerry would provide this information WITHOUT a court order, it's NOT a issue if there is this, however, the news articles suggest that BlackBerry has been doing so without proper COURT ORDERED scrutiny and that is a BIG problem.

Any Corporation that has a standard form printed, that's acts as a check list for anyone asking for information held by that corporation is committing illegal acts and should be dealt with.

BlackBerry has been silent on the issue and that begs the question as to the accuracy of the reports and lends credence to them, BlackBerry CANNOT issue any statement that goes along the line that they are guided by "moral obligations " it's NOT sufficient. Who appointed them the "MORAL POLICE".

If this is true BlackBerry would be losing not only the hardware war but the essence of their business which is built on PRIVACY!

BlackBerry must now come clean. This is an urgent matter and can't be swept under the rug.

There are foreign Governments who persecute and prosecute individuals and these Governments are in control of their judiciary, does this mean that BlackBerry would weigh their " moral obligations "? Or would they use CANADIAN LAWS as their threshold?

Posted via CB10
    This post reminds me of people I like to call......wrong.
    06-12-16 08:20 AM
    Wrong only in the sense that Blackberry doesn't consider requests at all. They've handed the encryption key over and the RCMP just gathers what they want at will.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/rc...fted-1.3629222
    06-12-16 08:40 AM
    This post reminds me of people I like to call......wrong.
    Your response reminds me of people I like to call "uninformed "!!!!

Posted via CB10
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    06-13-16 04:29 AM
    Maybe you should watch for movie "Enemy of the State" to understand what most people are saying.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=enemy...80.yDK2F0N50BU

I like the link that says NSA didn't like like Enemy of the State.

Also check out an old 1990s TV series called "Nowhere Man". Then compare it to what we are hearing and seeing about our governments. Including Brainwashing/reprogramming. With every episode ending with the people chasing the hero always showing up in the City or town he is hiding out in, because he has been microchipped.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=nowhe...68.55U9DkaA97I

You can't forget George Orwell's 1984 written in 1949.

You have heard of George Orwell's 1984?

https://www.google.ca/search?q=georg...68.WTsLIWekIFs

Posted via CB10
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    06-13-16 07:28 AM
83 ... 234