During COVID time I've had the opportunity to bring out some of my older devices, swap SIMS and have some fun.

My K2 was having some issues so I first grabbed my Passport. Loaded up GooglePlay and got my social media apps that I needed... almost everything I needed to use - with the exception of a current Tim Horton's app and one banking app along with my work email (which is a buzz kill because I could do without everything else)

Funny part was getting used to the USB cords for bb10 devices and the USB C but I found them ...

The Passport was fun...nostalgic...easy to use despite the difference in keyboards. I got the most pleasure out of using it. Sadly due to being indoors all the time, it's kinda hard to show off the Passport to get the usual "ooo's and ahhh's" from friends and co-workers but for me... tons of fun. The PP felt so good using...I didn't want to put it down. The fun feeling of surfing the CrackBerry forums and site on the PP made me long for the days of bb10.

Obviously switching between apps was slower than K1 or K2 but it was a fair trade off for me.

Opened up the other box and there was my Classic *insert sounds of angels in heaven here*

Flipped everything over to my Classic and man oh man was that a blast. My muscle memory was right on and it felt like I never left. Same issues with getting my work email syncing but 95% of my stuff can still get done on BB10 - less the speed because it's a tad slower.

Grabbed my KeyOne and everything loads fine ... looks awesome and damn did it feel good in the hand. It felt like you were holding a real phone.

So back to Key2 now everything is running well and you can really tell the difference in speed going between apps on K1 and K2. I know full well they do get slower as they age (like we all do) but ranking the fun/satisfaction of each

Passport
    Classic - but not too far behind
    KeyOne
    KeyTwo

Ive also got a Q10 and Z10 but for some reason my SIM didn't work in there.

What BlackBerry device gives you the best feeling...most satisfaction in the hand where you don't want to put it down?
    05-16-20 04:56 PM
    Without a doubt, 9900
    idssteve likes this.
    05-16-20 04:59 PM
    Without a doubt, 9900 [IMG=1024x768]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200516/e10422453bf915efe639de8fa247bb2d.jpg[/url]
    Oh if I'm going back to BBOS ... 9900 & 9000 are it. Oh ya they were awesome.
    playfoot and bb9900user2018 like this.
    05-16-20 05:12 PM
    Oh if I'm going back to BBOS ... 9900 & 9000 are it. Oh ya they were awesome.
    I like smaller phones.
    05-16-20 05:13 PM
    Like you during this quarantine period rediscovered my Passport SE yes PLAYSTORE UP N RUNNING, all my work / personal emails perfectly,my social media, you tube although browser love how can zoom in and out during playback and even downloaded this great game very addictive and catchy music from BlackBerry world Kiwi Wonder! With the amazing sound from Passport it's great! Also surprised how to I missed putting on the alarm and bedside mode! Yes my KEY2 Red Edition was there near by...but damn the Passport SE felt good.
    05-16-20 05:46 PM
    I loved my Z10 because it was such a departure from other phone UIs. My favourite has to be the Z30 though. That phone rarely let me down.
    05-17-20 12:19 AM
    Five months into "retirement" and three months into self imposed "covid quarantine", many of the keys on this five month old ATT 9900 are already worn unreadable... I look at the thing so rarely that the wife pointed out the KB paint wear before I ever noticed! Lol. Plenty of spare KBs on hand to swap in, if demanded for appearances sake, but THIS well worn KB is just in its prime for exquisite satisfaction of "snap" this model is so famous for... Comforting satisfaction of well worn old shoes? Lol.

Despite "retirement", doing my best to support coworkers, clients and colleagues thru an unprecedented period of transition has seen this old friend of a phone in hand more than EVER. Yes, K2LE still prevails for App Appliance duties. BUT, for shear thought to thumb text communication satisfaction, Dakota still suffers NO challenge! From ANYthing bigger!! Imo. Fwiw.
    RaybanRJ and FrankUnderwood like this.
    05-17-20 07:27 AM
    While I have gotten used to the conveniences of Android on my KEY2LE I would love a 9930 rounded keyboard with the swipe gestures and size of Q10 and the speed and app selection of the Key2le!
    FrankUnderwood likes this.
    05-17-20 08:33 AM
    I sometimes miss the satisfaction of killing a call with a nice sharp press of the toolbelt call end button.
    05-17-20 12:32 PM
    For me, it's either my old 6210 from 2002 or my Z10.

Z10 = BB10 + VKB > iOS + Android
    FrankUnderwood likes this.
    05-17-20 01:23 PM
    Five months into "retirement" and three months into self imposed "covid quarantine", many of the keys on this five month old ATT 9900 are already worn unreadable... I look at the thing so rarely that the wife pointed out the KB paint wear before I ever noticed! Lol. Plenty of spare KBs on hand to swap in, if demanded for appearances sake, but THIS well worn KB is just in its prime for exquisite satisfaction of "snap" this model is so famous for... Comforting satisfaction of well worn old shoes? Lol.

Despite "retirement", doing my best to support coworkers, clients and colleagues thru an unprecedented period of transition has seen this old friend of a phone in hand more than EVER. Yes, K2LE still prevails for App Appliance duties. BUT, for shear thought to thumb text communication satisfaction, Dakota still suffers NO challenge! From ANYthing bigger!! Imo. Fwiw.
    Anyone that NEVER had a Dakota will EVER be able to appreciate or comprehend the intricacies of this post, or the fine CrackBerry keyboard that feels like you’re breaking icicles under your fingers when you sink into it ;-).

Funny that we like the smaller blackberries from days of Yore but people scoffed that we still used them in 2016+ but when Apple makes their new SE on the smaller size based on a design from 2014 (iPhone 6) it is heralded by the tech media as the most brilliant and important phone of the year, LOL. People are asking the question on YouTube, would people buy a Samsung galaxy S5 with an old body but a brand new snap dragon chip in it, and the answer is invariably “NO!” Don’t get me wrong I love my iPhone 8 because it’s smaller but there’s something special about the older BlackBerry phones like our 9900’s and I would definitely buy a brand new one today if they made it exactly the same size I don’t care if I have to wear magnifying glass bifocals to see it I want one!

Yet there is something about the smaller form factor and being able to use a device one-handed and being able to put it in your pocket and not confuse it for sitting on a brick while in your car
    05-17-20 04:35 PM
    Anyone that NEVER had a Dakota will EVER be able to appreciate or comprehend the intricacies of this post, or the fine CrackBerry keyboard that feels like you’re breaking icicles under your fingers when you sink into it ;-).

Funny that we like the smaller blackberries from days of Yore but people scoffed that we still used them in 2016+ but when Apple makes their new SE on the smaller size based on a design from 2014 (iPhone 6) it is heralded by the tech media as the most brilliant and important phone of the year, LOL. People are asking the question on YouTube, would people buy a Samsung galaxy S5 with an old body but a brand new snap dragon chip in it, and the answer is invariably “NO!” Don’t get me wrong I love my iPhone 8 because it’s smaller but there’s something special about the older BlackBerry phones like our 9900’s and I would definitely buy a brand new one today if they made it exactly the same size I don’t care if I have to wear magnifying glass bifocals to see it I want one!

Yet there is something about the smaller form factor and being able to use a device one-handed and being able to put it in your pocket and not confuse it for sitting on a brick while in your car
    The smaller BlackBerry devices were MUCH easier to read than my iPhone SE. BlackBerry optimized its phones for reading emails, not displaying designs that add no value. My iPhone SE screen is > 20% larger than my Z10 screen, but it displays only 1/4 the number of emails per screen AND uses smaller, harder to read text.

It just makes no sense at all if the goal is to help people get their work done.

RaybanRJ, bh7171 and playfoot like this.
    05-18-20 09:47 AM
    Classic- The zenith for me of PKB and feel in hand of a BlackBerry. HUB, track pad and toolbelt perfection.
    BE Key One- Excellent feel in hand and overall best performing BlackBerry for Android apps.
    9900-a focusing camera away from BBOS 7 perfection
    Passport-never could get used to form factor or PKB. Super snappy on 801 and good camera. Wished my Classic had that 801!!

Slabs
    Z10-perfect one handedness and best feel of a slab device
    Z30-loved the battery life and stereo speakers
    Farmbboy and FrankUnderwood like this.
    05-18-20 09:47 AM

Yep. Sadly, it's become blindingly obvious that quite a few around here really weren't the "power users" I'd assumed they were many yrs ago. So few will ever know what they never knew. Lol.

Interestingly, I'd expected that working retirement from home might make my giants easier to live with. As things turned out, I have even less use for the giants here at home with easily accessed flat panels. Giants aren't big enough to adequately assist view but they're too big for satisfying typing. Mostly useless for MY in-home activities. Other than as App appliances. Imo.

Bold's "icecicle snap" kb IS addictive in truly enchanting ways! SOME of us truly seek excuses to type MORE! Lol. Neural transmitters responding to physical stimuli might prove addictive? ?? Idk. I do know my left thumb nail truly suffers some sort of withdrawal after a few days without typing on a 99... Lol. "Satisfying" that addiction frequently leads to some satisfyingly extended typing sessions... Lol. Kevin coined his famous term well before slabs dominated... Afaik.

Enchantingly satisfying as this exquisite kb is, MOST of MY satisfaction derives from work progress accomplished by day's end... IF the 25hr day ends... Lol. Fatigue forced my giant LE into its charging cradle first week of this hermitage. I'm able to process a good 30-40% more workload per day with "Agent 99.00" in hand. Coworkers, clients and colleagues agree. Only coworkers who've armed themselves with Bolds approximate my daily work progress. Once again, day after day, numbers conclusively validate Bold's superior pedigree... VERY satisfying sense of accomplishment. For OUR "personality types". Lol.

Once again, SOooo many may never know what they never knew! Lol.
    Last edited by idssteve; 05-18-20 at 10:06 AM.
    RaybanRJ likes this.
    05-18-20 09:50 AM
    After using a Pearl 8100, Bold 9900, Torch 9810, Classic, Passport, KEYone, and KEY2, I'd have to hand it to the...

Classic!

The sculpted keys and "click" feel are better than my current KEY2, the speed difference is crazy though. The keyboard is pretty good on the KEY2 and the responsiveness and ability to run every app I throw at it make up for the keyboard's shortcomings.

The Classic's size is perfect, the toolbelt in tandem with BB10 was beautifully integrated and the typing and swiping experience is very smooth.
    05-18-20 10:15 AM
    Yep. Sadly, it's become blindingly obvious that quite a few around here really weren't the "power users" I'd assumed they were many yrs ago. So few will ever know what they never knew. Lol.

Interestingly, I'd expected that working retirement from home might make my giants easier to live with. As things turned out, I have even less use for the giants here at home with easily accessed flat panels. Giants aren't big enough to adequately assist view but they're too big for satisfying typing. Mostly useless for MY in-home activities. Other than as App appliances. Imo.

Bold's "icecicle snap" kb IS addictive in truly enchanting ways! SOME of us truly seek excuses to type MORE! Lol. Neural transmitters responding to physical stimuli might prove addictive? ?? Idk. I do know my left thumb nail truly suffers some sort of withdrawal after a few days without typing on a 99... Lol. "Satisfying" that addiction frequently leads to some satisfyingly extended typing sessions... Lol. Kevin coined his famous term well before slabs dominated... Afaik.

Enchantingly satisfying as this exquisite kb is, MOST of MY satisfaction derives from work progress accomplished by day's end... IF the 25hr day ends... Lol. Fatigue forced my giant LE into its charging cradle first week of this hermitage. I'm able to process a good 30-40% more workload per day with "Agent 99.00" in hand. Coworkers, clients and colleagues agree. Only coworkers who've armed themselves with Bolds approximate my daily work progress. Once again, day after day, numbers conclusively validate Bold's superior pedigree... VERY satisfying sense of accomplishment. For OUR "personality types". Lol.

Once again, SOooo many may never know what they never knew! Lol.
    I equate enjoying the icicle KB of the 9900 addiction as being akin to eating large amounts of chocolate, it seems to release the same endorphins.

As you say, wanting to type more on that device is probably why my Resurgence thread was huge, basically it was the fun of cracking the keys.

My 9780 had the most stiff keys I can recall and it was tiring after 4 hour sessions on BBM with your girlfriend (especially if there was a relationship issue) ;p

I have to say a nice compromise for second best keyboard would have to be the 9790 I had that only lasted for four months. The keys were as easy to press as the 9900 but didn’t have the same breaking icicles experience as a 9900. The 9790 had more spongy soft keys but it was definitely better for the long run if you were a heavy heavy user. On the 9790 you would press about halfway and then the pressure gave way to a collapse, not as clicky but not bad either.

It’s funny that we talk about small phones versus large phones, a good friend of mine bought an iPhone 11 Pro Max just because “it’s the biggest and the best” And he recently shattered the screen because it wouldn’t fit in his pocket, so he tried putting it in his shirt pocket and when he bent over it fell right out. He had it in a folio case but there isn’t much protection on them. (Unless it is an OtterBox Strata maybe) Now he’s actually looking at getting the smaller iPhone SE but it will definitely be a challenge for him to go back to re-learning the home button from Gestures, and the massive bezels. These are things I actually prefer.

Also the fact that the 9900 had that rubberized edge around the sides on the back and you never needed a case with phones like that, it just seemed to stick to your fingers.

Could you imagine if a company like Apple ever put a rubberized ring grip built into the case, it would probably put cell phone case companies out of business!
    Last edited by RaybanRJ; 05-18-20 at 11:53 AM.
    playfoot and FrankUnderwood like this.
    05-18-20 10:55 AM
    The smaller BlackBerry devices were MUCH easier to read than my iPhone SE. BlackBerry optimized its phones for reading emails, not displaying designs that add no value. My iPhone SE screen is > 20% larger than my Z10 screen, but it displays only 1/4 the number of emails per screen AND uses smaller, harder to read text.

It just makes no sense at all if the goal is to help people get their work done.

I’m trying to remember if there was a setting on the 9900 for making the text larger? I haven’t played with the settings for a long long time but I do like that like the zoom feature on the iOS software. Since I started to wear contact lenses I do like adjusting the size of the text to make it a little easier to read.
    05-18-20 10:58 AM
    I’m trying to remember if there was a setting on the 9900 for making the text larger? I haven’t played with the settings for a long long time but I do like that like the zoom feature on the iOS software. Since I started to wear contact lenses I do like adjusting the size of the text to make it a little easier to read.
    Options-Display-Screen Display-Font Size.... Font & other visibility options. Also apps & browsers frequently included font options. Default still suits me... even as my arms got shorter... lol.

I frequently fatigue of two handed "pinch zoom" out and "miles" of thumb scroll on my android stuff and end up just openning large pdf diagrams on 99, always available "I" zooms in. "O" zooms out. Trackpad scrolls & pans. All single hand, single thumb...All while thumb NEVER occludes any portion of display. Gotta zoom no matter how huge the display is. Just as well be "satisfyingly" easy...
    FrankUnderwood and RaybanRJ like this.
    05-18-20 11:34 AM
    As one who has not stopped using the 9983, and at times the Q10, I would have to say these phone(s) provide the most satisfaction. However, I do still miss the "smiley keyboard" for absolute ease of typing . . . However, my carrier gave up BBOS many many moons ago, and I have been on BB10 since the day it arrived, albeit half baked, on the scene.
    RaybanRJ likes this.
    05-19-20 02:45 AM
    I really like all my BB10 devices, and I always liked my old BBOS devices for pure simplicity.

I would say the BB10 device that gives me the most satisfaction is the Z30, believe it or not. The screen is easy to see in all conditions, the processor could keep up most of the time, the battery could last all day, the speakers sounded great, the microHDMI came in handy more than once, and even though I prefer my physical keyboard (using a Q10 lately), having all that screen space while still not feeling like an obnoxious slab of Chinesium was pretty great.

Heck, I think I'll fire it up tonight. School is done for the year and I have a few weeks to just relax. Might be time to get them all out and do a comparison video.

Posted via CB10
    gebco likes this.
    05-20-20 06:25 PM
    Passport SE was my favorite phone of all I've ever owned. if it weren't for the app issue I never would have moved on.

Returned the Titan for a refund. Headphone volume was no better than the Key1. Passport could drown out everything with my same headphones. beyond that some android apps weren't playing nice with the square screen. oh well
    05-21-20 06:51 AM
    Classic one hand calls, emails
    But the passport performance.. damn. I really need an updated classic (not the key sorry guys I respect your key, but I need BB10 and toolbelt)

Posted via Classic
    bb9900user2018 likes this.
    05-22-20 04:48 PM
    Any device with a physical qwerty keyboard that is the equivalent of BlackBerry (or similar) would be fine for me.

From my BlackBerry Key2 LE on Freedom Mobile LTE or 3G HSPA+
    05-23-20 12:46 AM