Hey guys I just wrote a blog post about how I want Blackberry, to give me the ball and let me run with it. A blog entry about a commercial that they need for the A10!

The Wu Empire: Blackberry Give Me The BALL!! President Wu's Hot Something

Anyone can cut and paste into here but then I dont think you get to see the pictures and they are important to understand the idea.

Let me know what you think!!
    07-29-13 12:18 PM
    Hey guys I just wrote a blog post about how I want Blackberry, to give me the ball and let me run with it. A blog entry about a commercial that they need for the A10!

The Wu Empire: Blackberry Give Me The BALL!! President Wu's Hot Something

Anyone can cut and paste into here but then I dont think you get to see the pictures and they are important to understand the idea.

Let me know what you think!!
    You seem to have a good idea it has all the rainbow niceness the world wants but more importantly you have an idea to help BlackBerry which doesn't seem to bad at all. They should give you the ball and with some minor changes let you run with it. Good overall idea. Anyone not agreeing is self centered. Good Job Evan
    07-29-13 12:37 PM
    I think you genuinely have a good base for a social media campaign.. I think it might be a good idea to take it a step further and get people like Jesse and Jeana, the Fine Brothers, Nice Peter/Epic Lloyd.. people with a big presence and lots of followers to go hands on with some BBRY devices, film some segments, take behind the scenes set shots, that sort of thing then have a short format follow up ad with their impressions (positive _And_ negative) to at least get the interest levels up, get more people talking about the brand and potentially get some more brand advocates out there who are often networking with other YouTube folks.
    Last edited by paper_monkey; 07-29-13 at 01:14 PM. Reason: typos..
    07-29-13 01:13 PM
    Great idea, the business idea i think was the best, showing the meeting first than walking through a door showing business people are not boring stiffs, they're real people who like to have real fun too.

Love the real world example of multi-tasking with the BF vs GF example to, great idea!!!

I could picture that whole commercial as you described in my head as i was reading, i think your ideas are bang on, they really should use all of them as the story line of a commercial.

Make a commercial entertaining (business people Harlem shake would be epic haha) and you will envoke a good feeling in people while your associating it with BlackBerry.

The only thing I got out of their keep moving ads was that catchy song, NOTHING about blackberry or what they are.

Posted via CB10
    Jerale Hoard likes this.
    07-29-13 01:51 PM
    Thanks for the comments guys. It just tiring to see nothing groundbreaking in their commercials. Some times you gotta try something else look at sharknado for example LOL they tried something really different and it was a huge success for them

Sent from my HTC Vision using CB Forums mobile app
    07-29-13 04:32 PM
    You're ideas show that BlackBerry isn't just all business. That's what people associate BlackBerry for now and days. I mean I know they were made for the business person in mind but ever since the Bold 9900 was released it started to be a business and personal device with BlackBerry Balance. Hopefully they can get Kevin into their commercials. He'll be perfect to boost sales.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 05:51 PM
    Just show the phone being practicle thats it. They have alot of neat features then show them in a fun way.... Seriously im not sure why I even care. I dont have any vested interest in Blackberry aside from my playbook. The canadian aspect has nothing to do with it. I just like the brand but they really gotta grow a set over there. Everything is like keep positive no matter what and hold on.

I say take your cash pile and GO FOR IT. If you fail then sell yourself out. But taking this long boring painful road to a buyout is crazy.

Listen to me Blackberry just go nuts and you will be fine.
    07-29-13 06:06 PM
    OHHH I just realized why the marketing will play a huge role and why it needs to change. In my view right now the A10 just seems like a fat version of the Z10 and to the casual person they will probably think the same. Its why you need a totally different approach in the commercial to give the feel like the phone is its own thing.

Give me the Ball Blackberry im going for a touchdown!!! If not I feel like you will begin to look like Mark Sanchez last year. Sure your marketing team looks like they belong on the feild and they play poorly. Im like Tim Tebow you just gotta give me 1 chance. Dont be rex ryan learn from your mistakes!! PUT ME IN COACH!!!!!!!

07-30-13 06:16 AM
    Um, I'm not sure Tebow should be the ideal here.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 07:11 AM
    Ok Tebow in Denver

Man ive got some great ideas. I think im gonna mail, email and make a youtube video untill Blackberry listens to me.
    07-30-13 07:21 AM
    I fear you could put the best marketing behind the A10 and it still won't sell.
    Just like the Z10, Q10, Q5.

BlackBerry keeps doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

The A10 is just a big Z10. That didn't sell well. Thus something just like it but bigger is going to do no better.

BlackBerry needs to break out of the standard BlackBerry routine and phones.

Using a BlackBerry Z10 ** OS:10.1.0.4651
    07-30-13 09:29 AM
    You're ideas show that BlackBerry isn't just all business. That's what people associate BlackBerry for now and days. I mean I know they were made for the business person in mind but ever since the Bold 9900 was released it started to be a business and personal device with BlackBerry Balance. Hopefully they can get Kevin into their commercials. He'll be perfect to boost sales.

Posted via CB10
    How would Kevin boost sales in any way? He is an unknown outside of BlackBerry and this crackberry...

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 10:56 AM
    Sorry, I don't think this will fly. First, I don't know exactly how Balance will help me do anything useful. But let's assume I would figure it out. The critical thing is that as far as I can tell I don't even have BlackBerry Balance since I don't have BES for BB10. So you aren't going to get many consumers to buy BBs based on something that they probably won't need and won't get.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 01:57 PM
    Grumpy Cat Was the only name I recognized, not sure who any of those other people are. What market or demographic are you aiming specifically with this?

It seems as if you're trying to reach out to all demographics in which case it would be far better as a series of commercials focused on each particular demographic separately.

Sent from my 4s using TapaTalk
    07-30-13 02:44 PM
    you might want to start posting via a blackberry and not an HTC vision...it's kinda like Tebow doing a PSA for the Patriots while wearing a Jets jersey...just sayin

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 02:44 PM
    Funny im using HTC Desire Z the best qwerty IMO. Waiting on a blackberry horizontal qwerty.

The comercial target market are ranged 16-34 the ones who usually keep up with whats cool

07-30-13 05:32 PM