Whether BlackBerry has decided for now to focus on Prosumer or Enterprise or Software, gimmicks sell. Prosumers or Consumers are humans that have common basic traits and are susceptible to marketing gimmicks, whether consciously or subconsciously.

Many of us are aware that BlackBerry has the arsenal called TAT, based out in Sweden and it's safe to assume that the TAT group has had some crucial input in some of the "productivity" features on BB10. However I am simply baffled why BlackBerry has yet to unleash all the gimmicks TAT is capable of? A steak without the sizzle is not quite the same; a cake without the icing is not quite the same etc. And BB10 phones without some "consumer" gimmicks is not wholesome or in other words will be considered lacking by the "beloved" media and critics.

Finally, Facebook recently introduced a new feature called "Paper" ( a You Tube link below) which eerily looks like some demo by TAT way back in 2009 and this morning on CB, a developer will be launching an app called TILT that also eerily looks like a recent demo by the Sweden TAT, so I can't help but wonder what is really going on with BlackBerry. Is it all talk at BlackBerry land?

Maybe, BlackBerry should just "Shut Up and Sell" like Craig Lawn (Author) would say.

TAT Video:

FB Video:
    Lofti1 likes this.
    02-07-14 10:21 AM
    Let me ask you this. If people cannot figure out swiping up and down for answering phone calls and Blackberry had to change this to left and right, how do you think people are going to figure out stuff like in the TAT Fold Out UI?
    02-07-14 10:28 AM
    Let me ask you this. If people cannot figure out swiping up and down for answering phone calls and Blackberry had to change this to left and right, how do you think people are going to figure out stuff like in the TAT Fold Out UI?
    if they like it, they will use it.
    02-07-14 10:31 AM
    Let me turn the question around and ask, how do you think FB users will figure out how to use "Paper"?
    02-07-14 10:36 AM
    There's a post that was recently made on the CB front page, it's an app called TILT, I think it's a UI overhaul, check it on this link below

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=y...ure%3Dyoutu.be

The video itself was done nicely, reminiscent of what 15 second ad is supposed to entice your curiosity. So would you say that this is the type of thing we need, ya know 'Gimmick' because the simple visuals and interactivity SHOULD adhere to the masses

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 10:41 AM
    Isn't the android player a gimmick? But yes, some gimmicks sell.
    02-07-14 10:59 AM
    Let me turn the question around and ask, how do you think FB users will figure out how to use "Paper"?
    Do we know yet if paper has been well received and used by users? It is very new. We all know how the facebook phone worked out. or didn't.
    02-07-14 11:17 AM
    Do we know yet if paper has been well received and used by users? It is very new. We all know how the facebook phone worked out. or didn't.
    I guess we don't, but the hype is there because you and I are aware of it. Time will tell
    02-07-14 11:31 AM
    There's a post that was recently made on the CB front page, it's an app called TILT, I think it's a UI overhaul, check it on this link below

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=y...ure%3Dyoutu.be

The video itself was done nicely, reminiscent of what 15 second ad is supposed to entice your curiosity. So would you say that this is the type of thing we need, ya know 'Gimmick' because the simple visuals and interactivity SHOULD adhere to the masses

Posted via CB10
    There is video demo by Gary Klassen "BBM founder" on CB sometime during the later part of 2013 but I can't find it. TILT is eerily similar to it.
    02-07-14 11:34 AM
    Oh wow I didn't know the flip was from TAT but TAT does license UI themes to other OEMs. Well actually I believe that the people who left had something to do with the app.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 05:53 AM
    I think most of the TAT designers have moved on but they are responsible for the clock, phone answering, and some of the other features in bb10. Just my thoughts

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 06:10 AM
    the picture password thing is a great example of a practical gimmick!!

its actually become the best wow feature on the bb10.. Everyone i show thinks its great!!
    02-08-14 07:05 AM
    I think most of the TAT designers have moved on but they are responsible for the clock, phone answering, and some of the other features in bb10. Just my thoughts

Posted via CB10
    Hmm, I thought the SunRise team in Florida was responsible for the clock.
    02-08-14 07:17 AM
    the picture password thing is a great example of a practical gimmick!!

its actually become the best wow feature on the bb10.. Everyone i show thinks its great!!
    What is awesome about a picture password?
    02-08-14 07:29 AM
    Hmm, I thought the SunRise team in Florida was responsible for the clock.
    So I'm guessing you never saw the video the people who used to be a part of TAT put together to show off TAT work in BB10? The clock was one of the features they showed.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 08:28 AM
    Its just a good feature. have you tried it or shown it to someone else?

If you do you'll see what i mean
    02-08-14 08:34 AM
    Isn't the android player a gimmick? But yes, some gimmicks sell.
    No. Gimmicks are more of a wow factors for BB10 to show off what fancy special tricks it can do. The Android player is just to attract Android Devs to port their apps over to BB10 and possibly develop a native app.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 08:34 AM

It's makes BlackBerry more secure because the numbers don't stay in the same place. This is what's considered a gimmick. Something that would wow someone. I would even say BB10 is a gimmick in its own right.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-08-14 08:38 AM
    Its just a good feature. have you tried it or shown it to someone else?

If you do you'll see what i mean
    I don't have BB10. My bank uses a pic but maybe this is different. Nothing awesome about my banks implementation lol.
    02-08-14 09:08 AM
    I don't have BB10. My bank uses a pic but maybe this is different. Nothing awesome about my banks implementation lol.
    Check this clip. It explains picture password

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 09:32 AM
    Check this clip. It explains picture password

Posted via CB10
    Kind of neat. Seems someone could get more lucky guess that way though.
    02-08-14 09:39 AM
    maybe you should try a BB10 phone. Who knows, you might become a convert.
    02-08-14 09:46 AM
    maybe you should try a BB10 phone. Who knows, you might become a convert.
    Still on the fence and still waiting.
    02-08-14 09:57 AM
    What are you sing right now?

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 10:07 AM
    Be daring; you won't be sorry. I use my Z30 & 10 extensively for my professional work plus my kids play also sorts of games on it and I can honestly say the phones are good. It's not perfect but then again, is there any perfect phone out there?
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-08-14 10:13 AM
28 12