Those who know about these things please forgive this dolt who understands nothing about mobile phones.

I have had blackberries for some time and my most recent one sudenly would no longer read the Sim card so I had to get a refurbished one as a replacement and now I wonder if I can buy a BlackBerry with a keyboard that will also be able to do Skype video calls, because I have only one arm and need a mobile phone that can be operated by one hand, because I am to be a one-handed cripple. I can't use so-called smart phones with one hand so blackberries are the only phones I can use.

If anyone can advise me I would be terribly grateful that I don't know what to get
    03-04-21 07:31 AM
    Those who know about these things please forgive this dolt who understands nothing about mobile phones.

I have had blackberries for some time and my most recent one sudenly would no longer read the Sim card so I had to get a refurbished one as a replacement and now I wonder if I can buy a BlackBerry with a keyboard that will also be able to do Skype video calls, because I have only one arm and need a mobile phone that can be operated by one hand, because I am to be a one-handed cripple. I can't use so-called smart phones with one hand so blackberries are the only phones I can use.

If anyone can advise me I would be terribly grateful that I don't know what to get
    There are no more BlackBerry devices that haven't reached their end of life.

I'd wait for the alleged new one being offered by Onward Mobility towards the end of this year.

The last BlackBerry sold was the KEY² LE, so if you must, perhaps you can find a used one at a half-decent price.
    03-04-21 08:58 AM
    There are some half way usable options for the BB10 class of BlackBerry's from (2013 - 2015).

Would be better to use one of the Android powered BlackBerries (2015 - 2018) for Skype. But in today's world you'd want to be very carful using a phone running an outdated OS that no longer gets monthly security patches. Be like using a Windows XP powered PC on an always connected network.

I'd look around at family and friends... what are they using, and of those devices, what might work for you.
    03-04-21 10:14 AM
    Since you would be using one hand to type, I would actually recommend an all-touch phone in your case for swipe typing, because the physical keyboards of the Android powered BlackBerry's are best used with two hands.

I'm very used to my KEY2 keyboard, but if I'm only using one hand, I'll be much faster on an all-touch slab phone because of the swiping functionality.

That said, I could recommend one of the new Pixel phones such as the 4a or 5, or Samsung S series phone, etc... many options when you don't want/need a keyboard.
    03-04-21 10:17 AM
    Since you would be using one hand to type, I would actually recommend an all-touch phone in your case for swipe typing, because the physical keyboards of the Android powered BlackBerry's are best used with two hands.

I'm very used to my KEY2 keyboard, but if I'm only using one hand, I'll be much faster on an all-touch slab phone because of the swiping functionality.

That said, I could recommend one of the new Pixel phones such as the 4a or 5, or Samsung S series phone, etc... many options when you don't want/need a keyboard.
    There is also the smaller iphones-se2020etc that are easy operated 1 handed.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-21 10:38 AM
    This year we will get two keyboard phones.
    One with Blackberry logo and one without.
    03-05-21 01:01 PM
    Care to elaborate?
    03-05-21 01:04 PM
    Care to elaborate?
    Unihertz ____________.

Onward Mobility __________.

Be he should have said "might" and not "will".
    03-05-21 01:05 PM
    Up to four at the most:

-F(x) Tec Pro 1-X

-Astro Slide

-Unihertz mystery PKB phone

-Onward Mobility 5G Berry
    Trouveur likes this.
    03-05-21 01:34 PM
    Up to four at the most:

-F(x) Tec Pro 1-X

-Astro Slide

-Unihertz mystery PKB phone

-Onward Mobility 5G Berry
    And maybe, with a miracle, we could get :

- the BlackBerry NewClassic+ 5G, running a brand new dual BB11 / Android OS

And ...

- the iPhone SEKey , running iOS 15, with a new integrated BlackBerry super secure software suite

Posted via CB10
    03-06-21 05:47 PM
    And maybe, with a miracle, we could get :

- the BlackBerry NewClassic+ 5G, running a brand new dual BB11 / Android OS

And ...

- the iPhone SEKey , running iOS 15, with a new integrated BlackBerry super secure software suite

Posted via CB10
    Lol... Miracles on that scale might warrant international holidays...

Throw in a 9900 remake on dual boot 7.2/Android and I'll certainly celebrate that holiday!
    03-07-21 08:41 AM
    Get an iPhone, Samsung or Pixel. Blackberrys day is over. If they would support the Hub you could have the best of both worlds.
    Last edited by Bfalcon1; 03-08-21 at 09:35 AM.
    03-08-21 05:38 AM
    if I could get a phone with a touch pad mouse like my BlackBerry Classic, I'd throw a party. Realized after getting my Key2 that the PKB is not all it's cracked up to be. The mouse was the thing I really loved.
    04-02-21 03:07 PM