I'm sorry but there is really nothing decent out for blackberry right now besides brickbreaker which comes preloaded in the phone. The fact that apple can put out HIGH quality games for 5 bucks each while were stuck with ugly call of duty which costs 15 bucks to buy, its insane. Is there anywhere to get decent games or will we just have to wait?
    04-14-08 05:59 PM
    If you are going to be negative on here, you aren't going to get anything but trouble. Is there something we can help you with?
    04-14-08 06:04 PM
    Go get an iphone then....I'll just enjoy my none-gimmick, work horse device.
    04-14-08 06:04 PM
    i don't think most people who bought a berry bought it for the ability for games, unlike a media phone which the iphone is. a berry is not designed over entertainment. hope this answers you.
    04-14-08 06:07 PM
    If i wanted games i would get an x-box 360, or PS3..
    04-14-08 06:09 PM
    If i wanted games i would get an x-box 360, or PS3..
    Seriously that's what my PC and my xbox 360 are for.
    04-14-08 06:10 PM
    Ditto that...if you want mobile games get a psp or nDS...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-08 07:55 PM
    I downloaded the trial version of Guitar Hero3.....I ROCK! ;-) but I think I understand what the frustration is, on those rare occassions when your not txt'n, IM'n, e-mail'n, listening to music, watching a movie, web surfing, or on myspace or facebook(so much to do who got time for games?) and you need to kill some time or amuse yourself it would be nice to have a little variety...brickbreaker and chess is good enough for me for now.
    Last edited by mrpd74; 04-14-08 at 08:10 PM.
    04-14-08 08:04 PM
    I bought GH III.

Dude, keep playing brick breaker. It's awesome!
    04-14-08 08:06 PM
    all i play is brick breaker.
    04-14-08 08:28 PM
    I doubt very much you are going to find any real intensive game on the BlackBerry. I got CoD4 for my PC, with all the buttons I smash in a minute I could not imagine a decent version for my BlackBerry.

And besides, it all depends what you like. Brick Breaker, chess, and soduko They make me happy. Probably the best game I've seen is Texas Hold 'em kings I had the second one and it kept me occupied, they are going to be releasing the third one which is suppose to be more online oriented, but I have been a poker fan for years, so it all depends what you like.

04-14-08 08:37 PM
    i don't know if its good or not, but have you tried The Sims for BB?
    04-14-08 10:42 PM
    Seriously, ever heard of a PSP? How abt u jus sell ur BB to someone who appreciates it, and while ur at it u can sell ur soul to the iphone idol worshippers...

(I tried to be nice...)

E

04-14-08 11:33 PM
    I downloaded Jetris ( a version of tetris) for free. Keeps me entertained during those unoccupied minutes.
    04-15-08 12:05 AM
    I got pacman and solitaire for free! I also have Tetris and Guitar hero III. They all ROCK on my BB. I suggest you to do a little research on what to do with your BB, there are so much FUN stuff to do. If the only thing you want to do is to have games, then get the iphone.
    04-15-08 12:06 AM
    again, people calm down.

he doesn't like the games for his BB. he's just stating his opinion.

anyway, what kind of games are you into?
    04-15-08 12:08 AM
    I've got Pacman, Spider Solitaire, Dope Wars, Disco Bowling, Pipes, Ka-Glom, Sudoku, Texas Hold 'Em Kings 2 and Midnight Pool (bought this one from AT&T).

I had the pool game on my last phone and needed it on this one. All the rest were free games and they definitely hold me over. The only other thing I'm looking for is a good golf/football/baseball game. Problem is, 99% of them are all ones you have to buy so I'm just holding off for now, I have plenty of games to tie me over. The poker game is great, you can sit at a single table with different limits, enter single table tournaments, multi table tournaments or even participate in the World Series of Poker. You have to keep accumulating as much money as possible, and the AI is pretty good.
    04-15-08 01:15 AM
    I don't like the choice of games for BB's either.

Sorry guys, the times when a BB was only for Enterprise customers are over - or at least RIM states it that way.

It's sad that apart from having a camera (I won't complain about how crappy that one is :P ) there is nothing that makes this phone really interesting for "Prosumers". It's also sad that over here in Germany you can't just bring your prone back to the store after a month and get a different one, but that's not RIM's fault.

I hate how the games look on the BB. On my old Windows Mobile 2003 phone I was able to get real 3D graphics, here everything looks like.... pixel-****....

It's not like I had been looking for a phone that has good games only and the BB really is great for texting, emailing and so on, but this is an area where RIM has to improve a lot.

I'd just love to be able to play some visually appealing game when I have some time....
    Last edited by Sayuuk; 04-15-08 at 06:27 AM.
    04-15-08 06:22 AM
    On my Pearl - Christmas pool, pacman, kaglom, bowling... and a couple others I've tried all looked good, easy controls and good time-wasters - and all free.
    04-15-08 06:29 AM
    The games on the BB are really just something to pass time so no need for advanced graphics and complex gameplay. I'd rather pay a high price for a phone that does all the internet, communications, etc really really good than get one that's focused on eye candy.

In fairness, Brickbreaker is a really good "passing-time" game. Graphics aint the best but gameplay is simply good. I played a lot of it the first few weeks I got my phone. Still playing it every now and then. I'm also hooked on Lingo right now (which is free). Can't wait for that poker game that does online multiplayer. I'd surely buy it.

04-15-08 06:35 AM
    PacMan is the shiat....I also got 'Tiny Ninja' from someone who posted a list of free games. TN only has one action function, but its a challenge to time each of the actions to achieve the necessary outcome. I can't get past level 21, my Ninja training is almost complete.

I'm King of Checkers. I also downloaded Cosmic Bowling and Poker which I rarely play. I do want to learn how to play poker, so the next time I'm bored....
    04-15-08 06:41 AM
    If you want games get a Wii. An iPhone is good for music, just don't drop it. If you want push e-mail and a great messaging device with a mobile phone get a crack berry!

Do you go to pizza hut when you want a steak?
    04-15-08 06:59 AM
    got pacman like it.... like everybody said above, Blackberry are not ment for gaming.. may be the next generation since now everybody get a Blackberry

anyway i so busy to text or browsing the web than i dont have time to play )
    04-15-08 07:40 AM
    Wow. Games on a blackberry? You learn something everyday. I thought it was a phone, not some lame toy that pretended to be a phone.
    04-15-08 08:07 AM
    Wow. Games on a blackberry? You learn something everyday. I thought it was a phone, not some lame toy that pretended to be a phone.
    the times when mobiles were only for making calls have been over for years, dude^^
    04-15-08 09:49 AM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD