Since the delay of BB10 I have been considering in going to another platform, but when you look around there is very little out there that compares for the money, than a BB mobile and a PlayBook. Together they are great, and I for one would not swap them even for an iphone and ipad one I can't afford them, two I am not an app nut, and three what more can they do that my bb devices can't. For communication, and surfing the Web, I am very happy with the BB package.

However if I just had a mobile things might be very different, apart from the brilliant battery life and solid reliability of the 9700, I think I would have tried some other make possibly a nokia lumia. But what affect would that have on the performance of my PlayBook, with the bridge effect gone.

On that note how many other BB users would change their mobile if it wasn't for having a PlayBook, or the other way round and ditch the PB for another tablet?

Why don't RIM sell a mobile and PB package at a reduced cost, I'm sure this would be a great marketing strategy.
    08-07-12 03:14 AM
    Well, if you got rid of your mobile phone your BlackBerry PlayBook will operate like any other tablet. When I mean any other tablet, I mean you will connect to the internet via a WiFi connection to browse the web, or download an app. You will of course loose BlackBerry Bridge features like Open on PlayBook, BlackBerry Remote, BBM, etc.

As for your comment about RIM making a deal when you get a mobile device (a BlackBerry) you would get a discount on the PlayBook.I think that is a good idea, but with the already low cost of a BlackBerry PlayBook you run the risk of devaluing the product, but that's just my opinion.
    08-07-12 03:23 AM

On that note how many other BB users would change their mobile if it wasn't for having a PlayBook, or the other way round and ditch the PB for another tablet?

Why don't RIM sell a mobile and PB package at a reduced cost, I'm sure this would be a great marketing strategy.
    Here in Australia, Vodafone had a deal that if you bought a 9790 you got a Playbook for free. Didn't really catch on.
    08-07-12 03:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD