To be exact, I worked for the BlackBerry Support team under a BPO company, but they recently laid off most of the people in both day and night shifts, so now I'm out of a job and looking for a new one. They only kept the Indonesian team since that's their biggest market. I can't really blame them. Sorry to tell u guys, BB is finished. RIP BlackBerry!
    03-27-14 09:16 PM
    Sorry to hear but where do you work? Are you on phone support? As first level?

? Slicing using my ?
    03-27-14 09:19 PM
    Are you being straight up or just disgruntled? I can understand if you're upset after losing your job. Just asking for clarification.

Z10
    FastLane228 likes this.
    03-27-14 09:22 PM
    To be exact, I worked for the BlackBerry Support team under a BPO company, but they recently laid off most of the people in both day and night shifts, so now I'm out of a job and looking for a new one. They only kept the Indonesian team since that's their biggest market. I can't really blame them. Sorry to tell u guys, BB is finished. RIP BlackBerry!
    Sorry to hear that!
    Employment is essential and that can be a real setback.
    But how does your layoff equate to BlackBerry being "finished"?
    Plenty of companies lose contracts, but they continue to conduct business.
    Plenty of people get laid off and companies continue to do business as well.
    Maybe you're just upset and justifiably so, so your vision may be a bit tainted.

Wishing you good luck in your new employment endeavors!
    When one door closes, another opens.
    Elite1 likes this.
    03-27-14 09:23 PM
    Sorry to hear! No wonder it was so hard to get support, I guess you were the only one left since they are done now, you made it sound like you were the last one standing and there is no more support now so BlackBerry is finished, too bad you never got to take care of my problem before you left. Dont know what I am going to do now, this really sucks

Q10 with Telus on 10.2.1.2141
    wincyUt, jvinp and FastLane228 like this.
    03-27-14 09:23 PM
    Prove you worked there, otherwise...

@BruvvaPete :Channel: C0012176F
    djdragon and FastLane228 like this.
    03-27-14 09:24 PM
    Wishful thinking...Perhaps because you got laid off??
    There's just too much info. to the contrary!

In the long run the pessimist may be proved right, but the optimist has a better time on the trip!
    CMcRob and FastLane228 like this.
    03-27-14 09:24 PM
    Sorry to hear you're a disgruntled employee.

Your posting should help though in obtaining a job reference.

Posted via CB10 - Z10 'Powered by BlackBerry'
    03-27-14 09:26 PM
    Sad to hear about your job. Realy!

I have always prayed for success of BlackBerry not only because I have invested in BlackBerry but also because thousands of people depend on the company to have an income.

I have always debated against those who prayed for BlackBerry's failure. I still pray that BlackBerry succeeds so the rest of the people who still have a job don't lose the job and hopefully BlackBerry can bring back those employees who were laid off in the recent past.
    jakie55, MADBRADNYC and stlabrat like this.
    03-27-14 09:26 PM
    I don't think he or she works there. I have people inside can validate this...but i don't know if this ted will come back

? Slicing using my ?
    03-27-14 09:27 PM
    Did you not get a warning before losing your job to look for another ???

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-27-14 09:30 PM
    Sorry to hear! No wonder it was so hard to get support, I guess you were the only one left since they are done now, you made it sound like you were the last one standing and there is no more support now so BlackBerry is finished, too bad you never got to take care of my problem before you left. Dont know what I am going to do now, this really sucks

Q10 with Telus on 10.2.1.2141
    BlackBerry is finished ?... are you guys all drama queens? they are cutting in order to survive for the future...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Clanked and Bonnie Bonzai like this.
    03-27-14 09:31 PM
    OP, no one is indispensable; move on with your life because BlackBerry is moving on.
    03-27-14 09:32 PM
    , so now I'm out of a job
    I guess this means no more leaks?
    daithiD likes this.
    03-27-14 09:32 PM
    Prove you worked there, otherwise...
    I don't think he or she works there.
    Works where? The OP does not work for BlackBerry directly. Never stated so.
    The OP works for a Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) company.
    What is business process outsourcing (BPO)? - Definition from WhatIs.com
    Maybe the OP does not want to divulge this personal information.
    Elite1 and cjcampbell like this.
    03-27-14 09:33 PM
    Wow man, that's horrible. I don't know what they'll do without you. John Chen should lose his job for personally laying you off.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 09:34 PM
    probably trolling, but

getting laid off is rarely a good thing, but the positives are you are free to choose a new path in life.

things happen for a reason.
    03-27-14 09:34 PM
    BlackBerry is finished ?... are you guys all drama queens? they are cutting in order to survive for the future...
    Exactly. Maybe that specific department was not really an essential at all.
    Usually, BPO is implemented as a cost-saving measure for tasks that a company requires but does not depend upon to maintain their position in the marketplace.
    tjseaman likes this.
    03-27-14 09:36 PM
    Sounds like somebody is **** hurt from losing their job.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 09:36 PM
    BlackBerry CEO John Chen says he's fighting against future product leaks by taking legal action against an individual who allegedly leaked secret company information to the public.

The head of the Waterloo smartphone company alleges that an unnamed person posed as an employee of a partner wireless carrier and then stole confidential details about a future BlackBerry product and leaked them.

Are you that guy??? Just curious.

03-27-14 09:46 PM
    BlackBerry CEO John Chen says he's fighting against future product leaks by taking legal action against an individual who allegedly leaked secret company information to the public.

The head of the Waterloo smartphone company alleges that an unnamed person posed as an employee of a partner wireless carrier and then stole confidential details about a future BlackBerry product and leaked them.

Are you that guy??? Just curious.

Bahahaha

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    tjseaman likes this.
    03-27-14 09:48 PM
    I can kinda see why they laid you off.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 09:50 PM
    Works where? The OP does not work for BlackBerry directly. Never stated so.
    The OP works for a Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) company.
    What is business process outsourcing (BPO)? - Definition from WhatIs.com
    Maybe the OP does not want to divulge this personal information.
    Thank you. It seems to be overlooked that BlackBerry did not lay this guy off. The contracted company did. Still, it sucks to hear that he lost his job but there are many details that aren't known. Perhaps his employer wasn't competitive with the rates at which it was billing to BlackBerry. I know what it's like to lose a client and it comes from being beaten by the next eager beaver that picked up the phone.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 09:53 PM
    Blackberry is finished, you hear me? FINISHED!!!!!!!!!

I have a source who would like to remain unnamed that Blackberry was already dead 5 years ago! I have another source who switch to Google Glass, he never looked back! Another source claim that the op missed his calling!
    FastLane228 likes this.
    03-27-14 09:56 PM
    This guy sounds like he worked the call service line ... on night shifts you were not an intricate part of blackberry. When my brother who works in marketing in the waterloo office gets laid off I'll start to worry.... thanks and sorry for your loss of a job but the fate of the company didn't resolve around you answering phone calls.
    03-27-14 10:07 PM
36 12