Since my Priv, owned less than a year, it is still under warranty, I contacted customer service about clicky display and they asked me to show evidence of the issue, which I did by sending them a video. I also told them that the sides were damaged by the defective hard case they sold us during the launch which at that time they rectified by sending us replacement cases. After reviewing my video, they transferred me to "repair" department where a nice lady told me that they would ship me by fedex a brand new unit which in turn I would use the same box and return label to ship back my old unit.

This is the first time I have ever heard of blackberry doing this since they usually require you to send your old unit first and you had to print their label and ship it to the US and deal with customs. This is a very bad way of treating your remaining loyal customers since we all need our phones at all times!

I will get my replacement tomorrow, hopefully there is no clicky display anylonger or any surprise problems.
    10-05-16 08:24 PM
    I have always had this type of service from BlackBerry even back in the bbos days. I remember my storm having issues and they sent me a brand new device through Purolator and had sticker inside to put back on box once I put my old phone in to ship back. Postage paid. Same thing with a z10 I got my mom

Posted via my old faithful Z10
    10-05-16 08:44 PM
    Nice. If you're living on the right continent, I guess... :-)

  "Chenterprise. We are the future. Resistance is futile. Prepare to BBe... "  
    10-05-16 11:26 PM
    Well actually in the days when BlackBerry did still speak directly to us here in Aus, I had to return my playbook, and I used the cust service phone number provided to start off the discussion. To my surprise it was Portugal where we in aus got routed to, and luckily their English was far better than my portuguese and I got a replacement playbook.

Same method as described above, they sent me new one, and I returned mine in their packaging. Oddly though, I returned it to Taiwan from memory.

Anyway, a successful transaction. Oh and the portuguese serv centre gave me a free playbook charging pod for my difficulties. Now that was nice, especially cos they cost aud60!

--Classic, 9700, Playbook, flip - posted using crackberry app --
    10-06-16 02:16 AM
    I received the same service with getting a replacement for my broken Passport. It was fast, and the reps were very professional and helpful. They were so kind, I kinda felt awkward talking to them lol!

Posted via CB10
    10-06-16 06:30 AM
    They've gotten much better, especially if the phone was purchased from Digital River. My issue with them has always been that if you purchased from a carrier, BlackBerry would pretty much blow you off and tell you to take it to the carrier and that it was their problem. The problem with that is that the carrier would then tell you its BlackBerry's problem. When I had my Passport replaced due to double typing it was purchased from DR, and they gave me the same type of service OP. Not sure if they've gotten any better with carrier purchased phones.
    10-06-16 06:47 AM
    Ah yes, another crappy QC Priv. But, I am impressed with Customer support and your RMA. However, I think it is a sign of desperation coming out of Blackberry since they are in the last stages of a terminal disease. I wish, oh how I wish, they had done this 4-5 years ago when there was still time to save BB.

Since my Priv, owned less than a year, it is still under warranty, I contacted customer service about clicky display and they asked me to show evidence of the issue, which I did by sending them a video. I also told them that the sides were damaged by the defective hard case they sold us during the launch which at that time they rectified by sending us replacement cases. After reviewing my video, they transferred me to "repair" department where a nice lady told me that they would ship me by fedex a brand new unit which in turn I would use the same box and return label to ship back my old unit.

This is the first time I have ever heard of blackberry doing this since they usually require you to send your old unit first and you had to print their label and ship it to the US and deal with customs. This is a very bad way of treating your remaining loyal customers since we all need our phones at all times!

I will get my replacement tomorrow, hopefully there is no clicky display anylonger or any surprise problems.
    10-06-16 06:47 AM
    Mine sucks. Bluetooth issues on my Passport SE. Took over a month of emails before they sent me FedEx label. They've had it two weeks now and still keep getting messages that they are assessing it.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-16 10:58 AM
    I have always had this type of service from BlackBerry seems I'm special.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by crackbrry fan; 10-06-16 at 07:27 PM.
    10-06-16 02:57 PM
    Always had great service from bb. Would be surprised if it wasn't

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-06-16 06:31 PM
    I wonder what kind of service I would get on a phone I got in trade with no warranty? All of my current BBs fall into that category.
    Fortunately, the only phone I had a problem with was my double typing AT&T Q10, which they replaced just before the warranty ended.

9000 >Q10>Z10>Z30>Z30>Lumia950>Classic>Priv
    10-06-16 07:37 PM
    I had this kind of service back in the days of PlayBook, and many have said it is normal as well.

Seems the issue was when they newly moved to Digital River and all bases were still being ironed out. DR seems to have improved lately too.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-16 07:02 AM