Hello fellow BlackBerry users, first time posting here and I gotta say, this is an amazing forum board for all BB lovers. I've been with BB for 5 years now. So the reason of my posting is, I have the BlackBerry Curve 9630 and it has a mind of it's own, and I am due to an upgrade, That being said, is Fido going to have BlackBerry devices in their lineups? I mean has it been any talks? any signs of some sort? I am not getting the iPhone 5S that Fido offered me.

Thanks
    03-19-15 05:48 PM
    I think fido stopped carrying BlackBerry phones a while ago. I don't think they will sell them again, there wasn't great demand for BlackBerry on fido. Maybe buy one from amazon.ca or shop BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 06:18 PM
    Yeah pay 500$ for the phone?
    03-19-15 06:50 PM
    Crackberry had Z30s for sale for $ 250.00 days ago, they might have some left?

  
    03-19-15 06:55 PM
    Yeah pay 500$ for the phone?
    The leap is coming out soon, it should be around $300 canadian.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 07:00 PM
    Can I install the BB 10 on the iPhone?
    03-19-15 07:01 PM
    Bb10 cannot be installed on iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 07:05 PM
    You cannot download another OS on a different phone. If you're looking for something cheaper get either the Leap or Z30. Or if you're looking to get a Classic or Passport go to a Bell store. They seem to have them on display and working.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 07:06 PM
    I am with Rogers and they doubled the monthly plan as fido raised the monthly plan also. Eventually the carrier will push the consumer on buying full priced phones from the manufacturer. Haven't you noticed all the prices have risen substantially?

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 07:07 PM
    Does any providers have the Leap? or just BlackBerry shop
    03-19-15 07:27 PM
    The leap is not available yet. You can sign up for availability on BlackBerry.com. Maybe wait to see if fido will carry it. You can call fido and ask them if they will carry BlackBerry again.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 07:40 PM
    I use a DAB and it works well with fido and rogers
    03-19-15 07:48 PM
    If you want something similar to your 9630 and want to try the BB10 experience without breaking the bank order a Q5.
    Head over to Future Shop - online or in the store for $129.99 (Telus) and get it unlocked for $10/$15 bucks.
    TELUS BlackBerry Q5 Smartphone - Black - Prepaid : BlackBerry Q5 - Future Shop
    If you like the BB10 experience - you can upgrade at a later date.
    Can't go wrong with this deal. Q5 is a great phone - I have a couple of those.
    Good luck.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    03-19-15 08:50 PM
    Hi there from Vancouver. I have discount codes for both Classic ($75) and Passport ($100) if that helps?
    mkiiw likes this.
    03-19-15 09:17 PM
    I am stuck between 3 phones, BlackBerry Classic, the Z30 and a none BlackBerry device the iPhone 5s. Which phone is better between the Classic and the Z30?, the Z30 is a touchphone, therefore it doesn't have the QWERTY keypad as opposed to the Classic, thus making it hard to type on a keyboard like that. My second question is, since I am not a business man, I am a customer service rep. Is the Classic mainly for business people?
    03-20-15 05:12 PM
    The Z30 is awesome, highly recommended. The new 10.3 upgrade made it even better!
    I once thought I couldn't live without the keyboard but I got used to it!
    Go get the Z30!

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 06:00 PM
    I am stuck between 3 phones, BlackBerry Classic, the Z30 and a none BlackBerry device the iPhone 5s. Which phone is better between the Classic and the Z30?, the Z30 is a touchphone, therefore it doesn't have the QWERTY keypad as opposed to the Classic, thus making it hard to type on a keyboard like that. My second question is, since I am not a business man, I am a customer service rep. Is the Classic mainly for business people?
    The classic and Z30 are both super phones, however since you'd be new to the whole BlackBerry 10 OS experience, you'll find yourself more familiar with the Classic. Both phones are good for you, it depends more if you like to use media on your device and would prefer a larger screen. Either have a bigger screen than your old curve anyways. Also, both have superb battery life for their class.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2558
    03-20-15 06:12 PM
    Tomorrow I am going to get my new phone since my Curve decided to go K.O, won't even charge anymore. I appreciate your comments, but it doesn't answer my question, is the BB Classic more for entrepreneurs and business people like corporate? or it could be for anybody. Cause I do find the Classic appealing. How's the camera on the Classic? does it take good quality pictures?
    03-20-15 09:39 PM
    FYI: If they do carry the BB line, it'd be the low end.

More FYI: I bought my Z30 from shopblackberry.ca. It was on sale then and now at CAN$399, it's still an excellent price for this unlocked phone.

Pop in your Fido SIM and you're good to go!

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 10:13 PM
    I purchased a Z10 from Fido, and then I purchased a Z30 privately, and continue to use Fido. They support all BB10 unlocked devices, so you'll have no problem with any device.

When I ordered my phone from Fido - it arrived from a Rogers warehouse. So i recommend you phone Fido's customer service line, and ask if it's possible to obtain the phone you want. If Rogers sells it, it should be available for you. From my experience Fido is pretty CS oriented, but everyone is when it's a matter of keeping your business. BUT DO NOT TRY THIS AT A FIDO STORE - they do not have the same powder or knowledge as the service people at head office.

The Classic and Z10 are identical in terms of functions and software... Neither is better geared towards business or not. They both have great batteries, cameras, size and weight are similar - the only huge exception is the screen size and keyboard. If you like looking at movies and photos - i recommend the Z30. The virtual keyboard is amazing, and predicted text will make typing effortless... after 2wks you'll love it. The only part I do miss are the shortcuts which the physical keyboard allow with the Classic, and the trackpad. Only you know whether you'll miss those... If you're considering the iphone, then probably not.

Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 11:39 PM
    Tomorrow I am going to get my new phone since my Curve decided to go K.O, won't even charge anymore. I appreciate your comments, but it doesn't answer my question, is the BB Classic more for entrepreneurs and business people like corporate? or it could be for anybody. Cause I do find the Classic appealing. How's the camera on the Classic? does it take good quality pictures?
    For anybody

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2558
    03-21-15 12:06 PM