This morning's earnings report and call merely affirmed BlackBerry will be around for another quarter.

The financial press has been largely silent meaning BlackBerry has achieved irrelevance in their eyes - no need to "waste ink."

The stockholders apparently believe that as well given today's sell off.

So what are we "fan boys" supposed to do?

As for me, I am extremely satisfied with the BlackBerry 10 phones I have bought and used. For me, it has been a perfect marriage of OS to hardware. Grand specs in Android devices is window dressing masking the tremendous inefficiency of the OS.

If the BlackBerry ship is sinking, I will go down with it. BB10 is an excellent OS and the baked in Apps are sufficient for my needs and purposes.

As I have previously stated or implied, I do not subscribe to any facet of privacy destroying social networking, nor do I use my phone for entertainment.

Q10 driven by 10.3.2.2204
    rthonpm and TCB on Z10 like this.
    06-23-15 05:59 PM
    Quite frankly I'm fatigued by the rumours, the negative press, the FUD etc. I think I need to take a break from following BlackBerry news and the forums, just enjoy my awesome Z30 and not worry if there will be a BlackBerry phone for me to buy in the future.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-15 07:24 PM
    I'm with a little bit from column A, and a little bit from column B....
    Both good points.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-15 09:11 PM
    I just love my BB10 phones..

  
    06-23-15 10:29 PM
    I just love my BB10 phones..

  
    Same here!

Posted via CB10
    06-23-15 10:54 PM
    To me it's a huge disconnect that the most functional hardware and software to be found in the smartphone world, namely the Z30 and the Passport, running now on official 10.3.2 OS versions, can't compete with Apple and Samsung in the non game intensive, adult market.

There are many reasons or explanations or excuses for BlackBerry's failure as a company in terms of their business model and their marketing and sales practices, but I suspect that in the US, at least, it boiled down to BlackBerry's lack of understanding of what the 16-35 year old age demographic wanted in terms of glitz, games, photos and texting, because this is the group that drives sales in the smartphone market. Apple understood it--they understand everything these days. Samsung understood that they could provide a lower end smartphone that did most of what the iPhone did, and captured the low and mid price market.

Of course, now it's too late. No one will write any serious software for BlackBerry, all the medical and other industries will develop only Apple and Android compatible hardware and software, with a very limited amount of that able to run on BlackBerry, and in short, the train has left the station. John Chen can build a pure Android device, of course, and may sell a few of those, but unless BlackBerry can prove itself to be indispensable in terms of security for business and government, I think the game is over.

I hope my Passport lasts a long time, because it does everything I need, and well. The Passport was a voluntary choice for me--about the same price as an iPhone 6--and for all the reasons CBers know so well, there really wasn't a choice at all. But there aren't enough of us dedicated BBers around to save this company, and it's a shame.
    06-23-15 11:34 PM
    To me it's a huge disconnect that the most functional hardware and software to be found in the smartphone world, namely the Z30 and the Passport, running now on official 10.3.2 OS versions, can't compete with Apple and Samsung in the non game intensive, adult market. . . . .
    Spot on analysis - well reasoned!

Blackberry is still operating, so we can still be hopeful there may be a miraculous revival in the future.

06-24-15 03:07 PM
    I like my Passport. What a awesome device. I like the look you get when you pull it out... my phone that is. lol
    06-24-15 03:27 PM
    To me it's a huge disconnect that the most functional hardware and software to be found in the smartphone world, namely the Z30 and the Passport, running now on official 10.3.2 OS versions, can't compete with Apple and Samsung in the non game intensive, adult market.

There are many reasons or explanations or excuses for BlackBerry's failure as a company in terms of their business model and their marketing and sales practices, but I suspect that in the US, at least, it boiled down to BlackBerry's lack of understanding of what the 16-35 year old age demographic wanted in terms of glitz, games, photos and texting, because this is the group that drives sales in the smartphone market. Apple understood it--they understand everything these days. Samsung understood that they could provide a lower end smartphone that did most of what the iPhone did, and captured the low and mid price market.

Of course, now it's too late. No one will write any serious software for BlackBerry, all the medical and other industries will develop only Apple and Android compatible hardware and software, with a very limited amount of that able to run on BlackBerry, and in short, the train has left the station. John Chen can build a pure Android device, of course, and may sell a few of those, but unless BlackBerry can prove itself to be indispensable in terms of security for business and government, I think the game is over.

I hope my Passport lasts a long time, because it does everything I need, and well. The Passport was a voluntary choice for me--about the same price as an iPhone 6--and for all the reasons CBers know so well, there really wasn't a choice at all. But there aren't enough of us dedicated BBers around to save this company, and it's a shame.
    What a hard but true post!

I am at the same boat. I have my passport and just love the device and OS. It is like owning something special.

I even play with the thought buying a Classic. I am afraid about all these toxic news and rumors about crappy Android devices etc.

So sad that there is no news about new devices.

But the saddest fact is BlackBerry World. There is no update for apps anymore!! It is like desert. When I think about 1,5 years ago? Update for Skype, Bloomberg, Twitter, BBM, Facebook, Whatsapp and many more.

Remember when we used to have music and movies??? All pulled. No updates. Very sad.

BlackBerry is perfect for me. Sad.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-15 04:31 PM
    Yes, I understand this sentiment, but let's not get suckered in to the doom and gloom too much. It's not over till it's over, and they might be building partnerships we don't even know of yet...

A few more negative or so-so quarters were to be expected, right? :-)

  Pastaporto aglio e olio... Mmmhhh!  
    Last edited by Prem WatsApp; 06-25-15 at 02:01 AM.
    06-24-15 04:37 PM
    Indeed.

We live in the now. Not past or future.

So who knows ? Let's enjoy our BlackBerry 10 phones and trust Chen.

We live in the here and now. Not past or future.

Posted via CB10
    howards likes this.
    06-24-15 04:55 PM
    I may be tunnel visioned, but I consider myself more single-minded.

I will stay on the BlackBerry ship with the great hope that there may be a very bright horizon in the future.

I will use my BB10 phones until they can no longer be powered up.

Signs of fatigue:

1. John Chen, while staying on course relentlessly, seems to lack a "spring in his step" when speaking about BlackBerry.

2. The financial press has ignored the 6/23 earnings report and call excepting MSNBC, and they seemed ill prepared to interview John Chen.

3. The popular threads on CB about Android based BlackBerry phones coupled often with the demise of BB10.

4. Even passionate BlackBerry fanboys seem to be throwing in the towel and increasingly are plotting their retreat to IOS and Android

06-24-15 07:18 PM
    I may be tunnel visioned, but I consider myself more single-minded.

I will stay on the BlackBerry ship with the great hope that there may be a very bright horizon in the future.

I will use my BB10 phones until they can no longer be powered up.

Signs of fatigue:

1. John Chen, while staying on course relentlessly, seems to lack a "spring in his step" when speaking about BlackBerry.

2. The financial press has ignored the 6/23 earnings report and call excepting MSNBC, and they seemed ill prepared to interview John Chen.

3. The popular threads on CB about Android based BlackBerry phones coupled often with the demise of BB10.

4. Even passionate BlackBerry fanboys seem to be throwing in the towel and increasingly are plotting their retreat to IOS and Android

The fight must go on. Temporary retreat to regroup, and then attack again once the wonder weapons are out... :-) *

(looking at you, Zzzzzlider...)

(*please forgive that WW2 analogy... )

  Pastaporto aglio e olio... Mmmhhh!  
    06-25-15 02:03 AM