The other day I was using my BlackBerry Z10 in front of someone and to my surprise she said "wow your phone is fast"
    I laughed a little and simply replied "Ya, it's a BlackBerry."

I was a little shocked at first, usually people usually see my phone, ask what it is, and after I tell them it's a BlackBerry they usually say oh I thought they were garbage, or they still exist. I then have to say no, it's a great phone, and give the quick tutorial.

All that said, I think it was better that she saw how quickly I could do things, in my natural way, zipping around from app to messages, back to app, rather than the slow tutorial I usually give.

I always tell them about the evolution of the BlackBerry 10 OS, and I don't lie, I say it has it's downfalls, just like their iPhone or Android does, but I would never switch at this point. I let them play with my phone and let them decide if they like it.

Then they ask about the apps, what can I say? I tell them about android runtime and apk files, and I also explain that I don't mind the "lack of apps" because I don't need to use a service if they don't want to make an app. I will not give a big company a red cent if they cannot make a BlackBerry 10 app that probably only cost a few thousand to make. Companies that have profits in the millions to billions of dollars can afford to make apps for BlackBerry and windows phones, it's chump change to them, and it will only lead to more innovation in the mobile arena. Android runtime has made it better for the BlackBerry app scene ,and I applaud BlackBerry for making it possible, but I still prefer a native app, and tend to avoid ports and apk installs. I believe in competition, without it we all end up with a few companies in control that don't care about the users. Look at canada, we have a handful of cell companies, and we end up with high priced plans, and horrible customer service. Between Bell, Rogers, and Telus, which is better? They're all in the same boat if you ask me, and it's not a good looking boat. But it's also the big guys loss if they don't make an app, because a small developer will come in and make a substitute app, and people will pay because they want that experience.

All that said, I'm pleased with the BlackBerry experience, I'm always looking for a new leak to see what ideas made it through, and what improvements there are, and what bugs have been sorted out. Right now I'm on 10.2.1.2234, and loving it, just updated yesterday and can't wait for a new OS to pop up. I also cannot wait to see what new devices will come from BlackBerry, been on the Z10 since it's arrival and can't wait to upgrade to the next flagship device.

I hope BlackBerry can stay in the game, my first one was the 8900, and been with them ever since. I also people will change their attitudes, ya BlackBerry is far from perfect, but I never heard an iPhone user say I love my phone its perfect either. Each has it's positives and negatives, but enough of the narrowed mindedness because it's only going to lead to a dictatorship in the mobile world. BlackBerry has come a long way from its legacy OS, give them a try, don't just look and assume.

Z10 and waiting for BB10 SLIDER
    twirlyboy and KDB84 like this.
    03-20-14 09:31 AM
    Thanks for sharing! Those are always nice surprise encounters to experience
    03-20-14 10:39 AM
    I also explain that I don't mind the "lack of apps" because I don't need to use a service if they don't want to make an app
    And their eyes glazed over right there and anything else you said was 'blah blah'..
    bbq10l and spikesolie like this.
    03-20-14 11:06 AM
    And their eyes glazed over right there and anything else you said was 'blah blah'..
    That's okay, just a rant, nothing more, nothing less.

03-20-14 11:30 AM
    Too bad you were not using a Z30. If they thought a Z10 is fast.. woo...eeee a Z30 would drop them dead.
    03-20-14 11:39 AM
    Too bad you were not using a Z30. If they thought a Z10 is fast.. woo...eeee a Z30 would drop them dead.
    I know, I'm in between getting the Z30 or waiting for the next flagship. I keep on hearing great things about the Z30 though.

03-20-14 11:44 AM
    There's how you know the intensity of an addiction; when your mood improves big time because someone gives you some praise for it
    03-20-14 03:57 PM