So out of the blue, my Facebook Messenger App stopped working. When I go on the hope page it says no messages and when I try to refresh it a message saying "connection error" shows up. If I try and send a message to someone from that app it works fine but if I quit the conversation there is no way I can find it again because it says I have no messages.

I've tried rebooting my phone (blackberry curve 9300), logging out of the app and loggin back in. I even deleted the app and installed it again and it still isn't working.
    HELP !
    06-20-13 01:07 PM
    This seems to happen every so often it will resolve on its own in 12-48 hrs. You can still see everything else but news feeds.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 01:14 PM
    So out of the blue, my Facebook Messenger App stopped working. When I go on the hope page it says no messages and when I try to refresh it a message saying "connection error" shows up. If I try and send a message to someone from that app it works fine but if I quit the conversation there is no way I can find it again because it says I have no messages.

I've tried rebooting my phone (blackberry curve 9300), logging out of the app and loggin back in. I even deleted the app and installed it again and it still isn't working.
    HELP !

I'm also getting this and its been three days now - its really frustrating!!!
    MrDannyJames likes this.
    06-23-13 11:58 AM
    This is confirmed for my Q10 and Z10. Constantly asking to refresh when attempting to enter messages. All other features respond as normal.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 07:27 PM
    Hey!

Do you still have this issue, because it's been nearly two weeks for me and I can't get my FB mess app to work on my 9900 nor my 9700.

I've deleted the App sevral times and did soft and hard reset... the issue is still present.

Even worse, FB help page does not even say anything about BlackBerries

Many Thanks
    Seph
    09-13-13 04:18 AM
    I had the same problem.

Open on facebook messenger blackberry,
    Press blackbery button, choose "new message"
    Then you send a message to yourself, you arrive in your own conversation
    Press the blackberry button and then "update", you should see your own conversation that appears correctly
    quit facebook messenger and return it and finally press "load more elements"
    12-28-13 02:58 PM
    I cant even open Messenger on my Z30 - it stopped working a week or so ago, and now wont even load. I've also tried restarting phone, uninstalling and reinstalling app, but nothing seems to work.
    06-19-15 07:47 AM